Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

NightStone wrote: »
    I see a new "Tank and skinnies seaside" restaurant/coffee shop in that building on the pier in buncrana .
    And there now seems to be a kids arcade/amusements place as I went round the one way system before the main Street .
    Possible star arcade or something
    also in buncrana

Was in there last weekend, just stumbled across it. Looked like a really cool place, industrial decor, great view from its huge windows over the lough, and despite not being able to see an actual bar in the place, they served a really good pint of Guinness. Wasn't there long enough to sample the food, but from the happy crowd, I'd say it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    they served a really good pint of Guinness. Wasn't there long enough to sample the food
    A man after my own heart. Getting the priorities right is essential ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    August apparently for the Supermacs/Londis/Top Oil "plaza" according to Eye On Donegal mag.

As for the place over at the Mullans, I did notice all works seem to have stopped. I'd imagine they didn't go to all that expense laying that big drain and roundabout without being pretty sure they've got tenants, though maybe they've no fully confirmed anchor tenant? We can but guess.

saw an excavator in the mullans tonight maybe work restarting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Supermacs in Donegal town is to be opened on the 3rd all going to plan is what I've heard from a few who've applied for jobs there.

Also in yesterdays news planning has been sought for a state of the art retail development centre in the Milltown area of Donegal Town. I think everyone is buzzing from all the new development.

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Also in yesterdays news planning has been sought for a state of the art retail development centre in the Milltown area of Donegal Town. I think everyone is buzzing from all the new development.

there didnt seem to be planning application in looking at the donegal coco planning site or maybe it takes a while to get up there ? but i wouldnt have thought anything would go up quick there unless they an anchor tenant.

• Advertisement

there didnt seem to be planning application in looking at the donegal coco planning site or maybe it takes a while to get up there ? but i wouldnt have thought anything would go up quick there unless they an anchor tenant.
    The planning site is fecked at the moment - wont show up sites on the map and if looking for applications received within X km of a specific town then it wont show those either. You would really need the applicants name and townland in order to search for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

VIP Clothing opening where Denim Corner used to be in Courtyard SC, Letterkenny.

i see supermacs donegal town is open - dunleavys texaco on the killybegs road was like a ghost town on sunday afternoon

i see supermacs donegal town is open -
    Whereabouts is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

muffler wrote: »
    Whereabouts is that?

Opp Lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Firblog

Drove past it this eve just after 6pm, Jesus there was hardly a parking spot available, placed was jammers; doubt if people were there to shop in Londis..

Firblog wrote: »
    Drove past it this eve just after 6pm, Jesus there was hardly a parking spot available, placed was jammers; doubt if people were there to shop in Londis..

hopefully its just first week novelty, would hate to see dunleaveys texaco struggling (although i suspect they may have to change their offering).
    guess thats competition for you

Have been told that the reason so many people are there is because they can't get out... it takes half an hour to get a burger.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

hopefully its just first week novelty, would hate to see dunleaveys texaco struggling (although i suspect they may have to change their offering).
    guess thats competition for you

I'm all fairness, it's very dear for what you get also food wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A lot of activity around the complex up at Killylastin these days, including replacing broken windows in Ard Ri bar and power washing the area around it.
    Anyone know if it's reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

CastorTroy wrote:
    A lot of activity around the complex up at Killylastin these days, including replacing broken windows in Ard Ri bar and power washing the area around it. Anyone know if it's reopening?

I heard it's been purchased by the guys who had the shop there before, apparently they've bought the entire building.
    Be good to see it open again, it was very handy when it opened but the shop closing killed off the other 3 businesses. It had a dodgy reputation before it all closed so hopefully it will be different this time.

Yeah Chips 2 Go was too handy at times. :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah Chips 2 Go was too handy at times. :)
    Ah, now there's a blast from the past! It certainly was too handy when I was living in Glendale! :D

I think the shop was Nyne's at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Anyone know whats going on next to the fire station in Letterkenny? Fairly sizeable construction site there for the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Anyone know whats going on next to the fire station in Letterkenny? Fairly sizeable construction site there for the past few weeks

It's a temporary site office for the crowd doing the watermain on the high road.

• Advertisement

Former Craze menswear in Donegal diamond getting refitted , anyone know what's going in there ?

Believe it's going to be an ice cream parlour

Firblog wrote: »
    Believe it's going to be an ice cream parlour

hmm in october

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Homestore+More have opened without much fanfare in Letterkenny

byte

Homestore+More have opened without much fanfare in Letterkenny
    Didn't realise that was coming to LK - where is it located?

Where Cooney's was beside Lidl

hmm in october

Told ya :D

byte

In Donegal Town, there's a new barbers (Peter's, I think) opened beside Doherty's Fishing Tackle.

• Advertisement

I see a new restaurant or take away open by Divers Hyundai garage. Can't remember the name but sign says they do Burgers, pizza and pasta.

Advertisement