Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

As someone who has grown to despise comic book films, it was enjoyable. I could definitely watch it again due to the shear wealth of jokes being bombarded. The humour slightly missed the mark for me in general, it tried a bit too hard but it was absolutely hilarious at times. The scene intimidating the stalker kid was brilliant for one.

I did find myself sighing and groaning at the typical super hero ****e in it though. I actually had no idea this was part of xmen going in so was a bit disappointed to discover that. The villans were absolutely dreadful. Utterly black and white pure evil nonsense characters. They serve a distinct purpose to create a story arc and build to a crescendo. Fine. I find it so shallow and ultimately forgettable. The token xmen characters added nothing for me either. Why am I watching giant metal man fighting mute matchstick woman.

It's definitely a step above with the humour alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Penn wrote: »
    The bit that killed me and probably got the biggest laugh in the cinema was after
    he breaks both his hands and does the impression of the T-Rex
    , closely followed by
    his severed hand flipping off Colossus

Loved the Robocop reference too.
    Colossus dragging him away "Dead or alive youre coming with me"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

quote="allibastor;98772068"]Film looks great.

It is so good to be able to watch a film that is 18's and a superhero film.[/quote]

It's actually only 16's .
    If flying brain matter and unicorn masturbation can't get you an 18's cert nowadays then what can.
    Loved it though and forgot how hot Gina Carano was.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Pretty cool walk through from Tim Miller and his take on a DC showdown.
    It was this that brought him to the attention of Fox/Marvel.

Loves a comic does Tim :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Saw it today, very good movie.

Disappointed my son didnt get the magazines in the bag joke :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Saw it there yesterday. I liked it. It's about what I would have expected from a Deadpool movie. I'm glad that Ryan Reynolds has really found his calling as Deadpool. I hate how the continuity has been messed up though. Like we're supposed to forget about Wolverine Origins. Even if it was a terrible movie, I would have liked these movies to be more consistent because it just ruins the magic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

forgot how hot Gina Carano was.

Doing my best to hide that look from the girlfriend when we went to see it ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Saw it there yesterday. I liked it. It's about what I would have expected from a Deadpool movie. I'm glad that Ryan Reynolds has really found his calling as Deadpool. I hate how the continuity has been messed up though. Like we're supposed to forget about Wolverine Origins. Even if it was a terrible movie, I would have liked these movies to be more consistent because it just ruins the magic for me.

The continuity mistakes can be explained away by X-Men: Days of Future Past.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,983 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Went to see this tonight and loved it. Probably the best super hero movie to date for me.

I do find it amazing parents bring their 11-13 yr old children (could be younger) to a rated R movie thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,983 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I loved the
    Ice ring with the Zamboni

Thought that was quite funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Very enjoyable movie. Loved it and delighted it's mopping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The continuity mistakes can be explained away by X-Men: Days of Future Past.

They really can't. A couple of them, sure, but there are multiple iterations of the same characters in different time periods that can't be explained away by DOFP.

They really can't. A couple of them, sure, but there are multiple iterations of the same characters in different time periods that can't be explained away by DOFP.

It's comic book. They've hit a softish reset so let's just roll with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah they really cant so just roll with it.

Wolverine should have bone claws now and not the weapon X metal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Went to see the film today. Have to say I really enjoyed it. Would I give it 5 out of 5 no 4 maybe as there was a bit in the middle that was not great no it was not that bad feck it I think 5 out 5. It was very funny if it had of been the same film and no humour then it would have been hard to watch maybe. The last 30 to 40 min especially were really good lots of action and still funny too. Can,t wait for Deadpool 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Nice little reference to that in the movie...

Could have been worse right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Really didn't think I'd like this, if anything the trailer put me off. But the good word of mouth and high score on RT convinced me to at least give it a go.........and I'm really glad I did. I absolutely loved it. The one liners are funny but it's actually got a pretty good story going on there. And the relationship between wade Wilson and his girlfriend really works, like they have serious chemistry. I reckon the whole thing would not have worked had the chemistry not been so good between them.
    If you haven't see this and you think it might not be for you, go anyway, there's a good chance you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Since there is talk about a sequel, I wonder would it be worth it to introduce Bob, Agent of Hydra. I loved those stories with Deadpool and Bob. Plus you've already got a potential villain for the sequel in Hydra.

Since there is talk about a sequel, I wonder would it be worth it to introduce Bob, Agent of Hydra. I loved those stories with Deadpool and Bob. Plus you've already got a potential villain for the sequel in Hydra.

Hydra is MCU so ain't gonna happen

Riddle101 wrote:

They already introduced him, he pops up during the finale and there'll be no Hydra given that Marvel still have those rights

• Advertisement

I did love the "McAvoy or Stewart? The timelines are confusing" joke about Professor X.

They already introduced him, he pops up during the finale and there'll be no Hydra given that Marvel still have those rights

In an interview they stressed how it really really is just a normal carrier at the end and not a helicarriar as they couldn't even get rights to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Bob was in Deadpool near the end they had to drop the Hydra due to rights but he was in the film. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Character-Deadpool-Legally-Wasn-t-Able-Use-Did-Anyway-112417.html

Headshot wrote: »
    Went to see this tonight and loved it. Probably the best super hero movie to date for me.

I do find it amazing parents bring their 11-13 yr old children (could be younger) to a rated R movie thou.

Interesting they were allowed in. Notices up all over the place in the new Omniplex in Dundalk that if you were under 16 you weren't getting in, period.

As for the film itself, good fun. First time I can remember Ryan Reynolds since Blade 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Deadpool is now the highest grossing XMen movie in America, it did that without a PG13 rating or 3D ticket price increases.
    Considering it cost a lot less than those, it will easily be the most profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

Delighted! Here's hoping they don't throw a sh!tload more money at the sequel and ruin it with studio interference and whatnot.

I'm going to see this again in the coming week - never did that before!

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Bob was in Deadpool near the end they had to drop the Hydra due to rights but he was in the film. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Character-Deadpool-Legally-Wasn-t-Able-Use-Did-Anyway-112417.html

Just checked it now. Didn't realize it was Bob at first, I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not long in from it,brought the missus who knew zero about Deadpool until tonight and she was in stitches for parts of it.After all the po-faced hero movies it's great to get some light relief coupled with ultra violence and dubious morals.
    Definitely more enjoyable "than a sandpaper dildo".:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Crossed the $500m mark today at the box office.

Advertisement