Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

I can log in fine with Firefox and Mac OS X.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Couldn't log in last night on iPad using chrome.
    Could log in today in work using PC and chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Snap1

Thanks for replies guys, doesn't work on Internet Explorer but managed to get in on Google Chrome no problem!
    Seems to be a broken link on IE...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was having trouble logging in tonight, but eventually managed to. I can see my recent transactions now, but eventhough my last DD was the 16th April, there's no sign of it being updated to when the new payment is due & how much! No statement in post for April yet either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread has gone fairly quiet in comparison to recent weeks. Are most issues sorted now? Getting paper statements etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Davy wrote: »
    This thread has gone fairly quiet in comparison to recent weeks. Are most issues sorted now? Getting paper statements etc

No, just giving up on them....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

No, just giving up on them....

ditto

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bear in mind that folks are many times less likely to come and post "everything's ok" than they are to post a complaint. So I wouldn't take a quiet thread as being indicitive of anything other than that.

Personally, everything seems fine for me now. Transactions processing, payments arriving in and being applied, paper statement received etc. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

For me, it's working fairly well too.

It will be great when I can see statements online, but transaction history and login works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Everything fine for me as well - now that I can see the transactions online and am receiving statements (albeit a little bit later than I'd like). As said above, will be great when you can see statements online as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Everything ok

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

I have received a printed statement for the second time.
    But I can't see statements online.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭elroy45

Got my printed statement which is correct and upto date. However, the website still is a complete joke - right now it is worthless with the exception of giving you your balance. You cant get the make up to that balance. Cant even log on this evening. Really not good enough. Surprised the central bank allowed this transition when clearly Avant were not ready.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

no sign of my paper statement or what is due to be paid in May, will give it a few more days though as it may not be generated until May begins. Nothing telling me online either, apart from recent transactions & how much (little!) I have left to spend! It is a joke and I'm amazed too they are getting away with it. I can't even change to another card as I've been refused by 2 already :( Definitely not as easy as it used to be!

found this article about them, from 19th April http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/local/thousands-of-mbna-customers-affected-by-switch-over-1-5004684

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I love the bit that says 'In recent days it issued a letter to banks, credit card issuers and insurance companies warning them to speedily correct customer errors.'

No doubt these institutions are now quaking in their boots, eager to sort things out for fear they receive another letter.

I love the bit that says 'In recent days it issued a letter to banks, credit card issuers and insurance companies warning them to speedily correct customer errors.'

No doubt these institutions are now quaking in their boots, eager to sort things out for fear they receive another letter.

yeah! Cos the central bank really seem to be doing their job so well as it is...ha!
    Its obvious Avant Card don't really give a s**t about their customers! At this stage they should have at least written to everyone & apologised for the delays & issues.

No I want no letter as all those admin costs get passed on to us the customer,. shocking how the banks can get away with this while we the customer and taxpayer go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

dk1982 wrote: »
    I reported mine lost on the 28th of march and I've yet to get mine. They still cant give me a date either. What a shambles!! Is "Finance Charge" on the statement basically the interest charge??

Still have not received replacement card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I had a phone call from them yesterday. Im on a restructured payment. The girl explained about the extra charge they placed on my card last month but said this would be returned to me this month.
    She was very nice, asked me if I'm still ok with the payment plan (I am).
    All in all no complaints as of yet.

PlainP wrote: »
    I had a phone call from them yesterday. Im on a restructured payment. The girl explained about the extra charge they placed on my card last month but said this would be returned to me this month.
    She was very nice, asked me if I'm still ok with the payment plan (I am).
    All in all no complaints as of yet.
    She must have been left behind by mistake when MBNA moved out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

sassyj wrote: »
    Still have not received replacement card

I think I'm in a similar position to yourself.
    I rang on Wednesday to be told it was taking 6 weeks for the new cards as they were being shipped over from Spain ?
    Hoping mine is at home, was told all being well it should be here this week. Going home tomorrow to check. That was my 4th time on the phone to them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I see the following now on the site:
    Online Banking Update

We are working to ensure your current month's statement information will be available from 14th May 2013

You will them be able to:

• Print statement information

• Export statement information to a file

• Request a copy statement be dispatched to your postal address 

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I see the following now on the site:

LOL I log in and get: Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Thraxen wrote: »
    LOL I log in and get: Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later.

I have not been able to login since shortly after registering with Avantcard despite frequent phone calls and a call back from a Guru.
    Apparently the red message disabling my Username for too many attempts doesn't show up on their side of the fence.
    I have been able to access my account by going the tortuous route of "forgotten details".
    I have just done so and got into my account, whereas this person who still has a login facility apparently can't.
    You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭Tow

Still down

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 born 2 shop

Is it just me or can anyone else not access their account? Up to last week, I had been able to login and view my account. Now I can't get past the login prompt. Page just keeps jumping and doesn't move on to next step. Just as I was beginning to think things may be back to normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭Tow

It is no longer working with IE, fine with Chrome

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Is it just me or can anyone else not access their account? Up to last week, I had been able to login and view my account. Now I can't get past the login prompt. Page just keeps jumping and doesn't move on to next step. Just as I was beginning to think things may be back to normal!

Following all those attempts are you not getting
    "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts. For security reasons your username has been disabled. Please call our customer service number 0818 409 511 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 2pm and we will be able to help you further"?
    i got myself into that category without trying!
    You may find that you can access your account by clicking on the "forgotten details" link. I would suggest using your existing password when you are asked for the "New" password to avoid getting into a total tangle.
    One can only wonder what this says about security when you can get in, albeit as a pain in the ass, through the backdoor - no pun intended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I've no doubt that if I were to develop technical difficulties that prevented me from paying them, I'd be getting threats by phone, post and everything else.

However, when it's the bank's fault they appreciate your patience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement