Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

How has Frazer not been "pipe bombed" yet?

Spa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Will the Oireactas have all the EU flags flying during their protest ? Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

this is quoted from the same article..
    In November Irish Prime Minister Enda Kennedy said he will tell the UK government and European leaders there is a need for a public inquiry into the murder of Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane.

the Belfast Telegraph haven't a clue when they dont even know the name of the Taoiseach

And before anyone at the Telegraph gets a chance to correct this... I have preserved it for all eternity in this screen-capture of the article. (last paragraph at the bottom)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Fcuking gob****es just want to cause trouble.

They are running out f people who care in the north, protests have drastically dropped in attendance, this is a desperate attempt to resuscitate things.... and Willie Frazer is a sectarian bastard who never misses a chance to whip things up...

He'll be after the Italian embassy next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nodin wrote: »

...I thanked that without knowing what a "wab" is. Something bad, presumably.

Belfast slang for a dick . :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Spa

Comments like this sum up the stupidity that somes to the fore whenever Northern Ireland is discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I heard they are boarding the ferry next week to protest in France, Germany and Spain...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

He thinks the Taoiseach's name is Enda Kennedy. Educated folk up there indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Lapin wrote: »
    Comments like this sum up the stupidity that somes to the fore whenever Northern Ireland is discussed.

You are just mad that I unthanked your post the other day.

I genuinely am surprised a sh1t stirer like Frazer has not been killed in a typical Northern Ireland fashion. There's no point in inferring that my comment is typical of generic "off the cuff ignorance" regarding events up north.

It was not meant in "True AH style". It is a legitimate comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

You are just mad that I unthanked your post the other day.

I genuinely am surprised a sh1t stirer like Frazer has not been killed in a typical Northern Ireland fashion. There's no point in inferring that my comment is typical of generic "off the cuff ignorance" regarding events up north.

It was not meant in "True AH style". It is a legitimate comment.
    He's a top Irish comedian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Spa

Same way Gerry Adams and Ian Paisley were never killed, they'd become martyrs

IvySlayer wrote: »

Fair point. Plus, there's always someone to "take over".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Spa

Because no loyalist paramilitary group would waste a pipe-bomb never mind a republican one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

Can we not just build a big cage around N.I and let them get on with things? We can drop rations over to them every now and again vis a vis The Hunger Games. The fact that some people are FOR a united Ireland is cray cray, wouldn't be worth it at all, not mention we wouldn't be able to afford it.

I also love how he mentions in the article, "his countries flag" referring to the Union Jack, what about this one?

600px-Ulster_banner.svg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I remember watching a doc about uvf/uda members at the height of the troubles and one of them, who grew up in a chav part of Belfast said that he actually believed that if there was a UI people were going to come up from Galway, Clare and Waterford to kill them all. Some of them actually believed this in their heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can we not just build a big cage around N.I and let them get on with things?

No.

Some of us like to visit our friends and relatives up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Can we not just build a big cage around N.I and let them get on with things? We can drop rations over to them every now and again vis a vis The Hunger Games. The fact that some people are FOR a united Ireland is cray cray, wouldn't be worth it at all, not mention we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Great idea. Let's completely cut off access to one of our biggest markets. Sure why not build a big cage around Dublin as well, keep the scumbags from robbin all us poor country folk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Great idea. Let's completely cut off access to one of our biggest markets. Sure why not build a big cage around Dublin as well, keep the scumbags from robbin all us poor country folk :rolleyes:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i could but i wont , peace and goowill and all that ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

dj jarvis wrote: »
    only scumbag i can see here is you
    retard

Could I interest you in a sarcasm detector. It's barely been used.

• Advertisement

dj jarvis wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i could but i wont , peace and goowill and all that ****e

Happy new year to you too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

You've completely missed the point of what I was saying. Next time have a think about what you're typing before you make a fool out of yourself

yea , look above , right back at ya

T'was a joke, sure how would me nanny go shopping in Newry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I also love how he mentions in the article, "his countries flag" referring to the Union Jack, what about this one?

Great progressive thinking there son, well done. Good luck in the junior cert.

Union Flag not Union Jack

T'was a joke, sure how would me nanny go shopping in Newry!

She'd just have to pay more for her vodka! While I'm in the form for getting thick over your posts...

I believe that flag was discontinued as the official NI flag after the suspension of the NI government in 1970? There's no 'official' NI flag at the moment?

Great progressive thinking there son, well done. Good luck in the junior cert.

Union Flag not Union Jack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

Union flag, commonly known as the union jack.

She'd just have to pay more for her vodka! While I'm in the form for getting thick over your posts...

I believe that flag was discontinued as the official NI flag after the suspension of the NI government in 1970? There's no 'official' NI flag at the moment?

You calling my nan an alcoholic? That's just cold, brah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

IvySlayer wrote: »

Gerry was constantly targetted and seriously wounded while Ian was left alone because the thinking was he did more for the Republican movement with his biggotted and belligerent spouting. He did more to damage the image of Unionists/Loyalists around the world than the IRA could ever have done. Many more have followed him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Why do people think the actions of one idiot with the support of under one hundred men represent unionism? Do we assume the men who planted the bomb under a police mans car yesterday represent everone who wants a united ireland? Unfortunately out of half a million people their will be a fair few wabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think those fools who are protesting should realise that for most of us in the South you couldn't pay us to take the border out of it at this point.

Imagine having to deal with skangers like those who are protesting on a daily basis, people who are too dumb to realise that they cost their own economy, which was on it's knees anyway a few million in Christmas trade by blocking up the streets. Only for the money Westminister pumps into NI every year I don't know what they would do.

It was good for us though because a lot of Nordies came down to Dublin to shop.

It probably pisses them off as well that things have never been as friendly between the Republic and Britain and they feel a bit left out up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement