Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

I have to say they really have nailed the essence of Deadpool in the marketing anyway.. i just hope its not gonna be a pile of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I look forward to reading all the reports of angry parents pulling their kids out of screenings because they can't read an age rating. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a petition going around for a PG-13 cut of the movie :pac:, a PG-13 cut for a character who isn't exactly child friendly... I for one can't wait to see the R - Rated cut :D

e_e wrote: »
    I look forward to reading all the reports of angry parents pulling their kids out of screenings because they can't read an age rating. :pac:

"But but Joe, it's a comic book, for kids. "

Same ****tards buying their kids GTAV and complaining about the violence in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Might be old, but this poster got a chuckle once it clicked.

ujfDCor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so many women are going to be pissed if they go based on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Skerries wrote: »

Yay, I might be able to convince my wife to go see this now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 guitarguy2112

e_e wrote: »
    Does this mean the film will be rated 18? I hope so that it's not just another light 15/r-rated action movie.

That rating's just for a trailer, and trailers are rated a lot more harshly than full-length films because they're shorter so there's less time to establish context, so a trailer's rating could be lower or higher than the film's. One example I can think of is Ted getting an 18 rated trailer even though the film was a 15.

I also wouldn't be too worried if it gets a 15 - they can get very violent nowadays. It will probably get more lenient treatment because it's a comedy, which helped Kick-Ass to get a 15 instead of an 18.

This is in UK rating terms but I would be surprised if it got a 15A in Ireland. I'm expecting it to be at least a 16.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Skerries wrote: »

It'as a shame the entire marketing campaign hasn't been geared that way, would have been a fantastic practical joke.

That rating's just for a trailer, and trailers are rated a lot more harshly than full-length films because they're shorter so there's less time to establish context, so a trailer's rating could be lower or higher than the film's. One example I can think of is Ted getting an 18 rated trailer even though the film was a 15.

I also wouldn't be too worried if it gets a 15 - they can get very violent nowadays. It will probably get more lenient treatment because it's a comedy, which helped Kick-Ass to get a 15 instead of an 18.

This is in UK rating terms but I would be surprised if it got a 15A in Ireland. I'm expecting it to be at least a 16.
    Ah, hadn't considered this. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's not an 18 otherwise I can't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hopefully it's not an 18 otherwise I can't see it :(

Hopefully it is.. they can't do the character justice unless its a full hog adult movie.

cronin_j wrote: »
    Hopefully it is.. they can't do the character justice unless its a full hog adult movie.

I know that, but make-up designer Bill Corso has said that:
    "Ironically there's not as much gore as there could be, it's all portrayed pretty realistically. Deadpool does some really graphic stuff to people, but it's all quick and doesn't linger on it.”

To get a 15, the violence, "should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury"

Taking that into account with Bill's quote, there's a very realistic chance that it could be a 15, which can still get heavily violent (e.g. Kick-Ass, John Wick and both 300 films). It's not that it shouldn't be as outrageous and adult as possible (which it should), but more because you can get away with a lot of swearing, sex and violence at 15, and I wouldn't be looking forward to it as much as I am if there wasn't a chance of it having that rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On track for a $55/60m opening weekend in the States which would be awesome.
    The Hollywood Reporter released the tracking numbers for Deadpool ahead of its February 12th release date, and the results are encouraging, to say the least. Not only is the film the "first choice" pick among males and females for that weekend, it's also clocking in with an estimated range of $55 million to $60 million in ticket sales. For reference, this puts the film on track to crush its competition – in particular Zoolander 2, which is quoted for a $20+ million opening.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Deadpool-Track-Massive-Opening-Weekend-107637.html

Pter wrote: »
    'Deadpool kills the marvel universe'.

Does what it says on the tin.
    Bought this and read it in one sitting.

Enjoyed the nihilism of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Touching the borderline where I'm gonna start avoiding trailers...

COS THIS LOOKS COOL! :)

https://twitter.com/deadpoolmovie/status/691349845727166465

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

A trailer for this came on while I was waiting to see The Big Short. It was embarrassing. Not often I genuinely turn my head away from the screen in disgust, but Deadpool in all its dreadfulness demanded it of me. 0.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

On track for a $55/60m opening weekend in the States which would be awesome.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Deadpool-Track-Massive-Opening-Weekend-107637.html

How accurate on these predictions usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Canadel wrote: »
    A trailer for this came on while I was waiting to see The Big Short. It was embarrassing. Not often I genuinely turn my head away from the screen in disgust, but Deadpool in all its dreadfulness demanded it of me. 0.5/10

So you have based that "score" of this on a 2 min(ish) trailer??

• Advertisement

Which trailer and are you a comic fan anyway?

Curious as each of them so far (I'm starting to avoid now) has made me more excited than the last

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Which trailer and are you a comic fan anyway?

Curious as each of them so far (I'm starting to avoid now) has made me more excited than the last

I've seen the same very short, condensed trailer in Cineworld probably 6 or 7 times in the last 2 weeks which doesn't leave a good impression at all. It's more like a TV spot and doesn't make much sense.

If I hadn't seen the full length trailers, this would have put me right off. Could hear folks around me each time saying how "shîte" it looked, tis a shame.

BBFC getting their priorities straight:

https://twitter.com/BBFC/status/691955498925625346

:P

Movie isn't even out yet and someone's already disgusted :pac:

Will it be 18s or 16s over here?

You'd imagine it would be 18, but can probably see it being a 16 which would be foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Fox must have some confidence in this, they had a surprise screening last week with no embargo. I've been told the press screening is also early for this kind of movie.

ps3lover wrote: »
    Fox must have some confidence in this, they had a surprise screening last week with no embargo. I've been told the press screening is also early for this kind of movie.

Word of mouthing so. Serenity tried the same in 2004/5

Deadpool has a good marketing campaign but I imagine there is a large section of the public still unsure

• Advertisement

Advertisement