Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Kilboor wrote: »
    I assume you have brightness low and 3g/4g turned off? Notorious killers of batteries for Chinese phones

Yup both changed, tbh its better than the P6000 battery just thought it would be a bigger improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Yup both changed, tbh its better than the P6000 battery just thought it would be a bigger improvement.

Is battery on the P6000 really bad ? Looking at that phone on a euro warehouse site, specs look decent but what I hear about the battery issue is making me a bit hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Duiske wrote: »
    Is battery on the P6000 really bad ? Looking at that phone on a euro warehouse site, specs look decent but what I hear about the battery issue is making me a bit hesitant.

There is one for sale on adverts.ie

Like a Saturday night desperation pick up Ive had better :D Its enough for a days usage tbh, Im a heavy user so it didnt suit me.
    eamonnq wrote: »
    There is one for sale on adverts.ie

:pac:

The one in Tallaght ? Seen that and am actually considering it but would like to hear about peoples "real life" experiences with the battery. I could always ask the guy on adverts, but as a seller he's hardly going to me it's ****e. :P

• Advertisement

:pac:

Think I just twigged. :pac:

The one in Tallaght ? Seen that and am actually considering it but would like to hear about peoples "real life" experiences with the battery. I could always ask the guy on adverts, but as a seller he's hardly going to me it's ****e. :P

An adverts seller would not tell you a lie, surely.

Think I just twigged. :pac:

Yeh its me :D Im 100% honest on phones, there are better batteries out there but for more money, the screen can be a little "fingerprinty" but its the same on the P3000s, I was really hoping Lollipop was coming on OTA to sort the battery but its flash only at the moment, read over my previous posts here to get a idea of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

Just to let ye know, the Elephone p6000 is available for $119.99 on Aliexpress again. The store is called BlackPeach:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Elephone-P6000-4G-FDD-LTE-5-inch-HD-IPS-MTK6732-Quad-Core-Android-4-4/712948_32260768138.html

presuki wrote: »
    Just to let ye know, the Elephone p6000 is available for $119.99 on Aliexpress again. The store is called BlackPeach:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Elephone-P6000-4G-FDD-LTE-5-inch-HD-IPS-MTK6732-Quad-Core-Android-4-4/712948_32260768138.html

I ordered one, I'll let ye know when it arrives.

• Advertisement

I ordered one, I'll let ye know when it arrives.

You just replied to yourself :/

There is one for sale on adverts, could have saved yourself some time (and money!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Out of interest, what are you looking to sell it for dead pixels? My camera on my neo finally caved in last week so on the hunt for a new stead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Another great MT6752-er on the way, potentially - http://www.gizchina.com/2015/04/30/umi-emax-coming-may-packs-a-3780mah-battery/

Dat battery... {rubs thighs}

You just replied to yourself :/

Ya, meant to add that as an edit to the first post.

There is one for sale on adverts, could have saved yourself some time (and money!!)

Unfortunately, I'm not in Dublin

Unfortunately, I'm not in Dublin

Probably easier to get one from China so. :D

corwill wrote: »
    Another great MT6752-er on the way, potentially - http://www.gizchina.com/2015/04/30/umi-emax-coming-may-packs-a-3780mah-battery/

I got the TCL M2U , 3500mah battery. Amazingly light thought that there was no battery in it when I took it out of the box!!

I got the TCL M2U , 3500mah battery. Amazingly light thought that there was no battery in it when I took it out of the box!!

That has the same chip-set as my zopo zp999. How are you finding it? I'm pretty chuffed with the performance from mine, for the price.

That has the same chip-set as my zopo zp999. How are you finding it? I'm pretty chuffed with the performance from mine, for the price.

Only have it a couple of days, but it is very impressive so far, battery is at 54% now after getting a fair bit of use today, watched most of a football match on it earlier too so the battery seems very impressive at this stage.

Have to get a few more of them too!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You must resist. You've already bought 2 phones in the last 8 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

You must resist. You've already bought 2 phones in the last 8 months :)

I'm a pathological phone pervert and proud of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Ok so ive got a kitkat 4.4 jaiyu s3 and cant move any apps to sd card,any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi, is it possible that phone is overheating because of softwear? When I watch youtube, after 30 min touchscreen became very warm, temperatures goes to 47c. Maybe if I downgrade my android version from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2, maybe it will be lees overheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

bondja80 wrote: »
    Hi, is it possible that phone is overheating because of softwear? When I watch youtube, after 30 min touchscreen became very warm, temperatures goes to 47c. Maybe if I downgrade my android version from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2, maybe it will be lees overheating.

Yes it is, 47c isn't too bad I wouldn't think? Have you the issue with all apps or just YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

So I've had the Elephone p6000 for about a week now and figured i'd give a quick rundown on how i'm finding it.

First things first, the screen, the screen protector that comes pre-applied is horrendously bad, cheap and nasty, very fingerprint prone and super easy to scratch too. I've a 'blue light tempered glass' one on the way though for $7 so hopefully it'll sort that. Coming from a Moto G 5" i found the colours on the screen a bit less vibrant and but i got used to that fairly quickly, otherwise the screen is pretty sharp. I had a software glitch at the start that meant the screen flickered like the display driver was bad but a factory reset fixed that.

As to the ergonomics of the phone it feels very angular and the chin with it's capacitive buttons took a bit of time for me to get used to (i used have a Galaxy S3 so it wasn't just the buttons, also the square edges) but i'm pretty used to it now and i like the way it feels in hand. The build quality is for the most part excellent although there is a bit of creak on the left hand side if you squeeze, this could be cos i didn't see the notch for taking off the back of the case on day one and so may have put pressure on a bad area.

Reception wise I've had no problems, i don't have a 4g data plan so i couldn't test that but usual browsing, email etc was fine. It was also nice to have the phone rooted out of the box so i could install adblock plus etc.

The phone arrived with lollipop pre-installed and it's pretty close to stock. Some of the settings seem a bit different but I guess that's to be expected. Not too much bloat came with it and everything seems fairly snappy. The 2gb of ram is nice as i used to experience lag and redraws with the Moto G. I'm using the launcher that arrived with it but may try nova launcher later just to see what difference it would make.

Finally the battery, I don't know if i got lucky or if it's lollipop but i haven't experienced any battery woes. Drainage was similar to Moto G but i'm getting more time out of a charge on the P6000. On Thursday I unplugged the phone at 7.30 AM and on Friday at 7.30 AM it was still at 40%, at 6pm on Friday it got to 1% and this is where i noticed the only battery quirk so far, i wanted to let it run down fully so I didn't plug in the charger and at 11pm on Friday it was still at 1% even though i'd sent a few texts and received some whatsapp messages. (in terms of usage there would have been at least an hour of music each day, an hour or two of calls, plenty of texts, whatsapps and email checks, bout an hour of internet browsing and wifi and bluetooth were on until the battery saver kicked in at 15%).

Overall i'm pretty happy with the phone. For 144 euro delivered (including dpd shipping and customs insurance) I think it was good value. Time will tell just how good but as first impressions go these aren't bad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Yes it is, 47c isn't too bad I wouldn't think? Have you the issue with all apps or just YouTube
    When I use facebook, skype, antutu benchmark it's the same but less warm. And when I record video with camera, also became very warm. 47c is battery temperature, and cpu goes to 50c.
    When I run Gfx bench 30 min battery test on my thl 4400 phone, results are very bad only 450( best 500) for battery. And this benchmark is showing that thl 4400 is first place on their list with score 740 min on screen and second is lenovo p780 with 735. Don't know, why my thl 4400 scores only 450-500?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

So I've had the Elephone p6000 for about a week now and figured i'd give a quick rundown on how i'm finding it.

Thanks for that, I will receive my p6000 this week. Unfortunately I got stung by customs. Mental note to self: don't use Singpost/An post.Good to hear battery wasn't an issue.

What I want to ask: did you root the phone? And is there a Cyanogenmod Rom around?

I am trying to get fine-grained control over permissions and apparently Cyanogenmod can give me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

There must be a lot of boardies out there with kitkat 4.4,has anyone managed to move apps to the sd card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement