Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist flag protesters to target Oireachtas tricolour in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Can we not just build a big cage around N.I and let them get on with things? We can drop rations over to them every now and again vis a vis The Hunger Games. The fact that some people are FOR a united Ireland is cray cray, wouldn't be worth it at all, not mention we wouldn't be able to afford it.

I also love how he mentions in the article, "his countries flag" referring to the Union Jack, what about this one?

600px-Ulster_banner.svg.png

I notice you are from Dublin 4.

Maybe we should build a massive cage around Dublin 4 and protect the rest of Ireland from the cartel of bankers, politicians. tribunal lawyers who assisted in the economic ruination of the Irish Republic.

Get your own house in order before you tar us all with the same brush.

And Happy New Year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

nordydan wrote: »
    I notice you are from Dublin 4.

Maybe we should build a massive cage around Dublin 4 and protect the rest of Ireland from the cartel of bankers, politicians. tribunal lawyers who assisted in the economic ruination of the Irish Republic.

Get your own house in order before you tar us all with the same brush.

And Happy New Year ;)

I was only joking! I thought the Hunger Games reference was suffice, didn't mean to offend.

And happy new year to you, Dan. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

A lot of the decent ppl in NI have emigrated over the years.

What they're left with is the scrapings of scum at the bottom of the barrel, on both sides of the 'divide'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

I was only joking! I thought the Hunger Games reference was suffice, didn't mean to offend.

And happy new year to you, Dan. :D

Send the D4-heads up to the Shankill road. See how they get on without their fois gras and bottle of Claret dear boy.

In return send the loyalists to Roly's Bistro for a decent meal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

A lot of the decent ppl in NI have emigrated over the years.

What they're left with is the scrapings of scum at the bottom of the barrel, on both sides of the 'divide'.

While it is true that a lot of people in NI have emigrated over the years to say what we are left with is the scrapings of scum is untrue for the vast majority of people.

I think you should clarify your comment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

gallag wrote: »
    I am confused, people seem to have misunderstood what I said. I said that this flag stunt is helping unionst partys because it is encouraging the people to vote which has been a problem for unionst partys. That means a lot of people are wakening up to democracy.

If you seriously think (hope) that this whole situation is going to ignite a wave of support from the apathetic unionists then I want some of what you are smoking mate, it must be good shít!

The back of the protest is broke, now it's just a handful of dickheads standing outside Belfast City hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

twinytwo wrote: »
    Thankfully there are 4.8 million of us that dont.

4,799,999 at the most :) I think Ireland should rejoin the commonwealth

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I hope they come down on dole day, to ensure all the scumbags are out and about :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

the_syco wrote: »
    I hope they come down on dole day, to ensure all the scumbags are out and about :P

That's what Dublin needs, a pitched battle between two lots of thugs.

Just like the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Nice guy Enda will probably have the flag already taken down to hand to Frazer just in case anyone would be getting upset.

No chance.

Edna already gave the flag to Angie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Take the Tri Colour down for them... the clowns in Dublin don't show it any respect anyway.. just have it done and throw up the German flag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

dar926 wrote: »
    Take the Tri Colour down for them... the clowns in Dublin don't show it any respect anyway.. just have it done and throw up the German flag

The German flag symbolises tomato sauce and mustard on black rye bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

karma_ wrote: »

If you seriously think (hope) that this whole situation is going to ignite a wave of support from the apathetic unionists then I want some of what you are smoking mate, it must be good shít!

The back of the protest is broke, now it's just a handful of dickheads standing outside Belfast City hall.
    I do think that the flag issue will encourage unionists to vote, is that not logical? There has been low unionist turn out at votes and has been awell known problem, and why do people keep mentioning the protesters They do not represent uniunionism, they are but a few hard liners/recurational rioters but make no mistake, this stunt has shown the unionist people who never botherd before the importance of voting and democracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pluto73

I am not into politics or religion or any of that crap but have always heard that the Uk cant dump Northern Ireland back on us because it is a prime location for launching missiles etc and the USA values it as part of their "friendship" with UK. Should a war start NI would be one of the first locations enemies of USA would try to seize ? Any truth in this ?

The strategic interest of the USA and UK in Northern Ireland ended with the advent of the nuclear age in 1945.

Which was coincidentally also when the British government's interest in Northern Ireland ended.At least until 1969 when certain events kicked off that looked bad on the telly.

But it's all sorted now (well almost). And if you could keep Willy for a while it would be much appreciated.Lock him up in Mountjoy - he'll love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I do think that the flag issue will encourage unionists to vote, is that not logical? There has been low unionist turn out at votes and has been awell known problem, and why do people keep mentioning the protesters They do not represent uniunionism, they are but a few hard liners/recurational rioters but make no mistake, this stunt has shown the unionist people who never botherd before the importance of voting and democracy!

Perhaps those "missing" voters voted for Alliance? Ya know the 6 councillors on Belfast City Council and that East Belfast MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

LOL what the heck do they think they're gonna achieve by going to dublin and trying to get our flag takin down. We are an independant nation they have no say or right to do this. They"re almost on similar lines with the westboro baptist church ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

LOL what the heck do they think they're gonna achieve by going to dublin and trying to get our flag takin down. We are an independant nation they have no say or right to do this. They"re almost on similar lines with the westboro baptist church ffs
    Don't insult the westboro baptist church!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

gurramok wrote: »

Perhaps those "missing" voters voted for Alliance? Ya know the 6 councillors on Belfast City Council and that East Belfast MP.
    Mabey, I guess we will see next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

I'll explain it.

" How would youse like it if somebody asked youse to take your flag down "

However daft it may seem , that's the point they're trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

lapsed wrote: »
    I'll explain it.

And my point being they are crossing the border into another country to try to get them to take down their national flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

i hope they all get seriously injured in some way and dont come back up here, no one gives a ****e about a bit of cloth on a metal stick.
    and how the psni are allowing them to illegally protest and block the roads ad do nothing about it, its pure shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mabey, I guess we will see next election.

Well, the Belfast Telegraph did pin a piece saying "we're all voting for Alliance party today" with stinging criticism of Unionism, that is unprecedented for that paper which is traditionally read by the Unionist electorate. Unionists will have a fight on their hand in the Council elections to keep Alliance out.http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/viewpoint/belfast-flag-violence-today-we-all-vote-for-the-alliance-party-16247565.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

karma_ wrote: »

That's very true, it's the way of things for Unionism/Loyalism, loads of noise and harumphing but they suck it up eventually because they know their positions are impossible to maintain. 'Garvaghy Road Never Never' all over again. Whatever happened that 'resolve'?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

gurramok wrote: »
    Well, the Belfast Telegraph did pin a piece saying "we're all voting for Alliance party today" with stinging criticism of Unionism, that is unprecedented for that paper which is traditionally read by the Unionist electorate. Unionists will have a fight on their hand in the Council elections to keep Alliance out.http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/viewpoint/belfast-flag-violence-today-we-all-vote-for-the-alliance-party-16247565.html

They're all voting alliance today, come an election they wont be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

We might need to have a review, consultation and dail vote on flying the Irish flag at leinster house? (hope the motion is carried myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

lapsed wrote: »
    I'll explain it.

But we never asked them to take their flag down, in fact we couldn't care less about their flag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

98940098_452335c6f7_m.jpg

Are ye ready lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I wonder will he turn up drunk like he usually does to things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Good man. So no flags will solve the unionist problem?

And the nationalist problem, yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What exactly is their rationale for asking us to take down our flag?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement