Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Well, I've received no statement from AC, I would normally have got it from MBNA about a week ago. I can see my statement balance on the site but I can't see the details. I presume they'll still want to be paid on time even if I can't see my statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

Well, I've received no statement from AC, I would normally have got it from MBNA about a week ago. I can see my statement balance on the site but I can't see the details. I presume they'll still want to be paid on time even if I can't see my statement?

Of course, I mean surely you don't expect them to be fair do you?
    Na honestly though call their number: http://avantcard.ie/Pages/Contact_us.aspx
    Input your credit card number and they will give you the amount you need to pay. Now if for instance you pay in the post office you can use the old slip but tell the guy at the counter the amount. That slip is just a barcode with your details and the avant card ones but not the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

I got my statement today as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Solair wrote: »
    That's exactly what Halifax did to Irish credit card customers. They were just basically given a few months to either transfer to another provider, pay down the card or I think in some cases it may have been converted into a term loan of some sort.

That's what has me worried.
    MBNA stopped issuing new credit card accounts in Ireland quite a long while before the sale and were just managing the existing cards.

I'll be pleasantly relieved if I see this crowd actually sorting themselves out and selling new cards, but for now they are giving me lots of cause to be quite sceptical.

I might hang onto the card, but I will be making sure I don't have any balance on it.

I only really use it to provide a buffer between my current account and the internet. I don't like using Visa Debit online as fraud could clean out your current account. Where as with a credit card it's the bank's money, so they've more incentive to go after it :)

Halifax allowed the outstanding debt be to paid off monthly at 10% annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

trying to ring them 18 minutes on hold so far, some jokers. Very reluctant to make a payment without being able to check my transactions via either on-line or a statement and at the moment I have neither, yet they still will want paying.

edit now 28 minutes on hold
    now 36 minutes on hold lol

after 49 minutes on hold, call was answered and hung up on. Grrrr

neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Right so, 3 wks ago i re-registered, (as per there website) memorable p.w set up, couldn't see a thing, so 2day I use my old log in etc & I can see everything bar pending transactions? ( I'd tried old log in last week chancing my arm & nothing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

That RTE piece seems to underplay the problems Avant are having. If this was Ulster Bank there'd be a piece about it on the 6 O'Clock news every night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Paid 700 online using their site and it went through ok.
    It just debited my bank account.
    Still no statement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I haven't had a statement since the change.

But ... payments from my bank account seem to be going through fine. Spending is fine. Haven't used it in a shop yet, but have used it lots online.

Very very frustrated by the website, and especially the lack of transaction listings.

By the sounds of things, I am one of the lucky few, who isn't having many problems.

• Advertisement

Cant feckin log on now, now my a.cis locked....I give up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

I've had the card blocked 4 times in four days for:

1. trying to take out €50
    2. paying an annual club membership
    3. trying to put €16 on the grand national
    4. buying a few pints

It is beyond a joke, htf does a €16 tx cause a red flag?

How are they allowed shut down their customer service after 2.00 when the are having major problems.

I dont pay by DD so i wont be making any repayments until i know i can use the card and i'll be asking for a refund of interest with the FSOB for the time it takes to get their sytems working properly.

€16 and i get a fraud risk text and told to ring them on monday. jokeshop.

Tg my card is Woking gave it a test drive 2day

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I've had the card blocked 4 times in four days for:

1. trying to take out €50
    2. paying an annual club membership
    3. trying to put €16 on the grand national
    4. buying a few pints

It is beyond a joke, htf does a €16 tx cause a red flag?

How are they allowed shut down their customer service after 2.00 when the are having major problems.

I dont pay by DD so i wont be making any repayments until i know i can use the card and i'll be asking for a refund of interest with the FSOB for the time it takes to get their sytems working properly.

€16 and i get a fraud risk text and told to ring them on monday. jokeshop.

I like the bit about ringing their emergency number re fraud risk in 4 days time.
    Other than that, by my lights, you used your card for for 3 "no-no" purposes and maybe depending on the nature of the "club" you may have scored 4/4.
    Back in the Bertie era, you would have been a credit card company's dream, but now probably not so much !!
    Fair dues for trying to keep the good times rolling, keep the faith.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Have they issued new cards to everyone as havn't received one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New cards only on expiring of the current Mbna one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

havent received a bill since feb 21. cant view online account, as its not up and running yet. Bit of a joke to be honest. They knew they were taking over mbna long ago and its a bit annoying that numerous calls to their agents make no diffence COME ON BOYS AND GIRLS, TAKE YOUR FINGER OUT, GET GET THINGS SORTED. NOT A GREAT SRART TO BE HONEST

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭herrdood

Hi,

I cannot login normally to the avantcard.ie site due to 'too many attempts'.

I got through to a service agent after 18 mins. She claimed to have sorted it but not working since.

I discovered today that i can access my account via the 'forgoten your login details link'

Its a pain but it works. :rolleyes:

As it happens my balance looks too high but no recent transactions so can't tell if there are any suspicious transactions. :confused:

HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It really is going on too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Expecting new cards is probably asking a bit much. I still havn't received statements for both of my accounts, which need to be paid within next 7 days. Online system is a farce. Over 3 weeks since the official changeover and no progress whatsoever .

• Advertisement

madanall wrote: »
    Expecting new cards is probably asking a bit much. I still havn't received statements for both of my accounts, which need to be paid within next 7 days. Online system is a farce. Over 3 weeks since the official changeover and no progress whatsoever .

paying my account off online is working fine for me.
    Still no statement though.

herrdood wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot login normally to the avantcard.ie site due to 'too many attempts'.

I got through to a service agent after 18 mins. She claimed to have sorted it but not working since.

I discovered today that i can access my account via the 'forgoten your login details link'

Its a pain but it works. :rolleyes:
    As it happens my balance looks too high but no recent transactions so can't tell if there are any suspicious transactions. :confused:

HD

I was told the same thing over a week ago.
    Back then the wee girls manning the phones excused themselves to go to another part of the building, or to a pub across the road to consult a guru.
    Now they just shovel you some S***e and take the next call.
    I had hoped that with the red "mea culpa" gone from the opening page that they had things in hand, but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

paying my account off online is working fine for me.
    Still no statement though.

When you say paying online works fine do you mean you can see your balance owed dropping reflecting the payment ?
    My DD left my back account Friday but has not show up yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

km79 wrote: »
    When you say paying online works fine do you mean you can see your balance owed dropping reflecting the payment ?

Thats less than 2 working days. Id check it tomorrow or wednesday at the earliest.

Ive had payments accepted by them so far.

km79 wrote: »

I did a transfer last Friday and its showing in my account today.

I can see the dropping balance, last statement amount and when the money hit my card.

Cant see statements yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So I had reason to call today (noting some travel on to the account) and my call was answered within seconds by a friendly agent who after security validation noted it and wished me a good holiday.

Looks like they have survived the initial on slaughter and are now back to normal business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I rang today to arrange payment over the phone. I got threw to them in under 2 minutes :eek:, must be a new record :rolleyes:. Payed off my balance with the bro's laser, so a little win there :). It seems I will have to use the old methods of paying in the PO or by telemandate until a time my bank can fix online banking with avantcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Been reading this thread since the beginning and i must say that there has been a lot of overreaction from some posters.

While it was highly annoying to get registered for their online service (the memorable word thing wrecked my head for a couple of hours), and i dont like the fact that you can only pay 750 pm via Debit card, there was nothing that made me want to cancel my card. I have been very happy with MBNA over the years, and im sure after these initial problems are sorted normal service will resume

Positives: Made a payment via Debit card and also a direct transfer from my current account- if anything the balance was updated swifter then it would have done with MBNA.

Received my statement by post as usual (i appreciate not everyone did)

Negatives: Recent/Pending transaction's are not working online yet, but you can always find this out via the automated phone system.

All in all i think people may be wise to hold off on switching cards, while some other institution's may offer a card, the credit limit may fall some way short of what you were used to with MBNA.

Been reading this thread since the beginning and i must say that there has been a lot of overreaction from some posters.

While it was highly annoying to get registered for their online service (the memorable word thing wrecked my head for a couple of hours), and i dont like the fact that you can only pay 750 pm via Debit card, there was nothing that made me want to cancel my card. I have been very happy with MBNA over the years, and im sure after these initial problems are sorted normal service will resume

Positives: Made a payment via Debit card and also a direct transfer from my current account- if anything the balance was updated swifter then it would have done with MBNA.

Received my statement by post as usual (i appreciate not everyone did)

Negatives: Recent/Pending transaction's are not working online yet, but you can always find this out via the automated phone system.

All in all i think people may be wise to hold off on switching cards, while some other institution's may offer a card, the credit limit may fall some way short of what you were used to with MBNA.

I take it that you have not run into IT problems.
    I registered on-line quite easily initially, but after a few days, things went South and my experience with customer support since hasn't endeared me to them.
    I found them condescending, which I find particularly irritating, as I reckon I was on-line before they were born.
    I waited for the initial hop-haw to die down, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
    What really decided me on "do I need this crapology" was when I was told that I would be contacted by a guru to help sort my particular problem out.
    Stayed in all day for this genius to call. Did he? Did he bugger!

Another fine Irish institution with a great future behind them would be my summing up of them.

• Advertisement

I got logged in ok after 3 weeks of trying every day, It doesnt show my transactions like MBNA did, It is also showing the wrong balance so I have stopped using my card just in case of a mess up.
    No new card. I only changed to MBNA because of a pigsback offer of points for every euro put on mbna card,. and of course as soon as I switched the offer was withdrawn, Pigsback said they would be replacing it with anothe offer but did they hell,. So I have been had twice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement