Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food You've Never Tasted.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Custardpi wrote: »
    When I was a kid, having watched way too much American television I tried making my own version of this US sandwich delicacy with strawberry jam & crunchy peanut butter. Probably one of the worst things I've ever made, managed about two bites & gave up, just tastes wrong for some reason. Americans, like many countries have foods that you really have to be brought up in their culture to enjoy eating (Vegemite would be the Australian equivalent). Note the mass outpouring of grief across the pond in recent months at the passing of the Hostess company who sold horribly sweet little balls of toxic waste masquerading as snacks of various kinds. Tried a few of them when in the States a few years ago & found them disgusting but plenty of people there adored them.

Hostess Twinkies. Eugh! Also rubbish are Hershey Bars... can't stand them :D

Was pleasantly surprised at their local and indie brews, mind. Most agreeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Things I haven't tasted that I would like to try:

Asparagus
    Pheasant
    Figs
    Scallops

Things I haven't tasted that I have no intention of trying:

Sushi
    Oysters
    Tripe
    Caviar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

old hippy wrote: »
    Hostess Twinkies. Eugh! Also rubbish are Hershey Bars... can't stand them :D

Was pleasantly surprised at their local and indie brews, mind. Most agreeable.

Must be the German influence?

Must be the German influence?

Possibly, I did visit a Germanic town called "Helen" while I was there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Stinicker wrote: »
    Durian, once you've tasted it you will wish you hadn't! Imagine rotten socks and burnt onions rolled into one! Not Nice!

i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 romeosensini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Stinicker wrote: »
    Durian, once you've tasted it you will wish you hadn't! Imagine rotten socks and burnt onions rolled into one! Not Nice!
    Frynge wrote: »
    i like it.

I like Durian too, but I have to agree with a description of that I read somewhere that it is "like eating the finest ice cream while seated in a pit latrine"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Snails (or L'escargot for those posh eaters :p)
    Frogs Legs
    Caviar
    Horse

Never tried any of them and never will. How could I ever try horse, it'd be like cannibalism :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

Asparagus is my favouite veg. Deffo try that boiled and served with a dab of butter and freshly cracked pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone ever try Chicken Fried Steak? I have a recipe for it that I'm thinking of trying.

• Advertisement

Asparagus is my favouite veg. Deffo try that boiled and served with a dab of butter and freshly cracked pepper.

Or grill with a liberal sprinkling of cheese

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Salad!

The smell of it alone makes me sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyone ever try Chicken Fried Steak? I have a recipe for it that I'm thinking of trying.

Its a batter burger.

SRFC wrote: »
    Salad!

which part?

Salad!

What kind of salad? All kinds?

which part?

The whole thing in general I dont like vegetables bar potatoes and carrots,think its the dressings aswell that I just cant stand the smell of mayonnaise vinegar coleslaw ect ect yuck :)

The whole thing in general I dont like vegetables bar potatoes and carrots,think its the dressings aswell that I just cant stand the smell of mayonnaise vinegar coleslaw ect ect yuck :)

Cripes, what on earth do you actually eat? :eek:

Salad!

:eek: Can't beat a simple auld salad

old hippy wrote: »
    Cripes, what on earth do you actually eat? :eek:

Very fussy,I eat pea's onions and all that carry on in stew but just on its own i refuse to eat it :D I just know by the look of it I dont like it dont ask how the smell alone is sickening I live on steak chicken fruit and other healthy food not mad junk food eater like a lot of picky eater's.

Very fussy,I eat pea's onions and all that carry on in stew but just on its own i refuse to eat it :D I just know by the look of it I dont like it dont ask how the smell alone is sickening I live on steak chicken fruit and other healthy food not mad junk food eater like a lot of picky eater's.

See, I just don't get that. I have to vary my diet as much as possible but then I love cooking and experimenting with food. Even I hate something, I try to prepare/season/cook it differently. Couldn't stand cauliflower all my life and then about a year or two back, I started mashing it, adding pepper/cheese/garlic and finally I enjoyed it :D

• Advertisement

I couldn't live without vegetables. As it is, I've been eating so much crap the last few days that my body is craving as much fruit and veg as possible. I love salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Mackeral fresh caught with butter,lemon and beer

mattjack wrote: »
    Mackeral fresh caught with butter,lemon and beer

You're saying that as if you love this and have tried it many times??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

kfallon wrote: »
    You're saying that as if you love this and have tried it many times??? :confused:

I KNOW,I KNOW....................... I forgot to read the thread title.

I'm formally applying to have thread title changed shortly.

Start your own bleedin thread :P

:D Ya headbanger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Cedrus wrote: »
    I thought I'd eat anything until I went to China. Beef spinal cord was the worst thing I saw in a Hong Kong supermarket, rural chinese markets were pretty foul, any animal "with it's back to the sun" is considered edible.

Oh I remember Chinatown in Bangkok, couldn't get my head around all the body parts and guts, complete with TUBES sticking out. They will eat duck's beak and eyeballs. Absolutely nothing wasted. Which is a great way to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chunky.Monkey1

Never ate prawns, caviar, fois gras, veal, tinned fish of any kind. I'm sure there are loads more i just can't think of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

never had ****e, although the two girls tell me its just like choc cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Is that metabolically (or whatever) possible? If it is you have settled a debate going back a few years regarding Ouzo and Black.
    Yes, but only with some people who don't metabolise the red colouring fully. Something similar can happen with Vitamin C/orange colour.

Advertisement