Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see a new restaurant or take away open by Divers Hyundai garage. Can't remember the name but sign says they do Burgers, pizza and pasta.

I was there tonight getting a takeaway. It's called Luca's, it was previously Fire and Slice next to Johnson's chip shop.

Very nice looking inside, they said they're open from 9:30 for breakfast and are doing lunch, sandwiches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The former Cavern bar re-opened as McCafferty's. Sampled it tonight with other half and another couple. Doubt if we'll be back, it's just another "super pub". Boasts it's a live music venue but most of the crowd can't even see the musicians and if you're in the main ground floor you have to go either up or down stairs to access a toilet.

Seems to be a bit of activity around what was Reid's filling station on Pearse Rd in Letterkenny. Planning application is for shop and café.
    On a vaguely related note, Supermacs have submitted a revised application to DCC for their proposed outlet in Letterkenny.

"Burrito Loco" in Letterkenny moving to the premises across the street that previously housed "Kingfisher". Hope they have more success than all the previous occupants.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The complex at Killylastin:
    Banner up saying Coming soon: Applegreen pumps, Costcutter shop and the pub will be called Átnas or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

New coffee shop open in a container in the car park of the Diamond Centre in Donegal town. It’s called Contains Coffee.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The complex at Killylastin:
    Banner up saying Coming soon: Applegreen pumps, Costcutter shop and the pub will be called Átnas or something.
    Is that the place where Nynes and Chips2Go was?

byte wrote: »
    Is that the place where Nynes and Chips2Go was?

Yep. And the Ard Rí bar

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

Batch - New Coffee shop /restaurant/ wine bar now opened in Falcarragh

Sprint Educational, Letterkenny, which recently closed in the Market Centre is re-opening in what used to be (I think) Michael Gallagher's Menswear.

• Advertisement

Sprint Educational, Letterkenny, which recently closed in the Market Centre is re-opening in what used to be (I think) Michael Gallagher's Menswear.

Also reopening in Donegal town, in the old premises.

Lot of activity in Letterkenny.
    Former JJ Reid's on Pearse Road re-opened as Mullins, apparently 24 hour café in it
    Coffee Factory beside Mr Chippie re-opened as Gourmet Sandwich (not sure if I have the name right, I only noticed it from the traffic lights)
    Lily's on Main Street re-opened as Avocado Buffet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Lot of activity in Letterkenny.
    Former JJ Reid's on Pearse Road re-opened as Mullins, apparently 24 hour café in it
    Coffee Factory beside Mr Chippie re-opened as Gourmet Sandwich (not sure if I have the name right, I only noticed it from the traffic lights)
    Lily's on Main Street re-opened as Avocado Buffet

What is the avocado buffet? I saw them getting it painted when I was last home but that's it. Haven't seen anything online about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Lot of activity in Letterkenny. Former JJ Reid's on Pearse Road re-opened as Mullins, apparently 24 hour café in it Coffee Factory beside Mr Chippie re-opened as Gourmet Sandwich (not sure if I have the name right, I only noticed it from the traffic lights) Lily's on Main Street re-opened as Avocado Buffet

New Costcutter and Applegreen opened yesterday in Killyclug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Firblog

Hanna Hat have opened a little shop where McMahon's computer shop was, & Edel Quinn Estate agent opened beside that in what used to be the wool shop in Donegal Town.

byte

The Manhattan Restaurant (not "Steakhouse" anymore) seems to be reopening soon, going by their Facebook page.

Any word on who bought McGettigans butchers building? There’s a ‘sold’ sign in the window. It’s a prime location.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Any word on who bought McGettigans butchers building? There’s a ‘sold’ sign in the window. It’s a prime location.

the rear of has allegedly been bought by the council and pauls car park is to be extended.

the rumour is one of the partners i the millpark hotel has bought the building but no gossip on who might go in there (will need refurbing before anyone can go in there anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Maldesu wrote: »
    What is the avocado buffet? I saw them getting it painted when I was last home but that's it. Haven't seen anything online about it

its an All you can eat buffet

all you can eat for €8.90, under 12s for €3.80 and under 4s for free

they also do all 12" pizzas for €5.99 which is what I had and i have to say it was very nice . It was very quiet when i was in there, its smallish but very clean and modern looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    its an All you can eat buffet

all you can eat for €8.90, under 12s for €3.80 and under 4s for free

they also do all 12" pizzas for €5.99 which is what I had and i have to say it was very nice . It was very quiet when i was in there, its smallish but very clean and modern looking

What all do they have apart from pizza? Cant find a menu for it anywhere

• Advertisement
    byte

the rear of has allegedly been bought by the council and pauls car park is to be extended.

the rumour is one of the partners i the millpark hotel has bought the building but no gossip on who might go in there (will need refurbing before anyone can go in there anyway)
    Same story I heard. More parking spaces would be no harm, if true.

What all do they have apart from pizza? Cant find a menu for it anywhere

didnt have a really good look at the buffet part but I can remember seeing rice, curry, pasta, chicken wings as well as pizza, it didnt look like a huge choice but im sure theres more than enough for the price

you generally dont get a menu for a buffet its just staple fast food as above and you eat all you can for the one off price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The Manhattan restaurant in Donegal Town is reopening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

didnt have a really good look at the buffet part but I can remember seeing rice, curry, pasta, chicken wings as well as pizza, it didnt look like a huge choice but im sure theres more than enough for the price

you generally dont get a menu for a buffet its just staple fast food as above and you eat all you can for the one off price

And it looks like its gone already

And it looks like its gone already

Yep, lasted less than a fortnight which must be some sort of record.

Yep, lasted less than a fortnight which must be some sort of record.

went down the week again after I was first there and they had the shutters 3/4th way down and a woman standing shouting that she was owed 2 grand and wasnt budging till she got it.

mod i understand if you snip, but it happened.. i was there and didnt get my pizza, settled for subway instead :)

didnt know it had closed since but after that event it doesnt suprise me

went down the week again after I was first there and they had the shutters 3/4th way down and a woman standing shouting that she was owed 2 grand and wasnt budging till she got it.

mod i understand if you snip, but it happened.. i was there and didnt get my pizza, settled for subway instead :)

didnt know it had closed since but after that event it doesnt suprise me

Heard a similar story from a colleague, the scuttlebutt around the town is of a trail of unpaid bills.

I see Easons in The Courtyard, Letterkenny is rebranding to Thebookmark.ie. Don't know about the one in the Shopping Centre

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's a franchise and Eason may be exiting franchising as they bought the single biggest franchiser recently. Or they don't see the value in or whatever, I am just guessing (bar the Eason buying out the big franchiser)

Advertisement