Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses OPENING/REOPENING around the county.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I see Castle Murray House has reopened as a boutique B&B speicalising in hosting groups for retreats, yoga, wellbeing, mindfullness and walking according to their facebook.

Also has anyone noticed work being done where the bookies used to be behind Apache Pizza in Donegal town? There is talk that a Mexican place is opening there, fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

schizo1014 wrote: »

Also has anyone noticed work being done where the bookies used to be behind Apache Pizza in Donegal town? There is talk that a Mexican place is opening there, fingers crossed :D

Must be the guy who was in Sage in LK. Heard he was moving up to Donegal to open a Mexican place. Totally jealous.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Another food place? The town seems to becoming overrun with all these food places, I have wonder how such a small town can sustain them all. Still, at least Mexican food will be something different.

There's another cafe or something to open at Bustards, opposite Toni's Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

byte wrote: »
    Where in the town is it opening?

I do not know. From the photograph, maybe at the courtyard where it was before.
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2017/04/10/jobs-boost-for-letterkenny-as-iceland-prepared-to-open-new-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

annascott wrote: »
    I do not know. From the photograph, maybe at the courtyard where it was before.
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2017/04/10/jobs-boost-for-letterkenny-as-iceland-prepared-to-open-new-store/

That was a bad location then and a worse one now.

• Advertisement

Another food place? The town seems to becoming overrun with all these food places, I have wonder how such a small town can sustain them all. Still, at least Mexican food will be something different.

There's another cafe or something to open at Bustards, opposite Toni's Bistro.

Aye I think the town has been missing a Mexican place for a long time though so I can see it doing well.

Yeah the new place at bustards are from people Mountcharles who are opening it If I heard right, that'll be a cluster of food places in that small area now with The Manhattan, the Italian, Toni's, the Indian, Caspian and Linda's.

byte

According to the Mrs, Bustard's place has a sign up now, saying Marina's Cafe and Wine Bar.

I seen a planning application was lodged for a new development in Donegal town at Drumlonagher roundabout. Supposed to be a new two story filling station, a drive thru restaurant (supermacs apparently) and a new car park.

byte

I seen a planning application was lodged for a new development in Donegal town at Drumlonagher roundabout. Supposed to be a new two story filling station, a drive thru restaurant (supermacs apparently) and a new car park.
    Hah, I thought that was some kind of joke, but seems not so. I had heard about a filling station and a Supermacs alright, and there was machinery in working on that site recently.

Marina's has been open over a week now.

The Mexican restaurant is to be called La Fiesta and is to open mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought there was some sort of agreement in place between Supermac's and 4 Lights so we never get a Supermac's in Donegal

• Advertisement

Hah, I thought that was some kind of joke, but seems not so. I had heard about a filling station and a Supermacs alright, and there was machinery in working on that site recently.

Marina's has been open over a week now.

The Mexican restaurant is to be called La Fiesta and is to open mid June.

Yeah there is a lot of talk regarding development in the area, it is very accessible. Apparently a nursing home is supposed to go up beside it, and across the road at lidl they are extending to build a cafe.

From what I've heard Marina's is fairly good. Great news about the Mexican I seen a bit in the paper about it, can't wait to try it.

byte

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought there was some sort of agreement in place between Supermac's and 4 Lights so we never get a Supermac's in Donegal
    I did hear that rumour before, whether it's true or not is another story.

In any case, the Supermacs will be outside the town really, much like Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

La fiesta mexican restaurant opened last night in donegal town

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

New phone shop opened on Main St, Lkenny. Beside Bliss and Heel to Toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Roma Pizza (caspian pizza rebranded, is roma a franchise ?) pauls car park donegal town

Roma Pizza (caspian pizza rebranded, is roma a franchise ?) pauls car park donegal town

Is it the same people as before? I'm surprised Caspian was open as long as it was as I hardly seen anyone eat in there.

Barber shop in Glencar, behind the Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Yet another phone shop in Letterkenny. "Fonez" where Doherty's butcher shop/food market used to be on Main St.
    The name alone is enough to put me off

Roma has closed now as well by the looks of things, only opened a week.

byte

Really? That didn't last long.

• Advertisement

Family Foods opening in Carrigart.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Not sure how much truth is in it but someone told me Home Store & More is opening where Cooney's is.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Not sure how much truth is in it but someone told me Home Store & More is opening where Cooney's is.

Ogalas the owner of Homestore and more were granted planning to add a mezzanine floor and signage (home store + More) in the unit currently occupied by cooneys http://www.donegalcdb.ie/eplan/internetenquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=1751157

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone know if there is any truth that there is Supermacs coming to Letterkenny down near the shopping centre?

henke wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is any truth that there is Supermacs coming to Letterkenny down near the shopping centre?

The council have asked them to submit a revised plan for a two storey drive through on the site of Tinney's yard following objections from local residents around traffic, littering and possible late night anti-social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Is that on the side near Aldi? I'd imagine traffic could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

No its on a site betwwwn Jones Oil and the roundabout.

It's the vacant lot on the left as you exit the Station Roundabout heading out the Derry road. Where Tinney's coal yard used to be. I think Tesco had applied for permission to build a filling station and when they lost an appeal against it they sold the site to Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

It's the vacant lot on the left as you exit the Station Roundabout heading out the Derry road. Where Tinney's coal yard used to be. I think Tesco had applied for permission to build a filling station and when they lost an appeal against it they sold the site to Supermacs.

And the same individual with a nearby petrol station / deli counter is again strongly objecting. Whatever happened to fair competition huh :D:pac:

• Advertisement

IP freely wrote: »
    And the same individual with a nearby petrol station / deli counter is again strongly objecting. Whatever happened to fair competition huh :D:pac:

Aww be fair. This time it's local residents who are concerned about late night noise and anti social activity. Could be some of the people living in the apartment block across the street. ;)

Advertisement