Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Teenage Mutant Negasonic
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paul68

I watched that honest trailer last night, absolutely brilliant stuff, looking forward to the next deadpool movie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gotta say i love the ad campaign for the DVD release.

theyre keeping up the "love story" angle mixing in some meatloaf music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Was in Dundrum today, not a single copy in either Tesco or HMV. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

gotta say i love the ad campaign for the DVD release.

theyre keeping up the "love story" angle mixing in some meatloaf music.

Its working too because i find myself randomly singing id do anything for love ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,073 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

e_e wrote: »
    Was in Dundrum today, not a single copy in either Tesco or HMV. :confused:

I ended up ordering it from Sky - 17e, always on the box (pretty useless) but they post the dvd out and it is to land on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Wouldn't mind but I was in a Golden Discs last Friday, saw the blu-ray and thought "nah I'll pick it up soon. It'll be everywhere." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got this lovely thing from zavvi

13413721_550016548514747_78881173481546150_n.jpg?oh=e9e2c80b3d671b60d0c5c231a8600a96&oe=57E207A3

Must say, I liked this movie a lot more the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, still can't get the Deadpool soundtrack out of my head....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It Hurts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What are the deleted scenes like?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Fysh wrote: »
    What are the deleted scenes like?

There are a couple regarding a change in the script regarding a longer timeline.
    The longest involves Wade and Vanessa
    at a cancer clinic in Mexico

The others are extended scenes that were cut. Some good jokes all the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just watched it, ****ing hilarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Deadpool was recently nominated for a Clios Key Art Award, which probably doesn't mean much to anyone outside of the movie industry. For fans of Deadpool, it does mean that we get a little more new action from the Merc With a Mouth and a great breakdown of how 20th Century Fox and the team behind Deadpool were able to so successfully market the movie. Be warned, the video is very NSFW, as it very well should be.

The video has been pulled by Fox from YouTube but it's still up here and is definitely worth a watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Two Golden Globe nominations for Ryan and the film

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Two Golden Globe nominations for Ryan and the film

Im delighted. Personally this was my film of the year(and I honestly expected to hate it).

I assume the above is a pisstake. 2016 has killed my sarcasm meter

*Edit* I should have quoted the post I was referring to. Ninja deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 11 midg234

thanks for that. i hadn't seen that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tunguska wrote: »
    Im delighted. Personally this was my film of the year(and I honestly expected to hate it).

Could it sneak into the best picture race at Oscars, would it be the first comic book film if it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You can't really give out about deadpool breaking the fourth wall when it's a major part of his shtick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Started watching it last week. Turned it off midway.. absolute rubbish.…using other words would have required lots of symbols replacing letters !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Fantastic movie. Reynolds was superb. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭techdiver

Whilst I enjoyed the movie, it has to be the most over rated movie in quite some time.

It's a decent movie, but the level of gushing over it is confusing imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Boring, by the numbers Superhero fare which relies almost completely on it's heavy use of meta humour and 4th wall breaks .

The script is like something written by a couple of snickering 12 year olds. To be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Boring, by the numbers Superhero fare which relies almost completely on it's heavy use of meta humour and 4th wall breaks .

The script is like something written by a couple of snickering 12 year olds. To be avoided.

I'm assuming your not a deadpool comic fan? (not that you should have to be)

Tefral wrote: »

Nope, went in cold.

Tefral wrote: »

You should at least familiarise yourself with the source material before you slate it though.
    It is tonally linked to the source and, for fans of that, it hits the sweet spot for the main

It's like a criticism I heard from a person after Rouge Squadron "FFS it has talking fish people!" or course it fecking does, it is Star Wars!

• Advertisement

You should at least familiarise yourself with the source material before you slate it though.
    It is tonally linked to the source and, for fans of that, it hits the sweet spot for the main

It's like a criticism I heard from a person after Rouge Squadron "FFS it has talking fish people!" or course it fecking does, it is Star Wars!

Do i have to read Henry Hill's book before i can give an opinion on Goodfellas?

If the source material is anything like the film i think i'll pass.

Advertisement