Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

stuchyg wrote: »
    well done ridley, what is the coan program. Iv been stuck at90kg bench for ages and
    Would love to increase it.

The deadlift programme or benching one?:) I'll link both when I'm on the laptop.

The smolov bench is 3 weeks long and requires you to bench 4 times a week if I remember rightly. Coan has a bench programme too bit I haven't looked into it. Imnothim will back me up in saying the Coan deadlift programme works very good.

Hanley posted another deadlift programme he uses at RevFit in a thread I started called Deadlifting Programme if you want to search for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

deadlift of 150kg today, that's 20kg a new 1rep max, bench also up to 102.5kg for 1rm @ 80kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

180 x1 squat. Finally I've got a x 2 (ish) bw squat. It felt surprisingly comfortable too, I expected to feel like my head was going to explode like some 3 rep sets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

In the gym yeaterday with a serious lack of energy but managed to squat 130kg x4 and 140kg x1 the most iv done before this was 115kg so was delighted. Also tricep press on the bench i managed 105kg on friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭rubiesarered

I got my first 60kg squat on Friday! Was pretty proud of myself considering that I went low enough to tip my butt off an upturned dumbbell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Made some ground with weighted chins again this evening. I was pretty happy considering last night was a pretty demanding chest/shoulders/tri's session.

BW (81kg) + 10kg 5 x 8*
    + 15kg 3 x 6*
    + 20kg 2 x 5*

*(Sets x reps)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Did a solid enough 185 x 1 deadlift AND I have 'the sniffles! ' probably could've pulled 190 but got greedy and jumped to 195 and failed. Still, all good!

Pulled 162.5kg deadlift x 1 this evening :D Was supposed to be x 2 but the second was glued to the floor. All the same it's a huge PR for me :)

Edit: Just posted video in my log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

75kg deadlift.

Previous PR was 55kg.

Hanley is a magician.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

75kg deadlift.

Previous PR was 55kg.

Hanley is a magician.

75x2. But no big deal.

36% increase and two reps. Take months off more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!

Got all the PBS today.

Got a PB powersnatch double at 39kg

PB Powersnatch single at 40kg

PB Clean and Jerk-54kg

PB Clean-55kg

LIFT ALL THE WEIGHTS :D:D:D ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

140kg deadlift at 76kg BW today , new PB.

managed to get 150kg 3/4 of the way up before my overhand grip gave out on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Pretty proud of this. Not a full planche by any means but making progress.
    k0wUQ2q.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It looks cool and all but wearing a hat, long pants, gloves and THEN a wife beater is hella gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Hanley wrote: »
    It looks cool and all but wearing a hat, long pants, gloves and THEN a wife beater is hella gay.

That was my second achievement of the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Set myself a new bench PR of 95kg. Knew I had it in me. Thanks goes to Hanley for the bench tekkers at his bench workshop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Benched 120kg x2 @80kg today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Set myself a new bench PR of 95kg. Knew I had it in me. Thanks goes to Hanley for the bench tekkers at his bench workshop today.

Good PR Hanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I managed a clean day after a horrible binge yesterday.....even the basics escape me sometimes!!

165kg deadlift today :D Delighted to say the least :) Also, 5 x 5 BW pull ups :)

Edited to add pull ups and what exercise the 165kg was :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

pull up record of 8 today from a previous best of 6, 10 is planned next month:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

105 kg deadlift x 2 earlier on today.

First one felt easy so I just said fck it i'll go for another. Form felt **** on second so I didn't try anymore.
    it's a PB by miles (considering i've never really tested myself deadlifting before).

Today is day 1 of not eating **** anymore, my diet is ok but i'm a demon for night time snacking, especially the sour jellies /skittles kind of snacking.( I could be back with my tail between my legs later if my wife goes to the local Tesco. )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Hanley wrote: »

Saying "hella gay" is like totes amaze balls hetero

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Saying "hella gay" is like totes amaze balls hetero

Burger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I haven't been achieving much of late but have done a triple with 100 kg in the bench for the first time, previously I could only do a single with that weight.

Bodyweight up to about 78 kg now, I attribute this to farmers walks (and eating obviously) :)

107.5 kg @ 78 kg in the bench, paused and legal. Matched my PR. Not an impressive bench but good for me, my excuse is I have arms like a monkey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

I ran 15 mins today for the first time in 5 months since I had the ACL in my right knee reconstructed. I was nervous as hell but took it easy and concentrated on my stride. I had legs like bambi coming off the treadmill though!

PR in the bench this morning - 110 kg @ 78 kg. Pleased with that.

Did this after what I think was a rep PR in the squat - 120 kg x 4, ATG paused.

170kg deadlift!! Going for more in a few minutes:D

Failed 175kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bench: 105kgx1 @ 78kg

Successful attempt after I spotter. Spotter wouldn't let me get into position despite me asking him to move and then he cradled the bar the whole way down. Had a crap set-up then and it knackered me going up. Tried again a few minutes later with a better spotter and got it. Probably harder than it should have been thanks to first effort and hopefully there is more in me.

Advertisement