Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

bondja80 wrote: »
    Hi did sombody own any zopo phone? how is quality and do they have long life? Most of the chinnese phones wich I owned, became faulty after 2-5 months.

I had a Zopo ZP100,no issues with it from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

How would that make the Mic work?

As the poster above said it may be a software issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

bondja80 wrote: »
    Hi did sombody own any zopo phone? how is quality and do they have long life? Most of the chinnese phones wich I owned, became faulty after 2-5 months.

I have a ZP999 since January, so far so good.

My P3000s will arrive to day the 6000 is on adverts hopefully I dont get silly offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    I am sure some kind soul on adverts will take it off your hands for 50euro!! (or swap you it for a tin of beans and a half-eaten Mars bar).
    My P3000s will arrive to day the 6000 is on adverts hopefully I dont get silly offers.

Just have to get a tin of beans, I have a half-eaten Mars bar here somewhere!!:D

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Just have to get a tin of beans, I have a half-eaten Mars bar here somewhere!!:D

Im sure ill get the I can get it cheaper online and ill have to explain taxes and delivery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Im sure ill get the I can get it cheaper online and ill have to explain taxes and delivery :rolleyes:

and that is for a brand new one and your one is second-hand!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

Yeah, they were the cheapest that i could find last week that were selling it at $119

Sorry for the n00b question & I'm sure others could answer this too, but I assume this was from China, do phones get stopped by customs, how long do they take to clear & how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

presuki wrote: »
    Sorry for the n00b question & I'm sure others could answer this too, but I assume this was from China, do phones get stopped by customs, how long do they take to clear & how much?

Commonly stopped by customs, all mine have been (7 in total)

Takes 2-3 days, if not less

23% +€6 with an Post, 23%+€15 for DHL

The expectation of justification on there is irritating. If you don't like the price, don't buy it!

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    The expectation of justification on there is irritating. If you don't like the price, don't buy it!

I have a high price because I expect offers, but yeh someone will offer half the price and try justify it.

I have a high price because I expect offers, but yeh someone will offer half the price and try justify it.

It's when you decline an offer like that and they have a tantrum with you that gets to me.

Damn got stung for 30 by customs

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Any recommendations for a bricks and mortar repair shop for a Jiayu G4s around dublin? Fell out of my pocket today, no visible signs of any damage and still working fine. But went to charge it just there and nothing, no red led charge light or any charge indications on the screen.
    Tried a few different usb cables and chargers as well but nothing. Thinking maybe the fall has damaged the charging point internally :(

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a bricks and mortar repair shop for a Jiayu G4s around dublin? Fell out of my pocket today, no visible signs of any damage and still working fine. But went to charge it just there and nothing, no red led charge light or any charge indications on the screen.
    Tried a few different usb cables and chargers as well but nothing. Thinking maybe the fall has damaged the charging point internally :(

Anywhere near Tallaght? Theres a shop beside Meteor on the 2nd floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anywhere near Tallaght? Theres a shop beside Meteor on the 2nd floor.

Something more northside would suit better but I work all over so could be out that direction soon.

Good god the battery is draining like mad on this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

I just received my Thl 4400 today. Phone has arrived in 7 days from Germany with dhl. Phone is ok, first downside is that charger is overheating during the phone charging. And it tooks 6 and half hours to charge from 0% to 100%.
    Is that normal? I hope that charger will not explode :)
    I did not make any phone tests. Good thing is that it cames with android 4.4.2, and it was advertised that is only 4.2.2.
    I will write later about phone and 4400 mah battery performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you calibrated the battery? Seems like a strange issue.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Have you calibrated the battery? Seems like a strange issue.

Calibrated it there, prob needs a few charges, jaysus this has really put me off Elephone now, next phone will be a decent snapdragon processor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Calibrated it there, prob needs a few charges, jaysus this has really put me off Elephone now, next phone will be a decent snapdragon processor.

Hopefully that's all it is. On spec and price bracket I have had my eye on the P3000s (maybe even the P7000s). Fingers crossed it gets better for you pal - if not ill be reconsidering what to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

does it do any harm though? you said it drains really fast for 10% then normal drainage?

Doesn't sound like a major problem to me, wouldn't put me off buying.

RossieMan wrote: »
    does it do any harm though? you said it drains really fast for 10% then normal drainage?

Doesn't sound like a major problem to me, wouldn't put me off buying.

That was the P6000, so far today its looking good, I think the standby drainage is good but drops heavy with usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

ELynch96 wrote: »
    I have a 3 week old xiaomi mi3 for sale if anybody is interested pm for more details

Still have this phone?

Some dude is getting a free Xiaomi mi3 on adverts because the sim tray is damaged or something! Jaysus it probably doesnt cost much to repair, and I wouldnt mind but Ive seen the guy on adverts a lot hes just going to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Some dude is getting a free Xiaomi mi3 on adverts because the sim tray is damaged or something! Jaysus it probably doesnt cost much to repair, and I wouldnt mind but Ive seen the guy on adverts a lot hes just going to sell it.

Mine was €70 to repair for anyone who wants to snap that up, it's a brilliant phone.

Mine was €70 to repair for anyone who wants to snap that up, it's a brilliant phone.

Its agreed already dammit too late :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

PostNL says my item has been processed in the country of destination and it hasn't moved in six days. Died this mean it's with customs and I might never see it or does PostNL just not get tracking info once it gets to France?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

PostNL says my item has been processed in the country of destination and it hasn't moved in six days. Died this mean it's with customs and I might never see it or does PostNL just not get tracking info once it gets to France?

You should receive a letter informing you that it has been confiscated, and you will then need to send them proof of purchase to work out customs charge. I think mine stalled in customs for about 7 days before I got the letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Good god the battery is draining like mad on this too!

I assume you have brightness low and 3g/4g turned off? Notorious killers of batteries for Chinese phones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement