Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending New Years Eve on your Own?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dartz wrote: »
    I had an entire bottle of something called demi-sec all to myself...

And I can't find my car keys.

Hate that.
    keep looking, Don't give up.
    Always the last place you look:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is the darts starting soon :confused: I'm bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Now lets look at it ... :pac:

Currently the people out in pubs are realising "new years eve" has turned into just another night out :P The bar is packed, getting home will be hell, getting food afterwards is going to be terrible too.

Of course some will have an amazing night, many wont as the 'appeal' has worn off by now :P

*lights cozy fire & sips on beer*... lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Now lets look at it ... :pac:

Currently the people out in pubs are realising "new years eve" has turned into just another night out :P The bar is packed, getting home will be hell, getting food afterwards is going to be terrible too.

Of course some will have an amazing night, many wont as the 'appeal' has worn off by now :P

*lights cozy fire* ... lol.

I pity da fool who doesn't stay at home, on new years eve! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I pity da fool who doesn't stay at home, on new years eve! :mad:

Quit your jibber-jabber! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Quit your jibber-jabber! :P

Gonna meet ,my friend Paiiin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah nah gaaaah harumph humbug. Why are ye all so happy about being on yere own?!? Is there not any fellow-Boardsies to sympathy-wallow with me?! :( Was out but left! People were getting on my boobs so I just said f*%k this now and upped and left. :( But I want to go out now! :( I would love to be out now! :( But am neither here nor there and am at a loose end, pure boring, a house-party would be cool. :( Ah it must be so so nice for a normal night out to a normal person to be just normal, ah it is but a dream to my abnormal self..... :rolleyes: I want a curry-fries and a Cornetto now, feic whoever mentionned them! :pac: Will someone bring them to me please. :/

Anyways this going out thing never seems to work out, I just don't think I'll bother anymore, - that'll be my New Year's Resolution, just don't bother my hat, nope, not even once, just don't, don't do it. I'll stay in bed anymore and not get out of the bed. At all. At all. So there.

/IHateLife

<non-related> On a side-note did Whoopsiesdaisiesdoodlesboobies change her name back to doodles?! :) </non-related>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

My new g/f is going through a split so she said she'd have to be back for the kids to see new year in. But she came out to see me about 7:30pm we went to get a chinese take away (we were going to stay but weren't really dressed appropriately and think was fully booked anyway) we then parked up in a car park, stuffed our faces then cuddled for a while. She went home and we carried on texting on watsapp. I sent a few recordings of the fireworks and the boat horns and we had a good time. We might not have been together but we had the next best thing. Next year will be different as we will be living together.

This year has been eventful with me spliting from my ex after 6 years, but just before Xmas I met this gorgeous lady and we are hopelessly in love (buckets are available from the foyer) so I got the best Xmas present ever and the best start to a new year. You might say New year, New Love, New Life. All the best for 2013 everyone even those who hate new year !

Can you ask her does she have any single eligible brothers?! :D :P

Bored outta my tree. Not even food will un-bore me at this point. Meh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Had planned to go out on the razz with a few mates, then came down with a flu this morning. Just spent a really lovely night in with my mum and dad watching the beggar's-sack that is 'The Gathering' and having a few whiskeys. Much, much better than contrived NY 'celebrations' in a ****ty Dundalk pub! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Now sick

Best new year's alone ever.

Is everyone sick like or what's the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Fuk I had a great time! :D Got plenty of hugs from random girls saying how lovely I was, plenty of craic going and I got an invite to a stag in Kilkenny by a a random guy and his mates in October and headed to supermax for curry cheese chips afterwards.

The only downside there was is I didn't get to hit up with the guy I'm seeing now, and that's the thing I wanted. Bar that though, twas good enough;D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I only wish i had spent it alone............

Sure why wouldn't ya. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

confuseddotcom sorry she only has sisters and one's a lesbian :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I wished I stayed at home, I never get emotional but cried 3 times tonight (only had 4 drinks, so wasn't the alcohol). Was chatting to a guy and he Said I need to smile more that its like I have a big shadow over, me, guess what I started crying. I hope this is not s taster of what's to come in 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

blacklilly wrote: »
    I wished I stayed at home, I never get emotional but cried 3 times tonight (only had 4 drinks, so wasn't the alcohol). Was chatting to a guy and he Said I need to smile more that its like I have a big shadow over, me, guess what I started crying. I hope this is not s taster of what's to come in 2013

Look sher new year, new beginnings, if you take too much time thinking about the past, it will consume your present and future.
    Happy 2013 blacklilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I never believe the people who stayed in and say it was "the best night I ever had"
    Who remembers 'that night they stayed in and watched telly'???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Ficheall

he Said I need to smile more that its like I have a big shadow over me
    Hopefully he'll remove that from his repertoire of chat-up lines then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sure why wouldn't ya. ;):D

Ramsin Tamsin cassette gumbo.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

2012 was actually a good year for me, that's why I can't understand why I was upset. My friend who knows me all my life has never seen me like that. Anyway hopefully 2013 will be as good as 2012 and there'll be no more crying

2012 was actually a good year for me, that's why I can't understand why I was upset. My friend who knows me all my life has never seen me like that. Anyway hopefully 2013 will be as good as 2012 and there'll be no more crying

Everyone needs a good cry now and then and maybe 2012 was so good that your body needed to get it out of its system before 2013 arrived :D seriously though, you shouldn't cry over what men say in clubs or bars. I've made loads of women cry in clubs and have literally no idea what I said to them that could evoke such a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Yeah, I never saw you like that before, it was so embarrassing. You won't be going drinking with us again..

Everyone needs a good cry now and then and maybe 2012 was so good that your body needed to get it out of its system before 2013 arrived :D seriously though, you shouldn't cry over what men say in clubs or bars. I've made loads of women cry in clubs and have literally no idea what I said to them that could evoke such a response.
    I think the guy got a shock when the tears started rolling down my face, I know I shouldn't cry over what some stranger says to me but right then and there it seemed to touch a nerve....strange. anyways happy new years everyone;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Spent NYE here, on the couch, in my comfy bathroom having just had a bubblebath watching Prometeus with beer and crisps.

Happy as a pig in....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I think the guy got a shock when the tears started rolling down my face, I know I shouldn't cry over what some stranger says to me but right then and there it seemed to touch a nerve....strange. anyways happy new years everyone;)

Happy New Year :D

I've just googled Ramsin Tamsin cassette gumbo to see what the heck the dude with the Bodhrán was on about and this Thread came up! :o:D

On a random side-note, could anyone tell me how ya pronounce Bourke?! Is it Bourke like Rourke or is it a fancy Burke with an o? :)

I'm hungry......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I've just googled Ramsin Tamsin cassette gumbo to see what the heck the dude with the Bodhrán was on about and this Thread came up! :o:D

On a random side-note, could anyone tell me how ya pronounce Bourke?! Is it Bourke like Rourke or is it a fancy Burke with a u? :)

i think its just burke?

• Advertisement

On a random side-note, could anyone tell me how ya pronounce Bourke?! Is it Bourke like Rourke or is it a fancy Burke with a u? :)

I'm hungry......

Fancy burke with a U :D

Advertisement