Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making every euro count ... great things under €1/€2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

grimm2005 wrote: »
    €1.49 for a 1 meter HDMI cable in Dealz. Just as good as any over priced cable as it's all digital in the end of the day.

You can also get a USB hub and a multi-card reader for €1.49 each.

Yeah picked up a couple of these yesterday.

Perfect length for behind the TV to connect the Sky Box & Blu Ray player.

As OP says there is no difference between a HDMI cable costing €1.49 or one costing €20+ HDMI works or it doesnt unlike the older Scart which had different quality levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the euroshops are selling jars of crushed garlic for €1.50. you get twice maybe 3 times the amount that you would in a tube that costs close to €3 in the supermarkets.
    i used it yesterday in a lasagne and made garlic butter with it, very good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 65,138 ✭✭✭✭unkel

the euroshops are selling jars of crushed garlic for €1.50. you get twice maybe 3 times the amount that you would in a tube that costs close to €3 in the supermarkets.

Also available in any asian shop. Cheaper than that again ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nolimits wrote: »
    A bottle opener shaped like a key, a steal at 1.22 including delivery from Hong Kong.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Key-Shaped-Beer-Bottle-Opener-Keyring-Chain-Metal-Tag-Pub-Bar-Club-Tool-Copper-/290829957648?pt=UK_Collectables_Breweriana_SM&hash=item43b6d0fa10

I got one of these a year or so ago, I don't drink from bottles often so it hasn't been used much but never let me down when I did use it. The shipping took a looooooong time though, think about 6 weeks, I'd forgotten I'd ordered it by the time it came.

I got one of these a few years back,,,, I wouldnt recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Went into the 2 euro shop:
    Fairy wash up liquid €1
    Finish dishwasher tabs 15pk €2
    Aqua Fresh mouthwash €1
    Domestos 750ml €1
    Pledge floor cleaner 1L €1.50
    Anti bac spray €1
    Kileen bin bags €1
    Colgate toothpaste mint €1
    Cleaning products are the sameso why pay more? Also Dealz sell 4 cans of coca cola for€1.49, my local is €0.99 for one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Davy wrote: »
    I got one of these a few years back,,,, I wouldnt recommend it.

had one as well pretty cool lucking but lack robustness!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aldi's tomato relishes at €1.79 are a steal at that price. Yum yum

love this, way nicer than Ballymaloe country relish, and cheaper too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nolimits wrote: »
    A bottle opener shaped like a key, a steal at 1.22 including delivery from Hong Kong.

Something similar but just as useless:
    Nail clippers shaped like a rally car @ 1 and 2 euro in Pennys Galway (apparently they look good on your desk). They also had those ice grip things for shoes and some kind of speaker you stick your iPhone into reduced to 2/3 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dicey Reillys serve pints for €2 on a Tuesday. The same pints are sold for 3.50 on a Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dicey Reillys serve pints for €2 on a Tuesday. The same pints are sold for 3.50 on a Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Wouldn't fancy drinking a pint someone else had already drunk, especially if it was dearer. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Red pesto from aldi is I think 79c. Makes a change from buying it in other supermarkets for close to €2 for a brand name.

Same goes for orange juice too. I pay 75c in aldi for a litre when squeeze would be 1.50 as far as I know maybe more.

Oh and if I'm buying frames I go to deals or Mr price as I can get a nice frame for less than 2 quid instead of paying nearly 7 (which I have seen in certain shops and pharmacies)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Same goes for orange juice too. I pay 75c in aldi for a litre when squeeze would be 1.50 as far as I know maybe more.
    Which 1l orange juice in Aldi is 75c :confused:

snubbleste wrote: »
    Which 1l orange juice in Aldi is 75c :confused:
    It's in the blue container, the name escapes me at the moment, del something.
    I could be wrong on the price though apologies if I am.

Must be 99c or more

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It could be the Del Rivo From Concentrate orange juice maybe?

I normally buy the Del Rivo Not From Concentrate orange juice, which is €1.49 I think. It's much much nicer than the From Concentrate orange juice (either Del Rivo, Squeez or any other brand), and it also cheaper than Dunnes/Tesco/Supervalu's own brand version of Not From Concentrate orange juice (typically €1.99). The Not From Concentrate orange juice scored higher than Tropicana in a Which? taste test back in August 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

aldi 20c noodles...got me through college last year...

Must be 99c or more
    It's definitely less than 99c

I get the from concentrate one so its not too expensive.

It's definitely less than 99c
    I get the from concentrate one so its not too expensive.
    Tesco value orange juice is 99c. It can't be less than that. I'll pop into Aldi later on and see what they charge for the blue carton del something from concentrate orange juice.

I checked Aldi.
    The concentrated orange juice is 99c or €1.09 from the fridge.

• Advertisement

I checked Aldi.

I admit im wrong. I could have sworn it was 75c but i must have been thinking about something else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What are you snubbleste, the juice police?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

phasers wrote: »
    What are you snubbleste, the juice police?

yeah, she'll squeeze the correct information outta ya! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Little Ted wrote: »
    yeah, she'll squeeze the correct information outta ya! :p

Come on people, concentrate ,concentrate !!!!!!!! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

I checked Aldi.
    Best value Orange Juice around at the moment is Fruice (from concentrate) in Tescos.
    Cost €1.60 each or 2 for €2.50. Use 2 x 60 c off Fruice Juice coupons from Pigsback.ie and you get two for €1.30 - 65 cents per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

quite a few of my regular aldi purchases are already mentioned here like red kidney beans, country relishes (check out the chargrilled pepper one - yum!) and 79c gourmet jelly beans :)

some other items I always buy at aldi are:
    6 pack lynch's pitta breads @ 59c
    grandessa seville orange marmalade @1.49
    1.5kg kavanaghs porridge oats @ €1.39
    80 mcgraths gold blend tea bags @€;1.49 / reserve blend €1.69 - both are great

they also sell a great mixed seed range (pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds) @ €1.19 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Picked up Dunnes own branded jars of bolognese sauce,white sauce, etc few different flavours(mushroom, spicy etc) are all €1 at the moment.

They are lovely even a their full price.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I used to buy the Tesco Value Tortilla Chips for €1, but now I see they've been increased to €1.05 since Xmas.

You'll flip at this so. They used to be 17 cent. Exact same bag, chip and size. Twas about 5 years ago though.

Aldi/Lidl veg in general is brilliant value.

59cent Mozzarella balls are very good value in Aldi.
    €1.39 8 jumbo sausages in Aldi are deliciousness and really are jumbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Ah, they're not.

Most of what's in Aldi and Lidl is cheaper for a reason. Use to be a Fan but have gradually been moving back to Dunnes for alot of stuff.

They're was a Thread here awhile back with recommendations for stuff in their shops, bought most of it, dog ate alot of it.

Lifes to short for the sake of a few euro.

Think you're in the minority here. I'm a massive chocoholic, have eaten expensive brands and standard chocolate and I think this is divine. I like G&B but it wouldn't be often I'd buy it for €3.

You'll flip at this so. They used to be 17 cent. Exact same bag, chip and size. Twas about 5 years ago though.

Aldi/Lidl veg in general is brilliant value.

59cent Mozzarella balls are very good value in Aldi.
    €1.39 8 jumbo sausages in Aldi are deliciousness and really are jumbo.

17c!!!!!!!! I used to pay 50p for them in Tesco UK, moved back home and of course they were €1.... hmm, that conversion's a bit off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Must be 99c or more

The blue Del XXXX one in Aldi is 99c. Was in there yesterday.

It wasnt the Del Rivo one, it was Del OrXX or similar in a blue carton.

Advertisement