Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭butthatsjustme

Squatted just above my bodyweight for 3 reps today :D
    Depending on scales I'm 55kg or 57kg, managed 57.5 today :D

Pb on 5k yesterday too, 23:37, pretty happy as I don't really run!
    (It still counts as a pb if it's only your second 5k ever right? :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Just after doing 172 x 3. That's 7 kg over my previous 3 rm. Credit where credits due, it's thanks to Hanley and the plan he posted in a deadlift progression thread a while back.
    Time you released an ebook. Maybe grow a beard too, it seems to be required when you release an ebook about strength training!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Just after doing 172 x 3. That's 7 kg over my previous 3 rm. Credit where credits due, it's thanks to Hanley and the plan he posted in a deadlift progression thread a while back.
    Time you released an ebook. Maybe grow a beard too, it seems to be required when you release an ebook about strength training!

At least my thread came in handy for someone :pac:

Well done dude, strong going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

he already has 412 ebooks from how to cook eggs to how to program your sky plus box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Well that's good. Glad to help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Hanley wrote: »
    Well that's good. Glad to help :)

Got a link to that thread? Did a search but didnt come accross it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

aaakev wrote: »
    Got a link to that thread? Did a search but didnt come accross it

Someone help this dude out... cant' remember where I posted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Cheers lads started a new thread

70kg x 6 bench press today :) pause and press so very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

70kg x 6 bench press today :) pause and press so very happy with that.

Well done, milestones on the bench always matter more than any other to me for some reason

stuchyg wrote: »
    Well done, milestones on the bench always matter more than any other to me for some reason

Thanks. It's always something I struggle with, so any minor improvement is always great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Benched 105kg last week at 82kg bodyweight. It's the heaviest I've ever benched and I'm 14kg lighter than the only other time I even got close.

I also squatted 145kgx1 3 months after recovering from a glute tear that kept me from doing any lower body work for the best part of 5 months so pretty happy with that.

Benched the 50 kg dumbells tonight, got 2 reps. Buzzin!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

aaakev wrote: »
    Benched the 50 kg dumbells tonight, got 2 reps. Buzzin!

Nice one. I did that myself for first time the other day!

3 reps after 8x35s, 8x40s, 8x45s.

Felt ok so decided to brave it. I might put it down to the TNT I started taking preworkout!

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Nice one. I did that myself for first time the other day!

3 reps after 8x35s, 8x40s, 8x45s.

Felt ok so decided to brave it. I might put it down to the TNT I started taking preworkout!
    feels great to get them up doesnt it! iv been hittin the monster pre workout for the last few weeks, its part of my syc up now on the way to the gym along with steve aokie, turbulance burstin my eardrums.... Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bench rep PR: 90kg 3x5 @ 79.5kg

Not very impressive but I'm happy with it as this was achieved after I'd shed about c.7 kg of December fat since New Years. So I've improved bench while losing weight which I can never normally managed. This was while working c. 14hours a day 5/6 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Got 140kg x 6 deadlift this morning, pretty pleased with that.

170kg x 6 deadlift last night. :)

I want that four plate deadlift so damn much....

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

152.5kg x 2 deadlift tonight :) Form was shiit but it came up.

On a much more impressive note, I'm 7 weeks into my deadlift programme and I haven't tested my PR. 100% loyal to Mr. Coans programme :pac:

Told ya'll mo-fo's I could do this:pac:

On a much more impressive note, I'm 7 weeks into my deadlift programme and I haven't tested my PR. 100% loyal to Mr. Coans programme :pac:

I'm not buying it...i know your pulling heavy singles every night brah...

whats you PB again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What was your PB at the beginning of the programme?

I'm not buying it...i know your pulling heavy singles every night brah...

whats you PB again?

Dam you caught me:( Nope, haven't even contemplated testing! I'm so knackered after my set programme to even look at a barbell again would kill me:pac:

PB was 150kg. I lifted 152.5kg twice for singles a few weeks back but tonight would be a reps PR. Videos in my log if anyone cares to watch:)

@Jayoo- My PR was 150kg before starting but when I lifted it, it was a proper grind from beginning to end.

Dam you caught me:( Nope, haven't even contemplated testing! I'm so knackered after my set programme to even look at a barbell again would kill me:pac:

PB was 150kg. I lifted 152.5kg twice for singles a few weeks back but tonight would be a reps PR. Videos in my log if anyone cares to watch:)

@Jayoo- My PR was 150kg before starting but when I lifted it, it was a proper grind from beginning to end.

Nice...you should PB nicely out of this so...stay focused and see the program out.

Nice...you should PB nicely out of this so...stay focused and see the program out.

Here's hoping:) I reckon I could pull 160 now but I'm not gonna do that. The bollocking I've gotten here finally stuck and I'm on the right track with my lifts and weight.

Think after this programme ends I'll do something for squats and then try the progression training Hanley posted in that thread in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Two snatch PB's today. 78kg and 80kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

252.5kg dead lift today. I almost pulled a double. 5 x 210kg triples too . I'm following coan's DL programme - it works

imnothim wrote: »
    252.5kg dead lift today. I almost pulled a double. 5 x 210kg triples too . I'm following coan's DL programme - it works

Dam straight it does:pac:

Bench PR for me, 85kg:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

D
    Bench PR for me, 85kg:)

Making steady progress there Ridleyrider. Cudos.

Making steady progress there Ridleyrider. Cudos.

Thanks :) great day in the gym, went for my first ever muscle up for the at the very end of my workout and got it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

well done ridley, what is the coan program. Iv been stuck at90kg bench for ages and
    Would love to increase it.

Advertisement