Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Went at the weekend, really enjoyed it.

Knew nothing about the character. Not a huge super hero fan (was previously but got bored with 6 films a year). Didn't even really want to go but glad I did now.

Some genuinely hilarious set pieces. Decent characters. Oh and the action was pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

'Twas grand. Few minor gripes now ups have made for some more memorable action scenes if Deadpool really put his body in the line because of his regen abilities rather than just being deadly with the sword and acrobatics and all.
    Kinda like the bit where he did that thing with his hand.
    Looking forward to seeing the guy who was mentioned will be showing up in the sequel.

Be nice to see a Deadpool cameo in the next wolverine movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Was thinking the same.

I'm sure Fox are surprised with the reaction and more so with the money its made, so they might try to sneak him into another film before Deadpool 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The could spend their one allowed f bomb on him too.

e_e wrote: »

Have Wolverine about to say "f*ck" and just at this point have deadpool stick his head in screen and whisper it and say "say it now Logan"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

How would fitting deadpool into a pg movie work? Would it not just be a really watered down version that barely resembles deadpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

According to posters on the Box Office Forums, Deadpool is the highest grossing superhero movie of all time in some country's. In one weekend it managed to outgross Avengers, Dark Knight, Xmens etc entire gross.

Is this a mega backlash against forced PG13 we're seeing?
    It's like the movie going public realise that this is the only shot at adult themed super flicks we would get

So Stephen Lang actively wants to be Cable? Fine by me!!

e_e wrote: »
    sonic85 wrote: »
    How would fitting deadpool into a pg movie work? Would it not just be a really watered down version that barely resembles deadpool?

Forgot about that restriction. Have him in it but only in the unrated extended home release. I'm sure Deadpool could have some fun fourth walking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about whether I'll go to see this. Someone said if I didn't enjoy Kingsman (which I didn't really) I won't like this one.

However I did enjoy Zombieland a lot so maybe I'll give it a look.

Look if you watched and enjoyed the Red band trailers you will enjoy it, if they didn't float your boat then give it a miss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Look if you watched and enjoyed the Red band trailers you will enjoy it, if they didn't float your boat then give it a miss!

Boat is still moored to the pier. It is neither sunk nor floated.

Hard to tell if it's just the edit of the trailer that irks me or the character. I guess I'll just have to watch it to find out!

Boat is still moored to the pier. It is neither sunk nor floated.

Hard to tell if it's just the edit of the trailer that irks me or the character. I guess I'll just have to watch it to find out!

Both are quite true to the film to be honest

Both are quite true to the film to be honest

Might not be for me so!

I think he might be one of those characters I'd enjoy in a comic but hard to warm to them on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I never read the comic, but I saw this today and loved it. At the end of the movie I stayed to watch the end credits, the cartoon bit. The lights came on and the cleaner's came in so everyone left. Did I miss something else? I'm gutted if I did because that's bad form by the cinema for doing that. Tbh I had a feeling I was gonna miss something.
    Please tell me,jist put in in spoilers if I did.
    Thanks

deco nate wrote: »
    I never read the comic, but I saw this today and loved it. At the end of the movie I stayed to watch the end credits, the cartoon bit. The lights came on and the cleaner's came in so everyone left. Did I miss something else? I'm gutted if I did because that's bad form by the cinema for doing that. Tbh I had a feeling I was gonna miss something.
    Please tell me,jist put in in spoilers if I did.
    Thanks

Don't worry if you had stayed any longer, you would have been told to go home anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Don't worry if you had stayed any longer, you would have been told to go home anyway.
    Phew! No more sweaty balls, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I think it tried to be over funny. I've read the comics when I was younger but I don't remember there being as much ****ty sex humour as this either? Did I just miss this as a young lad?

njoyed it a good deal though, thought it was entertaining and pretty fun overall. Revenge is the best plot drive, regardless of narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Saw Deapool tonight with friends. We all loved it, can't wait for the DVD or the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Saw Deapool tonight with friends. We all loved it, can't wait for the DVD or the sequel.

Saw it tonight and loved it. Could well be the first DVD I buy/will have bought in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

syklops wrote: »
    Saw it tonight and loved it. Could well be the first DVD I buy/will have bought in years.
    Same here, I will support this as much as I can.
    So few movies do good action and good comedy, you usually only end up with one of the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this a mega backlash against forced PG13 we're seeing?
    It's like the movie going public realise that this is the only shot at adult themed super flicks we would get

It could also be that adult comic fans are seeing this as an opportunity of going to the cinema without having to put up with bad behaving teenagers and kids all through the movie. Went tonight and aside from the movie itself it was one of the more enjoyable cinema experiences I've had. I heard no mobiles going off, no-one was checking messages in front of me during the movie, no incessant chattering, and no-one left the cinema during the running time.

It could also be that adult comic fans are seeing this as an opportunity of going to the cinema without having to put up with bad behaving teenagers and kids all through the movie. Went tonight and aside from the movie itself it was one of the more enjoyable cinema experiences I've had. I heard no mobiles going off, no-one was checking messages in front of me during the movie, no incessant chattering, and no-one left the cinema during the running time.

Plenty of that at the screening I was at, I'm afraid.

It could also be that adult comic fans are seeing this as an opportunity of going to the cinema without having to put up with bad behaving teenagers and kids all through the movie.

Unfortunately adults can be as bad as kids for annoying cinema behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think it tried to be over funny. I've read the comics when I was younger but I don't remember there being as much ****ty sex humour as this either? Did I just miss this as a young lad?

Out of curiosity, what comic run did you read or how long ago was it that you read them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Unfortunately adults can be as bad as kids for annoying cinema behaviour.

True, there was a guy with an e-cigarette in the screening I went to. I am still trying to understand the mentality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The only bit of Deadpool I thought that was a bit much or missed its mark was TJ Millers lines. Some of them were good, but most weren't.

Apart from that 5/7. A perfect score. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,360 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The only bit of Deadpool I thought that was a bit much or missed its mark was TJ Millers lines. Some of them were good, but most weren't.

Apart from that 5/7. A perfect score. :pac:

The bits that lost me were the Ikea bit and the "dead pool" in the bar, which was just a really clunky way of coming up with his name.

I didn't mind TJ Miller at all in it. Yeah some of the lines fell a bit flat but same can be said of almost every character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    True, there was a guy with an e-cigarette in the screening I went to. I am still trying to understand the mentality of it.

I sat behind a grown woman who was watching videos on Facebook during a film last year. It was an action film - very exciting, lots going on. How are you so bored that you start watching something else at the cinema?

F*cking people. :mad:

Advertisement