Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AmmithakaRuth

A 3rd gen remake would be CLASS.
    But, say, 25€ on X+Y

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

An Absol evolution is not acceptable unless it turns into Venger from the D&D cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well, it's definitely a new form of Mewtwo, and not a new Pokemon as previously speculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

mother ****er went super saiyan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

yeah, pokemon is turning into form madness. I actually don't like all the form changes and stuff lately. I'd rather some gender based evolutions, so we don't have transgender pokemon ;>.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

More info 19th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I know Pokemon is one of the biggest games for Nintendo so with that in mind am I right in guessing the 3DS wont be coming down in price any time soon? I doubt a 3D ROM will work on the PC so I'd have to buy it to try it but that means buying the actual system too. Any chance of it working on the DS or is it definitely only 3DS?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

3DS only I'm afraid. I had to save up for and buy a 3DS myself.

Angron wrote: »
    3DS only I'm afraid. I had to save up for and buy a 3DS myself.

Damn. Thanks though. It's hard to justify the price for just one game. Saying that, I did buy the GB, GBC and the DS specifically for Pokemon games. Dont think I've got a non Pokemon game since Gold and Silver came out :o

We'll see when it comes out, hopefully it either drops in price or they do a package deal. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know that feeling, I've only ever had the Nintendo handhelds to play Pokemon games too :pac: I really didn't want this one to be 3DS only, I'd been hoping to get a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake before they made the leap to 3D.

Still, I can't complain too much, we got a decent amount of games for the DS, so hopefully we'll get loads for the 3DS too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The 3ds is currently going through something of a renaissance with an abundance of quality releases in the last couple of months (fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Monster hunter to name but a few) joining an already impressive catalogue (sm3dl, mk7, re:r, doa:d and many other fine acronyms!), with more on the way - pokémon, Zelda, animal crossing. It's a good time to make the switch. The price has already come down, with the Italian amazon site shipping XLs for under 150. Join us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Loving the goat pokemon!

Just gonna edit the thread title in case people want to stay spoiler free!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camster 123

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I know Pokemon is one of the biggest games for Nintendo so with that in mind am I right in guessing the 3DS wont be coming down in price any time soon? I doubt a 3D ROM will work on the PC so I'd have to buy it to try it but that means buying the actual system too. Any chance of it working on the DS or is it definitely only 3DS?

3DS i'm afraid but you can get them pretty darn cheap online ^_^ check amazon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not too sure about the mounts(can`t I rent a car like the one you run past) but that Ivy covered Goat is such a cool design. I was quietly impressed by the environment in the video too, was expecting worse tbh.
    Now Ninty hurry up and show us the 3DSXL Bundle you`ll be releasing for this.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Not too sure about the mounts(can`t I rent a car like the one you run past) but that Ivy covered Goat is such a cool design. I was quietly impressed by the environment in the video too, was expecting worse tbh.
    Now Ninty hurry up and show us the 3DSXL Bundle you`ll be releasing for this.

Don't forget, the player is only 10 or so.

you get to actually sit down now? o0 now why would you bother with that.

Looking good though actually, making really consider a 3ds >.>

I was wondering the same. Surely the resources could be used better than that? Same with rotating the camera, it doesnt need to be done. Use those resources for something actually useful.

The match animations look fairly good tho.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was wondering the same. Surely the resources could be used better than that? Same with rotating the camera, it doesnt need to be done. Use those resources for something actually useful.

The match animations look fairly good tho.

I imagine sitting beside certain people at certain times can trigger convo's which lead on to stuff. Otherwise meh

• Advertisement

Don't forget, the player is only 10 or so.
    God your 100% right, maybe ring Mom for a lift then?
    Its the least she could do after making you travelling to your new home in the back of a truck in an earlier title.
    Maybe you can go to the toilet now :confused:
    I`d like to see it used for taking pics using the gyroscope to move around the camera, perhaps to take a pic of a wild Zubat.

Its the least she could do after making you travelling to your new home in the back of a truck in an earlier title.

I`d like to see it used for taking pics using the gyroscope to move around the camera, perhaps to take a pic of a wild Zubat.

One of the rarest pokemons, I hear it's almost legendary status

Damn it, now I wanna play Pokémon Snap.

Damn it, now I wanna play Pokémon Snap.

I was actually thinking of Beyond Good and Evil when I typed that. :P

Tweej wrote: »
    More info 19th May.

This ended up being news that every week on Pokemon Smash(some kinda Pokemon TV show in Japan) there will be a section dedicated to Pokemon X & Y. I guess we`re gonna be drip fed news.
    http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49778/pokemon-x-and-y-news-coming-every-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Im really hoping the way you can ride a pokemon will get rid of the need for HMs.

Where certain pokemon can do certain tasks, like the goat being able to scale walls, but hes not unlocked in the wild until you achieve a certain task like beating a gym. Really fed up of having to carry HM slaves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

wobbles wrote: »
    Really fed up of having to carry HM slaves

They all but eliminated the need to use HM's in Black. They were much more optional than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

Indeed, Cut almost never came up, Strength blocks stayed out of the way once moved, leaving just surf and fly... Which riding pokemon would actually eliminate the need for... O_O

They all but eliminated the need to use HM's in Black. They were much more optional than before.

But you still needed them to "fully finish" the game. To grab one or two extras.

It'll be great if they're removed completely.
    Like all flying pokemon should be able to fly you from town to town.
    Heck why not just have a teleportar in the pokecenter even XD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But you still needed them to "fully finish" the game. To grab one or two extras.

It'll be great if they're removed completely.
    Like all flying pokemon should be able to fly you from town to town.
    Heck why not just have a teleportar in the pokecenter even XD.

Except Dodrio. Dodrio should not be able to fly.

Advertisement