Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think this has been proven fake by Pokébeach... or some other site like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Except now Pokebeach seems to be changing their minds and leaning towards it being genuine. I'm sure we'll find out one way or another from Pokemon Smash tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hmmmm....Looks less like a pre-evo and more like a Manaphy/Phione relationship - as if the NewMew grew out of Mewtwo's penile "front-tail", hence it having the tail on the back of it's head. I'm going to go with Gamma-ray induced spontaneous asexual reproduction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well giving a legendary a proper evolution/prevolution relationship would just seem wrong to me somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

The dna splicers really open up a lot of stuff for legendaries just a thought. Also if it is a new oure mewtwo type it looks psychic/fight type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

That mewtwo looks more feminine than good old mewtwo we are used to. Maybe male/female.

The altered genetics sound more promising though. Going by how mewtwo came into existance, maybe another villian has decided to try create an awesome pokemon.

I hope its not an evolution, mewtwo is too badass to evolve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

but aren't they planning on bringing mewtwo in the next movie? makes sense that it's some 'alternate' form of mewtwo. Since the designers seem to be all about alternate forms lately (black&white 2) ~groans~
    ~opens up lookalike digimon~ Y_Y

I know it's not confirmed yet, but even if that one is false, something similar is likely ):

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

wobbles wrote: »
    I hope its not an evolution, mewtwo is too badass to evolve

Damn straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

CianRyan wrote: »
    I don't like these baby Pokémon when in the last game their evolved forms were popping out of the egg at lv1.
    WHY NO EVOLVE?!

Be careful what you wish for. That's the whole reason the incense thing exists: consistency. So if you bred a Snorlax in Gen II, you got Snorlax, because it wasn't holding Full Incense. Which didn't yet exist.

The Incense thing used to drive me crazy, but at least in Gen V you can just buy them.

GameFreak are very uptight about making sure the game stays consistent, insofar as when there is a/n (pre-)evolved form that didn't exist before, it's nearly always explained because we didn't have X item before. I can't think of a case where it wasn't, but I won't rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Be careful what you wish for. That's the whole reason the incense thing exists: consistency. So if you bred a Snorlax in Gen II, you got Snorlax, because it wasn't holding Full Incense. Which didn't yet exist.

The Incense thing used to drive me crazy, but at least in Gen V you can just buy them.

GameFreak are very uptight about making sure the game stays consistent, insofar as when there is a/n (pre-)evolved form that didn't exist before, it's nearly always explained because we didn't have X item before. I can't think of a case where it wasn't, but I won't rule it out.

Pikachu, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, pretty much any that were introduced in Gen II. I'm fairly sure they didnt have to hold anything. Just a Pikachu and a Ditto produced a Pichu.

• Advertisement

I guess they'll just put that down to the whole breeding thing not being implemented. When you first went to that Mr. Pokemon guy in G/S you got the egg and it was a big deal wasn't it? I know it's flimsy reasoning, but it's probably the best we'll get.

I think no. That artwork doesn't look like normal pokemon artwork, it looks kinda sloppy, and everything underneath that is clearly a joke.

6 v 6 battles, every 5th encounter a Zubat, gain abilities by levelling, moveable level cap, and so on.

Also, I won't take something from the cheez burger site as undeniable truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon smash will reveal new X+ Y info this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camster 123

Angron wrote: »
    I think no. That artwork doesn't look like normal pokemon artwork, it looks kinda sloppy, and everything underneath that is clearly a joke.

6 v 6 battles, every 5th encounter a Zubat, gain abilities by levelling, moveable level cap, and so on.

Also, I won't take something from the cheez burger site as undeniable truth.

I guess your right, anyone Japanese here?? :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

It's confirmed. New Mewtwo

mewtwo-forme.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So, Mewtwo's playing an androgynous parent in the new movie?

Not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

ditto angron, the new mewtwo is just, weird. Like his brain grew a tail XD

It's supposed to be a new pokemon entirely,mewthree ? :/

The DNA splicing idea makes sense. It could be a mixture of Mew and Mewtwo.

If it disposes of the need for more 'legendaries', I'm all for it. Originally, The boon of the tag was that these creatures were somehow rare, but with the introduction of so many 'rare' monsters over the years, you could easily fill up a couple of boxes on a game's PC with'em. I feel it kinda defeats the purpose, all said.

Yeah, that'd be a fine idea, it's just the look that I'm not overly fond of.

• Advertisement

I guess there wasn't a name released with the reveal then?

Newtwo, Mewtoo or GuessMew are my picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I guess there wasn't a name released with the reveal then?

Newtwo, Mewtoo or GuessMew are my picks.

Mewtwotwo?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Of all Gen I Pokémon to give a new form (or something) to, they could have picked worse.

Mewtwo at least makes sense since it was supposed to have been created artificially and then the experiment went wrong (or something). Guess they decided to have another go at it.

I hope it's Mewthree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

... I like it!

tumblr_ml07pfYHvv1rw2cyro1_1280.png

Well, there we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Those pictures don't appear to match, so I'll doubt it until further notice. But I would like an Absol evo, even though Absol is epic even without one. Then I could give it an Eviolite and mitigate it's disgusting defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This new form thing is interesting, do all pokemon get a form or something? Drowzee gets a pre-evo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No only select ones. Legendaries and the like. Deoxys has like 5 formes doesn't it? 4?

Deoxys has normal, attack, defence, and speed I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

The Absol evo is a fake. Japanese names have a maximum of 5 characters, that one's name has six. Fake.

Advertisement