Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hoopshead

My mate ended up owing €10k (long story)is paying them back through MABS and got a statement last week saying his credit limit is €4k and he also got a new ac number...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I withdrew my card a few years ago and have been slowly paying it off. Becasue I don't know my expiry or CV2 code I can't register online. Absolute pain in the arse.

Saying that, I called yesterday with my card number and they had my security questions on file and were able to change my address for paper statements and because the acc no, and sort code is the same I can still pay them off.

Spoke to Catherine, sounded American, and she was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

called again today after being promised my statement would be here by Friday gone, its now 2 weeks over due.
    system cant / wont let them email it, they cant or wont fax it.
    I was ordered a replacement statement and they cant tell me when this will be out to me. only it go's into a que.

Talk about an absolute joke. Statement comes I will be heading off into the sunset to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 briankelleher

Still can't register, but can anyone tell me if my direct debit will still come out as usual? I'm fine with just the paper statements as I never use the thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Any word on the launch date for online statements?

Any photos of the actual new AvantCard which replaces the MBNA one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still can't register, but can anyone tell me if my direct debit will still come out as usual? I'm fine with just the paper statements as I never use the thing anyway.
    My DD went out as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2 briankelleher

km79 wrote: »
    My DD went out as usual
    Wicked, thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

brightkane wrote: »
    called again today after being promised my statement would be here by Friday gone, its now 2 weeks over due.
    system cant / wont let them email it, they cant or wont fax it.
    I was ordered a replacement statement and they cant tell me when this will be out to me. only it go's into a que.

Talk about an absolute joke. Statement comes I will be heading off into the sunset to someone else.

My statement arrived today, not due for payment for another 10 days. Never asked or phoned for a statement just wanted to see would it arrive. Looks identical to the mbna statement bar the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

I rang saturday and activated the mbna card I was sent last month. Got through pretty quick, got my paper statement as usual. Haven't tried use the new card yet, but I'll post if there is any problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I re-registered about 2 weeks ago and noticed my DD date was 5 days earlier than it should be. I rang them and the guy said he could see the dates of all my other payments was always the 21st of the month (or next working day), so he said he would change it and it was all fine.
    Logged on again tonight for first time since as I'd forgotten about it, and it still saying 16th!! If I ring in morning and told it hasn't been changed I will flip out with them. This is a joke of a company now!
    Applying for a new visa elsewhere as we speak/type! lol fingers crossed I get it as I do not want to be left with this shower of idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm on holidays in the US. Before coming here I called and notified them that I would be in the US, and I was told that it was now flagged on my card and I should have no issues at all.

Today, in a shop, I had my card declined. Thankfully, one of the staff was a relative, so after a few long phone calls, they were able to accept my card. :mad:

I am fuming now. :mad: Once I get up tomorrow morning, I will be phoning them. I know it is not the fault of the customer service staff, but they will be getting an ear full.

With MBNA, I never once had an issue, and I travel a lot, and buy a lot on my card. Since the change, well ... this thread is evidence enough. Time to get another credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mark C

I rang last week as i could not register online due to the fact i no longer have a card . after 11 minutes i got through to some guy that sounded indian. i explained my story saying registering requires card numbers etc. and I dont have them. He said oh you wont be able to to log in with out them?? I said I dont have them to begin with.. do you have the card he said? I said no , are you listening to me , I do not have the card physically in front of me its gone, I stil have an account with ye and i was paying off online but since the switch over i need to re register and i cant as i dont know the card details. he said you will need the card number to log on,, boiling I said THATS WHY IM RINGING YOU.... to which he said oh yes ok . he did not even know my name at this stage i had to ask if he could look up my account to see if i owed anything this month and after i gave him my name he hung up ..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Chloedancer

My bill from February was due to be paid on the 21st March. I tried to pay on 15th but couldn't get in. I got a statement with late fees which put me over my limit so I also got overlimit fee. I rang them this morning and was told it was my own fault as I didn't pay the February bill. I said that I had tried to pay but couldn't get in and the only reply I could get was the system was working fine in February. I tried to explain that the payment was due on the 21st and I had been trying to make it from the 15th and he just kept repeating that the system was working fine in February and I hadn't paid so it was my fault?
    Now the site won't let me log in again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crashu2

Hi

FYI

i contacted avant card today to get a new card and pin issued as i have not used my card in a long while and its out of date,i was told that they will not issue any new cards and once the card is gone out of date thats it and once my balance of 300 owed is cleared thats it ,i have currently a limit of 4k,the girl told me that i will have to make a new application but then states that they are not issueing any new facilities, what a joke ,just wondered was any one else aware of this situation ,once your existing card is gone out of date they will not issue new ones and once your balance is clear they will not renew without you reapplying but unbelievably they are not aacepting any new applications

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I rang just now to have the rudest staff member, who kept talking over me & when I asked for a manager as she was being so rude & talking to me like I was an idiot, telling me I was not able to change my direct debit date, even though they had changed it on me!!!
    She hung up on me as I asked her to stop talking over me & that I know when my payment date was & they changed it on me! I can't get back through now, I am fuming!!!

Edited to add that I got back through, and spoke to a VERY nice guy, who was able to help me, did everything slowly & explained what he was doing. Didn't talk over me, listened to my problem and he was able to change the DD date for me & we agreed on a different date. Unfortunately as the guy last month didn't do it correctly, it will come out on the wrong date this month (have to deal with it!), but he has sorted it now AND given me a goodwill credit back of the interest charged on the March statement! He couldn't see who I spoke to on last call for some reason (I though they record all call details on computer a/cs?), but he said she shouldn't have hung up on me etc. I wish I remembered her name, but I forgot to write down & she hung up so quick that I was so taken aback I couldn't think straight! Cheeky cow!
    hopefully this is end of it now, and hopefully I get accepted for a new card so I can LEAVE this stupid company. I do feel sorry for the staff, but they have to understand how frustrating it is for a customer to be trying to deal with an idiotic company like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

I've had to call them twice since the switchover and the blokes that I've gotten through to were both nice as pie, never on hold for more that 2 minutes. I always try and treat the CS guys with respect, ask for their name and use it a lot during the call etc. They're just people paid to do a job and it's not their fault that this changeover has not been smooth for a lot of people, that's upper management's fault.

The first issue was the week before last and I was promised a call back because they had to go off and check something and I got a call back within 10 minutes. The second time I was on to them was today about something that they were able to sort straight away. I asked today when the transactions would be avialable online and the CS rep said they hoped that functionality would be available by the end of the week. We'll see.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Paulw wrote: »
    I'm on holidays in the US. Before coming here I called and notified them that I would be in the US, and I was told that it was now flagged on my card and I should have no issues at all.

Today, in a shop, I had my card declined. Thankfully, one of the staff was a relative, so after a few long phone calls, they were able to accept my card. :mad:

I am fuming now. :mad:

I phoned this morning. Eventually got through to a nice girl, after a 10 min hold. You could tell from the sound of her voice that she was not happy and that was even before I explained my problem.

She checked my account and verified that it was marked as blocked by the fraud dept, even though it was clearly marked on my account that I would be in the US now. She had no idea why.

But, she unblocked my card and said it should be ok now.

I am still not happy. Never a single issue when it was MBNA, but now, it's nothing but problems. At this rate, they will be out of business very quickly.

Paulw wrote: »
    I phoned this morning. Eventually got through to a nice girl, after a 10 min hold. You could tell from the sound of her voice that she was not happy and that was even before I explained my problem.

She checked my account and verified that it was marked as blocked by the fraud dept, even though it was clearly marked on my account that I would be in the US now. She had no idea why.

But, she unblocked my card and said it should be ok now.

I am still not happy. Never a single issue when it was MBNA, but now, it's nothing but problems. At this rate, they will be out of business very quickly.

unfortunately that is probably what will happen after all. No business can survive running a business the way they are right now. I'm amazed at how bad it is! I hope to God I get accepted for a new card so I can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I rang just now to have the rudest staff member, who kept talking over me & when I asked for a manager as she was being so rude & talking to me like I was an idiot, telling me I was not able to change my direct debit date, even though they had changed it on me!!!
    She hung up on me as I asked her to stop talking over me & that I know when my payment date was & they changed it on me! I can't get back through now, I am fuming!!!

Edited to add that I got back through, and spoke to a VERY nice guy, who was able to help me, did everything slowly & explained what he was doing. Didn't talk over me, listened to my problem and he was able to change the DD date for me & we agreed on a different date. Unfortunately as the guy last month didn't do it correctly, it will come out on the wrong date this month (have to deal with it!), but he has sorted it now AND given me a goodwill credit back of the interest charged on the March statement! He couldn't see who I spoke to on last call for some reason (I though they record all call details on computer a/cs?), but he said she shouldn't have hung up on me etc. I wish I remembered her name, but I forgot to write down & she hung up so quick that I was so taken aback I couldn't think straight! Cheeky cow!
    hopefully this is end of it now, and hopefully I get accepted for a new card so I can LEAVE this stupid company. I do feel sorry for the staff, but they have to understand how frustrating it is for a customer to be trying to deal with an idiotic company like this!

Always record your calls yourself! Honestly tis the only way to get any form of recourse when the lie and act rudely. I had one the other day lie to me, she said she didn't so I just replayed the clip :P she was just like... ah... ah... well I ... ah...

Thraxen wrote: »
    Always record your calls yourself! Honestly tis the only way to get any form of recourse when the lie and act rudely. I had one the other day lie to me, she said she didn't so I just replayed the clip :P she was just like... ah... ah... well I ... ah...

good tip! :)

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    good tip! :)

Tis great fun when they try and lie to cover their asses. They get away with changing their stories to much. I have got into recording all my phone calls to banks, cards and anything where what they say must be accountable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭b1964

cant log into my account tonight ,is anyone else having a problem logging into there accounts.
    this company are an absolute disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Nope, just logged on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

b1964 wrote: »
    cant log into my account tonight ,is anyone else having a problem logging into there accounts.
    Same here, can't log in either.

b1964 wrote: »

Works fine for me. Try using another internet browser. I found chrome is being a right pain in the ass lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Works fine for me. Try using another internet browser. I found chrome is being a right pain in the ass lately.

works for me in Chrome 27 (Mac OS X)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Don't you need to ask someone's permission to record them?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I just registered the wife's card now without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nadalm

Does anyone know if payments via the old methods will reach new system. I made a payment from my bank account using the old MBNA details last week and still not showing on account! Will it automatically be transferred on to avant card or do I have to set up new payment details??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

nadalm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if payments via the old methods will reach new system. I made a payment from my bank account using the old MBNA details last week and still not showing on account! Will it automatically be transferred on to avant card or do I have to set up new payment details??
    The account details for Avant Card are the same as MBNA, so you're payment should go through ok. I paid via EFT a couple of weeks ago and it went through.

The lack of recent and pending transactions is beyond a joke at this stage, how long does it take to get this sorted, it's going on weeks at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement