Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending New Years Eve on your Own?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Staying in with a load of food, good tv and chilling. Only way to spend New Year's Eve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I'm staying in too. One child in bed & the other 2 are going up at 10. Have no nice food in & definitely no drink in this house. My DH is an alcoholic & we are splitting up. So not in the mood to party but looking forward to whatever 2013 brings. Can't be any worse than 2012.

Chin up babes, we're thinking of you :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Was out earlier for a few pints and dinner with some friends. Back in the comfort of my own home now. Relaxing with tv, boards, food and drink suits me fine.

Is there anything on telly tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

SFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Woo Woo

Sons asleep, husband asleep, so just me and my Pinot! Just waiting for Jools to come on!

SFA

Alot of people on here seem to be watching Jools Holland. Must have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

At home on my own, wouldn't want it any other way tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Alan Carr on Channel 4 has been very funny

sgb wrote: »
    Alan Carr on Channel 4 has been very funny

Who was on it?

• Advertisement

Who was on it?

Alan Carr and his brother jimmy

Jimmy Carr - I can leave him or take him!

Did anyone ever see that first show he was ever on where the audience had to rate people's attractiveness? It was shocking for the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not on my own but quiet night in beside the fire and out of the cold. I'd be out otherwise but most of my friends are working tonight :/ Would love to be out but not worth it its just a crazy night out!

Will have a glass of wine on hand shortly while bringing in the new year, tired anyway so bit hitting the pillow not long after midnight - roll on 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Me and misses in bed. Two dogs going crazy around the room due to all the fireworks outside. Actually there were quite a few!!!

Feck all on TV, I offered misses to watch some movie, but she just went "meh". Just waiting for sister to call from Austria and will go to sleep.

Dunno why, but I completely meh about holidays this year. First year we don't celebrate any of these holidays. And that's not, because of some fight, family problem etc. all is good, just we decided to relax and have a quiet stay in at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Who was on it?

Try the tv remote and check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kfallon wrote: »
    At home on my own, wouldn't want it any other way tbh

So you never noticed the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not much on I suppose just watch something to ring in the new year!

doovdela wrote: »
    Not much on I suppose just watch something to ring in the new year!

Lord of the ______________ my precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

At home, watching Holmes Inspection. How do these people not know their house is shíte?? Note to self- never believe the home inspection.

If only the parents would head off to bed so I can lounge around and eat the toffee popcorn I've hidden.:) Oh, and the can of fat Coke! And Haribo....and Galaxy bar.

Happy (Almost) New Year folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Alot of people on here seem to be watching Jools Holland. Must have a look.
    Will watch this too.

I see the Dubliners are making an appearance too. Last one before they finish up (as the Dubliners)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Its me and graham norton at the mo.

Anyone else think Billy Crystal looks strange??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Pj! wrote: »
    Will watch this too.

I see the Dubliners are making an appearance too. Last one before they finish up (as the Dubliners)?

Must switch over....sadly RTE's offering has not delivered (big surprise!). A measly 5 mins. of Bell XI, followed by the usual inane studio banter:rolleyes:

Its all yours Jools!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Just past midnight here.

Happy new Year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Just past midnight here.

Merry New Year to ya squire.

Abin car and his mudder jwimmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

hootenannys just started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Kick-Ass on RTE2 now, sweet.

Just past midnight here.

Where are ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Had friends over last night and family over tomorrow for dinner. Thats made New Year for me. New years eve too manic so very happy tonight in PJ's,glass of red and looking forward to 2013! Happy New Year All...:D

• Advertisement

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Must switch over....sadly RTE's offering has not delivered (big surprise!). A measly 5 mins. of Bell XI, followed by the usual inane studio banter:rolleyes:

Its all yours Jools!!

Had a look at Julie and Julia here. Not bad but not exciting enough for New Years Eve! I actually think the telly's halfway decent, looking at Graham Norton at the mo. A run of Fr.Teds are on now as well for anyone wanting uncomplicated viewing.

I thought I was out of drink (I hadnt drank that much) and was like ah no won't have a drink for the New Year, then found a cold can of Carlsberg at the back of the fridge, happy days!

Advertisement