Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

All starters confirmed as pure water/grass/fire types

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Arawn wrote: »
    All starters confirmed as pure water/grass/fire types
    Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Denny M wrote: »
    Link?

Apparently Bulbasaur has been the only dual-starter type ever? :confused:

http://pokebeach.com/#chespin-fennekin-and-froakies-types-revealed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No that actually sounds right. Turtwig/Torchic/chimchar/tepig/mudkip/piplup don't gain their secondary types till they evolve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I can see that being the explanation for it being the "only" dual type starter. I actually misunderstood though, I thought it was saying they'd be pure typed for all their evolutions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oh I wasn't doubting it, it just seems strange that they did that.

I'm quite interested to see how they handle old pokemon. They could a ruby/sapphire thing where you have to wait for the next set of games to get more mons, although that seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Most likely there will be another transfer method to sllow you to bring Pokemon from Black/White/Black2/White2 into X and Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sequel confirmed

230728_243416035792243_1234572676_n.png

Hmmm if he was a starter it wouldn't be that bad, doubt you'd run into too many in caves then. Enters cave_ Dununalunualnana do.do.da.de.do A wild Goldbat appeared ARGH. Your Zubat has evolved into a ZUBAT, 5% more Zubatier. It now attracts Zubat on grass, in sand, on a fishing rod and indoors. When it evolves further you can also invade friends games* Demon Souls style.
    *Doesn't even have to be a Pokemon game.

Picking up a second hand 3DS today. Couldn't wait even a few months to get it, have to be prepared! :P

• Advertisement

Picking up a second hand 3DS today. Couldn't wait even a few months to get it, have to be prepared! :P

That's awesome :) you should come to the Dublin pokemon league, make you plenty prepared :D

I have been meaning to come along, I'm in Gamers World often enough anyway! What Pokémon versions do yous play? I'm currently playing Emerald but I have my teams from Heartgold, Diamond & Firered all living in my Heartgold and will have my Emerald team imported to it too when I'm done with it. I have a team in White too but I haven't looked at the game since finishing the league (meaning to get back to it :P)

We play all the games :D from red to black 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Wobbuffet wrote: »
    Most likely there will be another transfer method to sllow you to bring Pokemon from Black/White/Black2/White2 into X and Y

I'd say this is almost guaranteed. The only time you couldn't do cross-gen was Gen 2-3, and that was probably more for technical reasons than anything else.

I just hope it's not gonna require two consoles again.
    Unless it's full trading functionality like they had from Gen 1-2. That would be kind of cool to have again.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    They could a ruby/sapphire thing where you have to wait for the next set of games to get more mons, although that seems unlikely.

I think that's very likely, except I don't think they'll necessarily make you wait just for those games to get those Pokémon. I think it would be cool if instead of a full remake, you could get Hoenn as a DLC (maybe ~€20?). Then you'd have all the Pokémon in the same game, and get all the badges on one trainer card etc.

Sort of looks like an Eevee crossed with a Victini. I wonder what type it's supposed to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

looks like they're introducing "Gay" as the 18th type. It was only a matter of time. The strengths and weaknesses will be a political minefield though....

The colour scheme (same palette as Audino) and aspects of the look make me think it's going to be Normal. I suppose it's only fair that Eevee get to evolve for competitive strength without changing it's type. Bet if it does go Normal it'll have a move or ability that changes it's type in battle.

I'd always pictured Eevee's normal evolution being more like a larger, maybe fluffier looking, Eevee. I reckon you're right though, that looks more likely to be the normal type than any of the other types available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Psychic maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Psychic maybe??

Espeon?

One of the last eeveeloutions I know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Espeon?

One of the last eeveeloutions I know :pac:

durrrrrrr stupid moment of me

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

But the in-game (or anime, can't remember -- pretty official in any case) explanation of Eevee's ability to evolve into so many different types is to allow it to adapt to different circumstances. Evolving into the same type it already is, doesn't fit in with that.

Not saying it's absolutely not normal, just that I think it's more likely to be something else. The name isn't much help. All the others' Japanese names were really obvious about the type (and derived from English).

The only thing I think it sounds like is "nymph", which only fits in with Grass or Psychic or maybe Ghost at a push (unless I'm underestimating the creativity of the staff at the Pokémon Company).

Though the name could be a hint towards the rumour that female Eevee's evolve into this (what type I'm not sure) and male Eevee's into something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

It really looks more like Fennekin than Eevee, to my eyes :P

Any chance of electric, or is there already one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Any chance of electric, or is there already one?

Only an original.
    jolteon_by_kankakanka.jpg

I'm blaming the fact that I was trying to remember the newer ones so I forgot the originals :pac:

With that done, I'm thinking normal too from a purely visual point of view. Looking at the type list, poison is the only other maybe for me.

I think it's a Normal type, when I first saw it I thought of Delcatty and I always thought Delcatty looks like a Normal evolution of Eevee

English name of Ninfia is Sylveon. I still think that makes it sound like a Normal type

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I just saw this thread now and I'm just wondering will Pokemon X + Y be JUST for the 3DS? or normal nintendos too ?

• Advertisement

It's gonna be just 3DS

Advertisement