Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beards yes or no?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Glad to hear that sweets...have a nice beard myself but has to confess to some complaints from lady friends about a little rash ...."down there".

Skin a bit too delicate if you ask me....whats a man to do...??

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Really not a fan tbh, I'd rather avoid the scratchiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Nooooooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

My husband varies from the type of beard in the image you posted to a much tighter more "sculpted" look (not quite Rylan but going in that direction). I prefer when its a bit more like the Hugh Jackman one as its softer on me! Occasionally he goes all caveman and doesnt shave for ages (2 weeks or so) and begins to look a bit Jack Black like - its a fine line really on whats good and whats not so good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I kind of only like men when they have facial hair or at least that's been my track record. One of my students who doesn't normally wear a beard came in today with a beard (he's a fella in his 50s ffs) and I caught myself flirting with him and laughing at his crap jokes. I don't what came over me. I hate it when my boyfriend shaves (although he's lovely without it too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

I'm not the biggest fan of full-on beards, but they really suit some men. I prefer a decent amount of stubble; somewhere between Hugh Jackman and clean shaven. That is, as long as none of it's rubbing against my sensitive areas when it's in the sandpapery stage of growth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I like facial hair for the most part. Full-on, homeless style beard, not so much, but then it probably depends on the face too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Glad to hear that sweets...have a nice beard myself but has to confess to some complaints from lady friends about a little rash ...."down there".

Skin a bit too delicate if you ask me....whats a man to do...??

IME, getting head from a guy with facial hair is just divine

*happy memories*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well maintained, nicely groomed beard = swoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Nah, not so much.

I like a good five o'clock shadow though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

Stubble = fine (I don't even mind the scratchiness for some reason, um, it can be a nice sensation at times :))

Full beard = no, doesn't do it for me. It can complicate hygene and is aesthetically just not very pleasing, hides a man's face, makes him look older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

This post has been deleted.

A thousand times yes :D

Although beards aren't a must for me, they can look extremely hot on certain men though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

From a man's point of view ..I must ay my experience is that women like the masculinity of a beard.

I once had a girlfriend who would insist on me rubbing her belly with my beard prior to making love.

Really turned her on .....an me too !;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I love beards! My guy is like Username123's- he varies between Hugh Jackman or as short as a tidy goatee. It is completely hot.
    I tend to be attracted to men with facial hair- it just makes a man more masculine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Nah, I've tried to grow a beard but it just comes in all patchy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mod with beard. Bannings may occur for some replies...(the OP and some others are immune for life, but one of my fellow mods is on thin ice) :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Yes yes yes! Mind you, I spent a good stint of my twenties living in a ski-town in Canada, and now live in rural New Zealand, where Men are Men, and facial hair is pretty much de rigueur. Mmm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My beard love is approaching a fetish. I don't mind clean shaven, but I do find myself brushing my fingers against the grain for the stubble feeling on my fingertips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Wibbs wrote: »
    Mod with beard. Bannings may occur for some replies...(the OP and some others are immune for life, but one of my fellow mods is on thin ice) :D
    sam34 wrote: »
    IME, getting head from a guy with facial hair is just divine

*happy memories*

I'm one of the good ones, yeah?

ps,you free this weekend?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My ex had a full beard. Used to be picking bits of it out of my teeth whenever we kissed. *wrinkles nose* I prefer scruff and a light beard but nothing worse than Jack Black style.

Also, relevent! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I've had a beard pretty much all my adult life, the only complaint I've had were when I shaved because

A) the girl felt weird because I look so young without facial hair
    B) when I shave my stubble is the equivalent of stepping on lego for your face.

A proper beard is soft not stubbly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My beard love is approaching a fetish. I don't mind clean shaven, but I do find myself brushing my fingers against the grain for the stubble feeling on my fingertips.

I thought I was the only one who did this... Love beards, the fuller the better. I'm afraid a "styled" beard is a boner-killer for me though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I have a beard because:

a) It's awesome and I like how I look with one.

b) I hate shaving

c) Girlfriend loves it.

Everybody wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

ElleEm wrote: »
    I love beards! My guy is like Username123's- he varies between Hugh Jackman or as short as a tidy goatee. It is completely hot.
    I tend to be attracted to men with facial hair- it just makes a man more masculine to me.

Thank you, goatee was the word I couldnt remember!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

I like the unshaven look but not really a beard... I wouldn't imagine it's the most hygienic.

The unshaven look can hurt a little though... bit of a sandpaper feel to it so not good in delicate areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Beards are great! Most blokes I've been with have been beardies, I've always liked them. It is important that they're kept clean, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I love a good beard.... never thought I'd be the beard loving type but my past few love interests have been beardy men. Homina homina.

Actually, when I met my boyfriend he had just finished really intense college exams and had no time/wasn't arsed to shave before him and his friends went out. He normally didn't have a beard but I'm glad he chose to be lazy that night as it was what really attracted me to him... and now he's not allowed get rid of it :)

One time he had a job interview and had to shave for it. He looked like a fetus. Give me a rugged, bearded manly man any day! Mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Damn yiz all I was going to clean shave today for the first time in about three year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

beards no. a bit of stubble i don't mind but a long beard , no. I always find a beard makes a man look a lot older than he actually is . Gimme a clean shaven smooth face man anyday :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

One time he had a job interview and had to shave for it. He looked like a fetus. Give me a rugged, bearded manly man any day! Mmmmmm

I really shouldn't read boards when I'm in work, I just cracked up at that remark!

I've never actually been with a beardy fella. My face gets ripped to shreds when my boyfriend has stubble, but I believe that when the hair gets a bit longer it's not as bad. Hugh Jackman definitely looks better with the beard though!

Advertisement