Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah apologies, meant delaying when you could pre book tickets rather than delaying the whole movie.

You can't pre book using free tickets though, only pre-book with credit or debit card. I really think they just haven't put it up to prebook as there really won't be a need for anyone too, demand shouldn't be as high as an Avengers movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Loughc wrote: »
    Reynolds isn't a huge draw, some of his movies haven't been great, Green Lantern I'm looking at you, and Deadpool isn't as well known as the base super heroes. I'm looking forward to film completely and it will obviously be a box office hit but I don't see demand for it being up there with the Marvel movies.

The exact same things were said about Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. I think Deadpool will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Loughc wrote: »
    Reynolds isn't a huge draw,

That's understating things. I think it's safe to classify Reynolds as box office poison. Again, I don't mind the guy but can understand why some can't stand his "sher aren't I hilarious" persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The translation of the description of that youtube video sparks my imagination :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

That Wayne Rooney thing was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

stop eating kebabs before nap time so

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ill believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre and the opening credits roll.
    :pac:

anyway I have a question: is this worth the extra $8 a ticket to see in IMAX?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That's understating things. I think it's safe to classify Reynolds as box office poison. Again, I don't mind the guy but can understand why some can't stand his "sher aren't I hilarious" persona.

i don't think that is safe to say at all. I would be fairly surprised if people didn't go to the movie just because Reynolds is in it.

i don't think that is safe to say at all. I would be fairly surprised if people didn't go to the movie just because Reynolds is in it.

He's very marmite though.
    Wife is bringing me to see it on the 10th, perfect birthday timing, thanks Deadpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's very marmite though.
    Wife is bringing me to see it on the 10th, perfect birthday timing, thanks Deadpool

Is that really a popular view of him?

I'd like him myself but I've honestly never heard of anyone saying they hate him and would never watch a movie with him in it. At worst I would have thought people apathetic to him in the most part.

I just wouldn't have thought of him as a actor without enough about them to sell or tank a movie on their own.

I would have also thought of him as an actor perfect for Deadpool - can;t think of better casting for the role to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Reynolds is great. Lots of men don't seem to like him cos he's funny and handsome. He's got acting chops (see Buried) and he's s comic nerd who's been a big fan of Deadpool for a long time. He's had a lot to do with the marketing of the film which is all done in keeping with the tone of the character so he obviously understands Deadpool. He's the perfect fit for the role and he's definitely not box office poison.

Pretty much.
    Buried was a phenomenal performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Reynolds is great. Lots of men don't seem to like him cos he's funny and handsome. He's got acting chops (see Buried) and he's s comic nerd who's been a big fan of Deadpool for a long time. He's had a lot to do with the marketing of the film which is all done in keeping with the tone of the character so he obviously understands Deadpool. He's the perfect fit for the role and he's definitely not box office poison.

I think he's just a bad chooser of roles really which can equate to awful box office figures or just awful movies (R.I.P.D., The Voices, The Change-Up, Self/less, Green Lantern etc) I like him as an actor though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You should give The Voices a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You should give The Voices a watch.

Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm just happy its got Colossus in it and he speaks in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I can't stand him and that's the reason I probably won't see this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Pretty much.
    Buried was a phenomenal performance.

I thought he was very good in Adventureland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reviews are pretty positive,Reynolds looks to have nailed it as Deadpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Reviews mostly pretty positive, although quite a few saying that Deadpool wasn't enough.......Deadpool. It's a tough character to go to extents with though because of the stuff he gets upto in the comics, needs 2-3 film arc to nail that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Chris Stuckmann a youtube reviewer who I mostly agree with his film tastes gave it an A+

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd be of the 'can't stand him' opinion myself. Guy just grates on me, and would have preferred to see someone else in the role. Personally don't agree with the 'Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool' sentiment but the lowest common denominator humour that has made the character so popular over the last 5 years is Reynolds' bread and butter and people will probably lap it up.

Despite all that I will still go see it next weekend.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd be of the 'can't stand him' opinion myself. Guy just grates on me, and would have preferred to see someone else in the role. Personally don't agree with the 'Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool' sentiment but the lowest common denominator humour that has made the character so popular over the last 5 years is Reynolds' bread and butter and people will probably lap it up.

Despite all that I will still go see it next weekend.

He was pitched as a perfect deadpool 10 years ago. So your nice comment about lowest common is a bit confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Chris Stuckmann a youtube reviewer who I mostly agree with his film tastes gave it an A+
    Stuckmann is okay and nowhere near as annoying as Jeremy Jahns but something about this "I'm gonna put my gurning face on the thumbnail of a movie review" really annoys me. :P

e_e wrote: »
    Stuckmann is okay and nowhere near as annoying as Jeremy Jahns but something about this "I'm gonna put my gurning face on the thumbnail of a movie review" really annoys me. :P

Get Stuckmanised.... Shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

I have a spare pair of tickets to the press screening of Deadpool at 6:30pm in Cineworld, this evening. If you're interested just send me a pm.

edit: Tickets gone to thebostoncrab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

mark13 wrote: »
    I have a spare pair of tickets to the press screening of Deadpool at 6:30pm in Cineworld, this evening. If you're interested just send me a pm.

edit: Tickets gone to thebostoncrab

Just so you know, you gave the tickets to a man with a big Deadpool tattoo who is very grateful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Saw it at the screening this evening and loved it. Hit the right balance of comedy, silliness and action and totally captured the spirit of the comics - I even enjoyed the obligatory Stan Lee cameo.

Advertisement