Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beards yes or no?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I never really used to have any feelings on beards, one way or the other. None of the guys I was with in the past ever had one.

My boyfriend has one, though, and I absolutely love it. It's all sexy and manly and rugged and really suits him. And it's all soft and snuggly too. :o
    seenitall wrote: »
    Oh dunno, I can think of a few scenarios where a wash isn't usually on the agenda; such as quick lunch, crumbs or whatever stuck in, I'm sure not many men wash their beards after lunch...

I have never seen food or crumbs stuck in my boyfriend's beard! Or in anyone other man's beard, for that matter ... that's just gross! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    It's interesting. Knowing that a decent proportion of the population hate them, does it go through the minds of men that they could possibly repel the woman of their dreams or do they (you!) care?

Couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my beard or the rest of my appearance for that matter. I make an effort to look how I want to look and that's good enough for me. Ya can't please everyone.

And the woman of my dreams loves beards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my beard or the rest of my appearance for that matter. I make an effort to look how I want to look and that's good enough for me. Ya can't please everyone.

And the woman of my dreams loves beards.

Good for you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I love stubble. Cleanly shaved does nothing for me. Stubble and then verging on a beard. I love love love stubble rash. Everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH I'd say it's simply a cultural/fashion thing.

Definitely agree with this. My paternal grandfather had a Clark Gable moustache for most of his adulthood, very rare to see one these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I love beards!!! I love all kinds of facial hair to be honest, it makes a man seem even more manly :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Some men can pull it off and some men can't. Still, I much prefer a clean shaven man. Stubble burns and peeling skin for days after is just not worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

If its kept tidy and neat i love them.. Big bushy beards are a no go for me. Moustaches are the devil IMO. Hate them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yes! Beards all the way! I wish I were a man just so I could have one :D I loooooooooove beards. <3

That said, two of my exes were both clean-shaven. They grew beards afterwards, and it didn't suit either of them. It really depends on the man's face, and the style of facial hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I always thought a grey moustache always made an older man look distinguished. Give me 20 years and I'll report back...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It really depends on the man's face, and the style of facial hair.

This is definitely true. Facial hair suits manly, rugged men such as Hugh Jackman. Even Tom Selleck is a bit of a babe with his moustache. But I think some men grow beards to mask a weak chin/jaw, and I find that unattractive. Also, kissing a bearded face does nothing for me whatsoever.

My boyfriend is usually clean-shaven or a bit stubbly, and that's fine by me. A beard wouldn't suit him, it would just hide his handsome features :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Some men can pull it off and some men can't. Still, I much prefer a clean shaven man. Stubble burns and peeling skin for days after is just not worth it for me.

Not all men's beards do though. I was seeing a guy for a few months before moving here whose beard was very rough. I'd a massive cut on my chin for the duration of our time together and it started to get all infected and scabby :eek: (don't worry, the fling ended soon after) That was a first. Most men's beards aren't so hostile to a lady with such a delicate, ladylike chin like myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Definitely a nay from me, hate beards (sorry Wibbs, I'll run from the banhammer as soon as I post!)

Do nothing for me, don't mind a bit of stubble but I hate the look of beards.

/bolts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, love beards.

Not so much stubble that hurts my face, but sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I love beards, any kind of facial hair on a man makes him instantly more attractive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not a fan of it at all, personally.

My husband tells me that if he can manage it he will go for the full on long white beard and long white hair look like a white wizard in Lord of the Rings when he is an old man. Probably more of the Christopher Lee than Ian McKellen look. Unfortunately the receding hairline might prevent the full flowing locks for this one, but if he can pull it off, Im right behind him (with the hair straighteners!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My husband tells me that if he can manage it he will go for the full on long white beard and long white hair look like a white wizard in Lord of the Rings when he is an old man. Probably more of the Christopher Lee than Ian McKellen look. Unfortunately the receding hairline might prevent the full flowing locks for this one, but if he can pull it off, Im right behind him (with the hair straighteners!!).

That sounds awesome!

My boyfriend could go without shaving for weeks and still only have a very slight bit of hair on his face so sadly, I'd say beards are out of the question for him.

I've certainly never wrote anyone off before speaking to them just because they had a beard.

Lots of my friends have beards and they seem to have no problem getting ladies, maybe it's the whole "bad boy" image?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

only yes in a tickly, cuddly sense for me - my father has always had a beard so it'd be a bit too Freudian otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

stubble on a dark haired man with dark eyes... sooo damn hot!
    love stubble!
    not so mad on full on beards but then again on a recent night out fancied the pants of a guy with a beard. Are beards that common anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I don't mind them. I think they can really suit some men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I can't really grow much of a beard. More of a goatee/stubble. Not a bad looking guy but I'd love to be able to grow a Hugh Jackman beard. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It really depends on the man, and the style of beard! Some men really suit beards, some beards are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I love that rustic look where the beard is just gone from being stubble... whooo!

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Stupid looking beard.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE Keanu's beard!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wouldn't even class it as a beard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

seenitall wrote: »
    Oh dunno, I can think of a few scenarios where a wash isn't usually on the agenda; such as quick lunch, crumbs or whatever stuck in, I'm sure not many men wash their beards after lunch...:D
    Ah, it can be brushed out. Unless I'm eating icecream; icecream goes all over my beard :P

In saying that, when one of the lads that I know shaved his beard off, his words were "stealer of dinners gone forever" :D

I suppose it comes down to; does the dude use conditioner on his beard or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Love them!!! not necessarily a big long scruffy one, but anything from a bit of stubble onwards is very attractive to me. On most blokes. there are some lads that it just doesn't suit!!

Advertisement