Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

horse7 wrote: »
    Thanks,but have you a kitkat phone and used links2sd,because apparently you can't move apps with kitkat?

Yup the one I use now has it, maybe you need a custom rom?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Terrible to think that he can't even get a response in the prison forum either, might be better not posting on here though in case we all get in trouble with the mods and end up in prison beside him.
    I would be more concerned that they would nuke this thread too :eek:
    Might be better not posting at all then.

That would be me done with boards then, I know its tough running a site but at times they over react to stupid little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The thread used to have lots of people posting about phones and the experiences that they had with various vendors. So it used to be fairly useful for deciding on a phone and a seller. This seems to have stopped completely and there are precious few posting anything useful, when someone (newish to the thread particularly) posts a load of stuff about one particular vendor it raises suspicions, so you can either ignore their postings or ask them a few simple questions in order to clarify things. But this can then mean you spend your time doing this and you come across as a bit of a pleb for doing it sometimes.

More people posting their experiences with phones and vendors would help the thread, and if a shill comes along he would probably be lost in the noise in the thread anyway.

but for now I am going back to tracking my new phone on the DHL website and hitting F5 every 2 mins.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Cyanogenmod 11 released for Umi Zero this morning but still appears to be buggy.

Elephone P7000 flash sale for 160 dollars is tomorrow.

Im still just hoping those G4s renders from 3weeks ago with the 4.7" screen are true

Elephone P7000 flash sale for 160 dollars is tomorrow.

Where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

*waits for Elephone p3000s* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

*waits for Elephone p3000s* :pac:

Did you order the 2gb or 3gb model?

Did you order the 2gb or 3gb model?

2GB was tempted by the 3 but I have a hefty month of birthdays etc so money is tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

A lot of us were getting PMs recently from Gearb3st and a load of others asking us to shill. I started this thread so they obviously thought I was some kind of phone guru and I had new pms every day asking me to push various affiliates. It was funny because the sites were obviously poaching each others staff because I was getting pms from them telling me to ignore everything they'd sent me because they dont work there anymore and push this website instead. I never posted anything for them as I didn't want this account banned but I did string them along a bit for free stuff.

I got a free smart watch from them which is pretty useless, not Android so pretty much just a dumb phone shrunk down to watch size with a touchscreen and a useless Chinese browser and the most Godawful 320x240 camera Ive ever seen, it'll do as a backup while I wait for a new phone to arrive if anything happens to my current one. I got a Xaiomi fitness band, also useless, got a THL 5000T 5.0 inch phone that I gave to my mother, she said it was too big and wouldn't use it but now she loves it and never stops praising it, got hit for €26 customs on that though but still a good deal.

The thing I like best is a really nice toolkit for opening phones and messing with electronics that came one day, balsa wood box and really nice bitsets, blades, levers, magnifying glasses etc, it was worth doing just for that, wont post any links as I dont want to get banned. Havent heard from them in weeks though, I suppose they just realised Ireland is too small a market...

2GB was tempted by the 3 but I have a hefty month of birthdays etc so money is tight.

It is the thought that counts, keep your money and get yourself a nice phone to show off at all the birthday parties!!! :D

Thargor wrote: »
    A lot of us were getting PMs recently from Gearb3st and a load of others asking us to shill.

Very disappointing, I only ever got one !!

It is the thought that counts, keep your money and get yourself a nice phone to show off at all the birthday parties!!! :D

Its drinking money........:P
    Very disappointing, I only ever got one !!

Me too, fecker was banned before I could claim my free stuff :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Am I reading it right that you preorder, pay for a P7000 at $229 and try buy at the presale event at $159 and if you're lucky you get the 229 back? If not you just pay the 229?

Just received my P6000, came with lollipop pre installed so I'm happy about that. Am somewhat less happy that when i was messing around with it there were some screen glitches for a second but they haven't repeated so far.

The phone feels great in hand, I was suprised how it was bigger than my moto g 5". The screen is nice, colours not as vibrant as the moto g and as Iseedeadpixels has said it looks to be a fingerprint magnet when off. I'm wondering if that is down to the screen protector that came pre installed though, the spare one also looks cheap. I was planning on getting the tempered glass one anyhow so not bothered and when on it all looks fine.

It will take a bit of time getting used to having actual buttons again and stuff but i'm looking forward to playing around with it some more.

Just received my P6000, came with lollipop pre installed so I'm happy about that. Am somewhat less happy that when i was messing around with it there were some screen glitches for a second but they haven't repeated so far.

The phone feels great in hand, I was suprised how it was bigger than my moto g 5". The screen is nice, colours not as vibrant as the moto g and as Iseedeadpixels has said it looks to be a fingerprint magnet when off. I'm wondering if that is down to the screen protector that came pre installed though, the spare one also looks cheap. I was planning on getting the tempered glass one anyhow so not bothered and when on it all looks fine.

It will take a bit of time getting used to having actual buttons again and stuff but i'm looking forward to playing around with it some more.

Did you buy if from Pandawilll ?

Yeah, they were the cheapest that i could find last week that were selling it at $119

Yeah, they were the cheapest that i could find last week that were selling it at $119

Yep, good price and seems to have arrived fairly promptly too.

• Advertisement

Who'd want that? Besides developers developing apps for both devices and even then probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Who'd want that? Besides developers developing apps for both devices and even then probably not.

I actually like the sound of it from a gadget point of view, always nice to have the option :)

Me for one.

Why? Android one day, Windows the next? Seriously don't see any point to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Me for one.

Me too

Best of both worlds

Ever better if Dual Sim & Dual Boot

Windows for work / Android for play for example

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I got the Umi zero today.

Very disapointed. It looks like the little plastic lens over the flashlight is missing. And when I make a phonecall, the recepient can't hear me!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi did sombody own any zopo phone? how is quality and do they have long life? Most of the chinnese phones wich I owned, became faulty after 2-5 months.

I got the Umi zero today.

Very disapointed. It looks like the little plastic lens over the flashlight is missing. And when I make a phonecall, the recepient can't hear me!

Flash a new rom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Flash a new rom.

How would that make the Mic work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How would that make the Mic work?

If its a software issue instead of a hardware one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement