Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Wcool wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I will receive my p6000 this week. Unfortunately I got stung by customs. Mental note to self: don't use Singpost/An post.Good to hear battery wasn't an issue.

What I want to ask: did you root the phone? And is there a Cyanogenmod Rom around?

I am trying to get fine-grained control over permissions and apparently Cyanogenmod can give me that.

An Post is your best chance of dodging customs.

If its a KK ROM, use the Davlik runtime and install Xposed Framework, then install XPrivacy through Xposed. Complete control over permissions without searching for a ROM.

horse7 wrote: »
    There must be a lot of boardies out there with kitkat 4.4,has anyone managed to move apps to the sd card?

Most people don't need to. There's an app to increase your internal app partition, I've forgotten the name, but google for it. I think I've mentioned it in this thread if you were arsed to look back at my posts here

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

An Post is your best chance of dodging customs.

If its a KK ROM, use the Davlik runtime and install Xposed Framework, then install XPrivacy through Xposed. Complete control over permissions without searching for a ROM.

I think it comes with Lollipop. Sofar only hongkong post has never had any duty, but it might be due to the value of the packages (around 30 euro)

I think it comes with Lollipop. Sofar only hongkong post has never had any duty, but it might be due to the value of the packages (around 30 euro)

There's a way to install Xposed on Lollipop but its awkward, didn't work for me either. Google "Xposed Lollipop" and try it anyways, handier than a new ROM imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What I want to ask: did you root the phone? And is there a Cyanogenmod Rom around?
    It was rooted out if the box (had to install SuperSU myself tho) and there is an unofficial cyanogen ROM but I think its pretty buggy, suppposeldy a flyme os ROM too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

There must be a lot of boardies out there with kitkat 4.4,has anyone managed to move apps to the sd card?

Links2sd

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

[QUOTE=corwill;95313855
    Dat battery... {rubs thighs}[/QUOTE]

id be wary of them, all sound amazing on paper but thats the attraction i suppose. They can lie through their teeth.
    this guy took apart the umi zero - 'youtube- umi zero tear down' - no2Ghz processor just a 1.6 if they can lie about this.....
    others tested the battery and said was nowhere near the advertised spec. Fairly annoying i wanted to believe them, their phones definitely look the business

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Tried to order ONE elephone 6000 from aliexpress, keep on getting message - "cannot order more than 1, please adjust quantity". :mad:

But I'm only ordering one! :(

Any ideas? Price seems good, don't want to miss out. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

marrm wrote: »
    Tried to order ONE elephone 6000 from aliexpress, keep on getting message - "cannot order more than 1, please adjust quantity". :mad:

Post a link to the seller and phone.

That phone is available at a lot of places for around the same price ( 110usd - 119usd ). If it is cheaper than that, be wary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

If it's the link I posted (BlackPeach) it may be sold out, they mentioned a limit of 1000. Maybe try another browser/device when ordering, could be an issue with the form on a certain browser.

• Advertisement

Buy mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Links2sd
    Thanks isee,does it work with kitkat?

Thanks isee,does it work with kitkat?

Yeh it does for me.

="Iseedeadpixels;95337191"]Yeh it does for me.[/quote]

Not working for me, is your rooted?

="Iseedeadpixels;95337191"]Yeh it does for me.

Not working for me, is your rooted?[/quote]

It has to be rooted.

Cheers,have tried to use framaroot but tablet blocks me from installing superuser. What did you use for rooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why not flash superuser in your recovery? Always the easiest way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Anyone know where or if there is a good strong cover for the elophone p6000?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why not flash superuser in your recovery? Always the easiest way.

Thanks,can you recommend a utube on how to do this,if you can't thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i'm not sure why you need a youtube video. http://androidsu.com/superuser/

Just follow this. its very simple, i'm sure there are youtube videos out there if you search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

bondja80 wrote: »
    Hi, can you tell me yours expirience with pandawill.com and their Import Tax & VAT Insurance? Do they return as much money as the customs duties paid?
    Also they claim, that they have repair service in Spain. So you don't need to return faulty phone to China.
    http://www.pandawill.com

I bought a phone from Pandawill last July and managed to avoid import tax. Was very pleased with my phone until one day it completely bricked when charging. After a lot of emailing I was told that only way to have it repaired was to return to Pandawill in China. I paid extra for recorded delivery - just as well (I thought) as they denied receipt until 3 weeks after it arrived. Next they said it was scratched (it was pristine when I packaged it) but they agreed it needed repair and said it would take a few weeks. That was over 3 months ago - they now dont respond to my emails. I checked out a couple of websites and discovered several others had the exact same experience i.e. phones sent back for repair, claims that they were damaged on receipt and then never returned / communication ceased. At least with sites like Bangood and AliExpress you have some hope of getting money back or having disputes resolved.

TLDR: buy from Pandawill only if you're prepared to bin your phone when it fails a few weeks later ..... and don't waste your money paying for postage to send it back for repair.

Elephone p6000 sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Is the Elephone P3000s following it out of the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Funny, I just bought one last night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just got it in bricks and mortar shop.
    Having the Huawei Ascend G7 for a few weeks now I have to say its a great phone for the money

abarkie wrote: »
    Is the Elephone P3000s following it out of the door?

Nah the battery has improved but ill be getting a oneplus one when I save a bit :)

smilerf wrote: »
    Just got it in bricks and mortar shop.
    Having the Huawei Ascend G7 for a few weeks now I have to say its a great phone for the money

Hows the battery on the Huawei?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Nah the battery has improved but ill be getting a oneplus one when I save a bit :)

Not the oneplustwo?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hows the battery on the Huawei?
    ye its great im getting 2 days with heavy use

• Advertisement

Not the oneplustwo?:pac:

Im not that rich
    smilerf wrote: »
    ye its great im getting 2 days with heavy use

Cheers man might look into that:)

This discussion has been closed.