Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

MD1990 wrote: »
    about 2 years. started doing atg squats a year ago but had to stop doing them for 6 months due to patellar tendonitis.Maintained strength well though due the Ed Coan Deadlift program & use to have a 182kg 1 rep max @ 70kg.Gettin back to that level now though.

Impressive fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

340kg leg press X10 and on a calorie deficit for the past 2 weeks. Get in.

PB is 360kg X10 and that was on a bulk so yeah, looking forward to hitting that again, going for 400 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

desultory wrote: »
    340kg leg press X10 and on a calorie deficit for the past 2 weeks. Get in.

PB is 360kg X10 and that was on a bulk so yeah, looking forward to hitting that again, going for 400 :)

Putting all those plates on and off the machine has to count as cardio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

JJayoo wrote: »
    Putting all those plates on and off the machine has to count as cardio

It's only 7 plates each side! 6X25 and 1X20!

but of course not, I never rerack my weights, don't believe in it.

joke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Did four consecutive three minute rounds in the boxing ring with three capable and fresh opponents. Didn't even get sick afterward.

Yurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Bench 5x5 @ 117.5kg @ 83.6kg

Anti achievement?

Tested my maxes at the weekend. Lost somewhere between 5-7kg in bw over the past few months and my new maxes are below-
    Squat- 152.5kg (Down from 160)
    Bench- 92.5kg (Down from 105)
    Deadlift- 190kg (Down from 200)

Also when testing my squat I attempted 162.5kg. Asked my mate to spot because it would have been a new PB (I was ambitious). Got down and could't get back up. Weight started falling forward. Figured my mate would help me then. Nope. 162.5kg over my neck and smashing on to the safety bars. My mate was behind me texting the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anti achievement?

Tested my maxes at the weekend. Lost somewhere between 5-7kg in bw over the past few months and my new maxes are below-

Also when testing my squat I attempted 162.5kg. Asked my mate to spot because it would have been a new PB (I was ambitious). Got down and could't get back up. Weight started falling forward. Figured my mate would help me then. Nope. 162.5kg over my neck and smashing on to the safety bars. My mate was behind me texting the whole time.

:mad:

2 DB Shoulder Press PBs 46x 6 and 50kg x 2

I swear in the video so maybe turn the sound off, and is it possible to mute a video?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

2 DB Shoulder Press PBs 46x 6 and 50kg x 2

I swear in the video so maybe turn the sound off, and is it possible to mute a video?

Very symmetrical. ..swore on both sides.

Nothing like a bit of cycling talk in the background to fire you up for lifting.

Nice liftin' though.

• Advertisement

Squatted 150kg last night, Another 14kg and I've finally done double bw squat which I have been chasing a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anti achievement?

I assume you are in the market for a new friend now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Talked myself into starting my squat workout just there. Next step is finishing it.

I assume you are in the market for a new friend now?

I probably should have went a bit mad alright but I just took it in stride really. Won't be looking to go the gym with him for a spot again anyway.

Hanley wrote: »
    Talked myself into starting my squat workout just there. Next step is finishing it.

Squat: 190 4x5 and 1x6
    SSB Box Squat: 135 3x6

...only took 90 minutes :/

Now for accessory work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Ant11 wrote: »
    Double BW deadlift X 3 dead stop with double overhand grip. Grip improving nicely.

X 4 this morning with a rep, maybe 2 left in the tank. Weight is a kg or 2 heavier than the last time. More carbs at the moment so weight fluctuates a bit.

Hanley wrote: »
    Squat: 190 4x5 and 1x6
    SSB Box Squat: 135 3x6

...only took 90 minutes :/

Now for accessory work.

190x6

135 x6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Squatted 200 x 3. Not a PR but always a set I feel pleased with.

didn't die!!

No benching since Feb. Did a hard 137.5kg x3.

Been doing nothing but pumpy bodybuilder style pec work and overhead strength pressing movements since then.

Got curious today. Decided to see where I was at. Smashed 135 x3 and almost got thru 140 x3. Pissed I missed it!!

Reckon with a lift off and a spotter so I could really fight, I'd have gotten it.

...oh and if I didn't do a max incline bench followed by 15 sets of chest work yesterday too.

...and the 8.5 hours of coaching on 1 meal too!!

2kgs PB. Making progress on the press is so, so difficult.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

2kgs PB. Making progress on the press is so, so difficult.

10 second grind! A long grind on the press makes me feel like I'm on the brink of passing out, no idea how you survived that!

gvn wrote: »
    10 second grind! A long grind on the press makes me feel like I'm on the brink of passing out, no idea how you survived that!

Yeah, it was rough. Just couldn't get it locked out for so long but felt obliged to keep plugging away given how close I was.

Finally hit a 140kg bench today @ 83kg bw. That was my goal for the end of summer but to hit it at the start of the summer is a great feeling.

In the past year I have added 40kg to my paused bench.

Next goal is to hit 150kg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

chriity139 wrote: »
    Finally hit a 140kg bench today @ 83kg bw. That was my goal for the end of summer but to hit it at the start of the summer is a great feeling.

In the past year I have added 40kg to my paused bench.

Next goal is to hit 150kg

Great lifting man

COH wrote: »
    Great lifting man

Im actually still smiling about it. Crazy to think lifting things can make you so happy

40 kg to your paused bench while cutting, hate you :pac:

40 kg to your paused bench while cutting, hate you :pac:
    I bulked up from 77kg to 89kg now back down to 83kg in a year :D

Hate you even more now

Hate you even more now

Think I'll just stop posting :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Squat 135kg x 1 this morning matches my previous 1RM but a much better squat overall. Well below parallel, no belt and a lot more comfortable. 140 is there I reckon but I'll just keep tipping away. 17-19kg from 2XBW now.

Advertisement