Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Which trailer and are you a comic fan anyway?
    Whichever one came on in the cinema. I'm not a comic fan. Maybe I just don't get it. I did like Kick Ass though which seems kind of similar.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Movie isn't even out yet and someone's already disgusted :pac:
    I was only disgusted at how desperately unimaginative and unfunny it was. Don't mean to dampen any spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You'd imagine it would be 18, but can probably see it being a 16 which would be foolish.

Why would it be foolish for it to be a 16? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Why would it be foolish for it to be a 16? :confused:

Because Deadpool should be an 18's and keeping with the comics R-Rated lineage.

Because Deadpool should be an 18's and keeping with the comics R-Rated lineage.

Lots of stuff that would make something R-rated could be 16's here.

Violence and bad language in a comic-book style? 16's would be fine. There'll be nothing tame about it I would say.

I'd say if it gets an 18 they'll appeal it to try get a 16.

John Wick was a 16 for instance. My money is on a 16's cert.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

R rated is more equivalent to 15s/16s here, not 18.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    R rated is more equivalent to 15s/16s here, not 18.

I might be wrong but I think some R-rated cinema releases in the States have bits cut out that we'd get here for 18's certs.

An X cert in the States is still commercial death.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I might be wrong but I think some R-rated cinema releases in the States have bits cut out that we'd get here for 18's certs.

An X cert in the States is still commercial death.

I think NC-17 is the next one up, anyone can go to an R rated film if there's an adult with them. Very rare you hear of films receiving an nc-17.

I think NC-17 is the next one up, anyone can go to an R rated film if there's an adult with them. Very rare you hear of films receiving an nc-17.

NC-17 - that's the one I meant alright.

I think they add all the cut stuff back in for the 'unrated' versions for home release I think. At least in the nineties I remember seeing lots of videos marked 'Unrated' in video shops over yonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

There are plenty of R-Rated films rated 12/15 here and in the UK.

I think "unrated cut" is just a marketing ploy more often than not too.

Look at the recent home release of The Green Inferno that was sold as "The Director's Cut". The German distributor got the film and when they viewed it they couldn't figure out what was different so contacted Eli Roth to ask how was this version a different one. Roth's reply was that it wasn't and that he just wanted the tagline on the release. He gave various reasons why but let's be honest, it's a cheap marking tool to entice in viewers expecting to see something a little more extreme than what the censors allowed in theaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

New clip I think? has me looking forward even more to seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭pah

Canadel wrote: »
    A trailer for this came on while I was waiting to see The Big Short. It was embarrassing. Not often I genuinely turn my head away from the screen in disgust, but Deadpool in all its dreadfulness demanded it of me. 0.5/10

Obviously not your cup of tea. I'd give all the trailers a wankingly good 10 out of fukking 10 but then It's right up my back alley. ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ryan on Norton tonight his love for the character came accross well, showed the above clip.

Teh wife is getting brought out Valentines weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

pah wrote: »
    Obviously not your cup of tea. I'd give all the trailers a wankingly good 10 out of fukking 10 but then It's right up my back alley. ouch
    Obviously not. It will be interesting to see what you think of the movie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭pah

12466014_952331271527546_144728287173782764_o.jpg

For anyone having trouble convincing the other half to go see this.

That was posted a page or two back. It is a love story

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is this only getting a limited release in Odeon cinemas?

Not holding out much hope for it myself but my oh is excited about it so she tried to book tickets yesterday but it doesn't seem to be on in all cinemas, Coolock and Blanchardstown being two noticeable omissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Its only showing in cineworlds from the 10th? everywhere else seems to be the 12th

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is this only getting a limited release in Odeon cinemas?

Not holding out much hope for it myself but my oh is excited about it so she tried to book tickets yesterday but it doesn't seem to be on in all cinemas, Coolock and Blanchardstown being two noticeable omissions.

It's showing in both Coolock and Blanch they just haven't released tickets for sale yet. I imagine it's not going to be as big as a hit for them as the usual comic book movies are.

There's options to book in certain Odeons for the 10th.

I thought they were delaying the release as they gave away free tickets in a paper a while back and the expiry date is around the release date. Thought they were expecting a lot of people using their free tickets for this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There's options to book in certain Odeons for the 10th.

I thought they were delaying the release as they gave away free tickets in a paper a while back and the expiry date is around the release date. Thought they were expecting a lot of people using their free tickets for this.

Odeon can't delay release dates, the distributors dictate the release dates and number of showinga, easiest way around the free tickets would be to say free list suspended and put Deadpool on the free list.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Loughc wrote: »
    It's showing in both Coolock and Blanch they just haven't released tickets for sale yet. I imagine it's not going to be as big as a hit for them as the usual comic book movies are.

I dont see how thats the case Reynolds has a huge draw and the comedy aspect from the Trailors will pull an audience.

listermint wrote: »
    I dont see how thats the case Reynolds has a huge draw and the comedy aspect from the Trailors will pull an audience.

Reynolds isn't a huge draw, some of his movies haven't been great, Green Lantern I'm looking at you, and Deadpool isn't as well known as the base super heroes. I'm looking forward to film completely and it will obviously be a box office hit but I don't see demand for it being up there with the Marvel movies.

I don't see demand for it being up there with the Marvel movies.

Em it is a Marvel movie....

Em it is a Marvel movie....

I think he means as in marvel cinematic universe, this is a fox movie which is why there's x-men in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 guitarguy2112

Lots of stuff that would make something R-rated could be 16's here.

Violence and bad language in a comic-book style? 16's would be fine. There'll be nothing tame about it I would say.

I'd say if it gets an 18 they'll appeal it to try get a 16.

John Wick was a 16 for instance. My money is on a 16's cert.

You're right - it's been given a 16 by the IFCO for 'very strong violence, strong sex references and nudity' (I can't post a URL as I'm a new user but it's been added today to IFCO's website)

I think he means as in marvel cinematic universe, this is a fox movie which is why there's x-men in it.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

https://twitter.com/BBFC/status/694052564447404032

Having to be 1 year older in Ireland is silly, just because they're too lazy to take the A out of 15A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Canadel wrote: »
    A trailer for this came on while I was waiting to see The Big Short. It was embarrassing. Not often I genuinely turn my head away from the screen in disgust, but Deadpool in all its dreadfulness demanded it of me. 0.5/10

Life.

You're doing it wrong.

• Advertisement

Odeon can't delay release dates, the distributors dictate the release dates and number of showinga, easiest way around the free tickets would be to say free list suspended and put Deadpool on the free list.

Yeah apologies, meant delaying when you could pre book tickets rather than delaying the whole movie.

Advertisement