Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 born 2 shop

Thanks for the info. I have now been able to access the website using Chrome.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I managed to login tonight, however I can't see any recent transactions anymore. They have posted up my new payment date & amount (which has gone up massively since last month), but I've no statement, nothing in post either so no idea what's going on!
    Same old story now, pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've been one of the lucky ones . No issues apart from recent transactions not showing up. They are now. But I'm still closing my account. Balance has been transferred so that's that !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I wish I could move my card. I've been declined from AIB and Tesco card! Not earning as much as I used to, so its making it very hard to apply for a new one, plus my balance is almost €2k :(
    So pi**ed off now.
    Will have to go through the ordeal of ringing them tomorrow. So bored of dealing with these people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Has anyone got a replacement card yet?

Magnetic strip on mine is not working...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

cgarrad wrote: »
    Has anyone got a replacement card yet?

Magnetic strip on mine is not working...

Been waiting 4-5 weeks for mine now.
    Ringing tomorrow as I'm fed up waiting and it will be my 5th time ringing them. I want to buy things but I can't. Signed up with Tesco today so will see if I'm aproved there if I am I'm moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Davy wrote: »
    This thread has gone fairly quiet in comparison to recent weeks. Are most issues sorted now? Getting paper statements etc

That new telephone number has done the job!
    Got through today.
    Didn't have to listen to that woman giving me a lot of information I didn't want.
    The young lady I got through to knew exactly what she was about.
    Got my login problem sorted in a flash.
    Pity they didn't have people like her answering the phones following the changeover, I might not have got myself another card, but coronary arteries can take only so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

I just called and jumped through a load of hoops before I got a person on the phone.
    I then cancelled the card and am delighted to be rid of this disaster of a company.
    MBNA never had issues that I experienced but this Avant crowd are nothing but hassle.

If you are in a position to pay the debt (+€30 stamp duty) then do so and close it off and get a card from a company where the last you can do is logon and see your statements.

In fact I am not even gonna get a new CC....have a bank Debit Visa card that does everything the CC does (apart from allow me spend money I don't have...surely a good thing these days!) and just gonna use that.

Good riddance Avant!

I got through really quickly on the number 071-9594072 this morning. Spoke to a lovely woman.
    She went through the breakdown on my statement & said it was sent out by post last Friday.

My order for a new card didn't go through last week and as such they have to order another one. seven working days from today. Applied to Tesco yesterday so will most likely go with them should I be approved and kick avant/mbna to the kerb. First rang on the 03/04 for a new card and still waiting and after 5 phone calls, at this stage is crazy from a company.

• Advertisement

Got my new card, was at home on Saturday. Shiney new avantcard aswell.
    Signed up for the web then as it has a new card number aswell.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Interesting that there are new card numbers coming too! I suspect the multitude of different MBNA cards (Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Cubic Zirconia, Tin Foil etc etc) will probably end up being rationalised to a standardised card design. Guess we'll see. My old card expires in July, so I'll just have to wait :D

Still no sign of my statement in the post, despite being told last Wednesday it had been posted on the 3rd May. Rang today, was told it was posted on the 6th May!? apparently I should have it this week!....we'll see!

Ste- wrote: »
    Got my new card, was at home on Saturday. Shiney new avantcard aswell.
    Signed up for the web then as it has a new card number aswell.

It would be odd to get any other brand of card from them two months after the changeover.
    What should be encouraging for those continuing to do business with them, is that it suggests that they really are a serious credit card company and not a mechanism for dealing with MBNA's debt as has been mentioned in these fora.

ainiseoir wrote: »
    It would be odd to get any other brand of card from them two months after the changeover.
    What should be encouraging for those continuing to do business with them, is that it suggests that they really are a serious credit card company and not a mechanism for dealing with MBNA's debt as has been mentioned in these fora.

What was odd to me is that they totally weren't prepared for the changeover. It's not like it was last minute. I'd say they have lost some custom over this.
    Still toying with the idea of moving myself, holding onto it for the time being tho as will be on holidays soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone find their payments go through faster with Advant than MBNA?

I have always paid something on a friday from my online bank A/C and it used to reach my MBNA CC by Tuesday or Wednesday, ever since the change over to Advant payment has reached my CC with Advant by Monday morning.

Thats good, wonder why its a day faster, or why MBNA took a day or two longer over a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Granduca57

Yes - I find the same - I wonder where my money was on holiday with MBNA when they had their hands on it?

ainiseoir wrote: »

To be fair, they've said as far back as the communications I have that new AvantCard cards would be issued in due course.

What we saw/see here is the tech glitches with issuing new cards..but that's now seemingly underway.
    Anyone find their payments go through faster with Advant than MBNA?

Probably a more up to date system.

Seems online statements are live. I can see my April 2013 one there now.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Seems online statements are live. I can see my April 2013 one there now.

same here, I can finally see my statement! progress! lol

• Advertisement

May statement has also arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I have 2 seperate Credit Cards with Avantcard. With MBNA I could link my 2 cards and view details of both online. It took Avantcard 2 months to finally get their online service up and running properly. I rang them earlier as It would only let me register one card to begin with. In order to register a second, I need to use different log in details and password. They can't be linked in the one account. Absolutely farcical .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    same here, I can finally see my statement! progress! lol

I would prefer the future months weren't in the drop down list until they are ready to view. Cant see the point of it

BuffyBot wrote: »
    May statement has also arrived.

mine arrived today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I received a replacement card from Avant during the week, but they kept the same expiry date as the old one (during 2014). It make me wonder if they are only here for a short period to get as much as they can out of the outstanding MBNA accounts.

Skid X wrote: »
    I received a replacement card from Avant during the week, but they kept the same expiry date as the old one (during 2014). It make me wonder if they are only here for a short period to get as much as they can out of the outstanding MBNA accounts.

My new avantcard expires April 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Waiting months for a replacement card after the previous one was "compromised".
    Statements still not arrived - oh, I did get one last week ...... a duplicate of the previous month's!
    Guy on the phone is oh so helpful ......... but that, and 50 cent, will buy me a cup of coffee ......... i.e. see above, no card and no statement.
    If my limit wasn't so good I'd bugger off elsewhere, but the other card-providers are giving limits of €4.50 for new accounts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

I received a replacement card during the week
    Valid from: 04/13
    Until End: 08/13
    WTF? :confused::confused:
    The end date on the original MBNA card was 08/13 but surely if they're going to the trouble of issuing a new card, they'd make it valid for a couple of years or however long they usually give. 4 months!!!! Absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:

20260622 wrote: »
    I received a replacement card during the week
    Valid from: 04/13
    Until End: 08/13
    WTF? :confused::confused:
    The end date on the original MBNA card was 08/13 but surely if they're going to the trouble of issuing a new card, they'd make it valid for a couple of years or however long they usually give. 4 months!!!! Absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:

WTF sums it up beautifully.
    The Spanish may move in mysterious ways.
    Perhaps they have been in touch with your doctor?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

That is standard procedure. Whether they will reissue a new card in August is the interesting part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement