Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

muffler wrote: »
    Final answer? ;)

I04q4jx.jpg

I'll rephrase, people with hair will always need their hair done! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

People will always need their hair done!

New café opening in the town also were the Spawell was, in the Drumrooske Business Park.
    Is that not just renovations? One of the women there mentioned getting work done when I was last there a while back.

Hope not too many changes, was a grand spot, though I'm sure they'd be glad to be rid of the floor tiles!

byte wrote: »
    Is that not just renovations? One of the women there mentioned getting work done when I was last there a while back.

Hope not too many changes, was a grand spot, though I'm sure they'd be glad to be rid of the floor tiles!

It's changed name. Perhaps it's just a revamp.
    Yeah the floor tiles are brutal, an insurance claim waiting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

The Ostan in Dungloe now named as The Waterfront Hotel has opened after several years of it being closed.

Look forward to a visit this weekend during the festival!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was it not open either last year or the year before as the Coast? Just for the summer season and laying everyone off again
    Needed a full ground up refit and a total rethink on food offerings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

See Sean Graham bookies back in Letterkenny where Joe (Bid) Gallagher's shop used to be on Lower Main St and what looks like some sort of gift shop beside Dillons Hotel in the premises that was a bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

and what looks like some sort of gift shop beside Dillons Hotel in the premises that was a bar

Forgot about that. It's owned by Mourne Antiques across the road. Haven't been in yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

LK IT CENTRE a computer repair and services company for home and businesses, have moved from down in Bonagee to an upstairs unit in the Riverside Retail Park in Letterkenny above Tshirt Express. They are there for 6 or 7 months now they were operating down in Bonagee for around a year before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Spotted a new bar/restaurant in Donegal Town last night, Quay West.

Anyone know any more, looks quite up market.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Spotted a new bar/restaurant in Donegal Town last night, Quay West.

Anyone know any more, looks quite up market.

Saw that when I was at the Food Festival and forgot to search for it. Outside is v. nice looking but didn't know it was a restaurant. Would also like to know a bit more.

Edit: Looks like its the Harbour moving up a few doors

• Advertisement

It's under the ownership of the girls who ran the harbour. They have purchased the building and are opening their own restaurant.
    Two staff members of the Harbour and going to run it.

byte

On Donegal Town, I noticed a phone accessories shop of some sort on upper main street where the fish shop was for a period.

And now, it seems there's a similar shop near the Garda station.

I don't know if either offer phones or contracts from networks like Alpha used to etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

There is a new Interior shop opening beside Duffys (Donegals Famous Chipper) in Donegal town also

byte

schizo1014 wrote: »
    There is a new Interior shop opening beside Duffys (Donegals Famous Chipper) in Donegal town also
    Ah, I was wondering what was going in there, as I noticed some work was being done.

Mr Price, discount store opening in the former McMahon's in Letterkenny also Cafe Blend on High Road re-opening with new name and one assumes new owners

Yet another restaurant opening in Letterkenny. High Road, what used to be Fabi's many many years ago. I'd imagine they're looking to target the new courthouse which is shooting up like a weed on the site of the old leisure centre

Yet another restaurant opening in Letterkenny. High Road, what used to be Fabi's many many years ago. I'd imagine they're looking to target the new courthouse which is shooting up like a weed on the site of the old leisure centre

Ah yeah, the Honeypot. Called in today and the poor guys found out their workmen neighbours burst a water pipe. I think Cafe Davitt is open too, where Blend used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just out of curiosity, where would ye park if going to these places? The old leisure centre car park was really handy. But up around the Orchard seems the only place now

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, where would ye park if going to these places? The old leisure centre car park was really handy. But up around the Orchard seems the only place now

Suppose it depends on what you consider far. There is the usual street parking, but there is the Grill (cut up by the boxing club) and the parking behind the old courthouse. Bit of parking at the back of Gallaghers too. Only a few minutes from each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Fabi's flats used to be haunted, did anyone ever hear the stories?

What is becoming of the old courthouse I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Fabi's flats used to be haunted, did anyone ever hear the stories?

What is becoming of the old courthouse I wonder?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055910708/4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maldesu wrote: »
    Suppose it depends on what you consider far. There is the usual street parking, but there is the Grill (cut up by the boxing club) and the parking behind the old courthouse. Bit of parking at the back of Gallaghers too. Only a few minutes from each

I've no problem walking but ones I usually meet for lunch aren't keen on it, or paying for parking so always end up going to the same couple places like Stateside or Mountain Top

Has Specsavers opened up in Donegal town can anyone confirm? I seen a new premises in the Diamond center to the left of O'heirs bakery but couldn't catch what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Has Specsavers opened up in Donegal town can anyone confirm? I seen a new premises in the Diamond center to the left of O'heirs bakery but couldn't catch what it was.

Opened today ! 24/10

Except you can't get into town because of the army.

Opened today ! 24/10

Except you can't get into town because of the army.

Yes I noticed that haha good to see it finally open it will save a lot of people from having to go to letterkenny instead.

See a fabric and alteration shop has moved into the unit that was occupied by Unique Gifts in Courtyard SC Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

The Courtyard seems to be struggling for some reason. A lot of empty units there.

I don't know why, it is convenient to the town centre and offers free or cheap parking.

salonfire wrote: »
    The Courtyard seems to be struggling for some reason. A lot of empty units there.

I don't know why, it is convenient to the town centre and offers free or cheap parking.

It's never really had an anchor tenant. Pennys is the big draw for the LK shopping centre and TK Maxx is at the other location. Supervalu was the only big on they had but it never seemed to take off - too much comp from Dunnes and Tesco/Pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Iceland opening again in Letterkenny

Great for employment, objectionable for health.

• Advertisement
    byte

annascott wrote: »
    Iceland opening again in Letterkenny

Great for employment, objectionable for health.
    Where in the town is it opening?

Advertisement