Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourire Conspiracy Theory

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The world really ended on the 21st of December , the government just covered it up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

spankysue wrote: »
    So if we've seriously had this then, surely you have proof?
    http://cryptome.org/jya/gchq-etf.htm

tower built to intercept the microwave link that carried phone calls, the irony is that it came to light because it was on BNFL land and people were worried about a new nuclear facility being built on their doorstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

a credit card for everyone and every transaction traced.

Big Brother state on steroids. Would destroy all small business, individuality, artists, bands, buskers etc. Nightmare.

It would make crime worse as people would trade organs and sex for drugs.

Only people who would love it would be Governments and massive corporations.

Death of all culture.
    Why wouldn't they just barter? Or do what dem high class hookers do and buy a "gift" from a boutique that gives cash back on returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Princess Di
    The Moon Landing
    and JFK would all be up there for me

But the daddy of them all has to be 9/11

and more specifically this

Tbh I was slightly sceptical about the world trade center falling, I mean there has to be a reason why the sprinklers never worked, though planting explosives leading up to the tragedy is a bit far fetched because surely someone would of caught them doing so, it doesn't take hours to do that, it would take at least a year to do so per tower

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Though I am thinking that the assassination of JFK is something to do with the CIA, I find it incredulous that they haven't found out to this very day, I really can't believe the Lee Harvey Oswald was the only gunman behind it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The U.S Government being responsible for 9/11, in order to bring in stricter measures of control has to take the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The Hum. Not so much a conspiracy theory. It's just weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

9/11 was an inside job.

Because holding that belief is a strong litmus test for how gullible a person can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A couple from the world of GAA...

Legendary Kerry football manager Mick O'Dwyer is the father of former great Maurice Fitzgerald.

Dublin's Jason Sherlock's (Jayo) father was a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I was really into conspiracy theories when I was younger but I find most fall like a house of cards when you look into the actual evidence and see the lack of logic behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

spankysue wrote: »
    I just honestly think it makes no sense for any foreign government to be spying on your average person here, not saying the US government isn't spying on their own citizens, but why would they be getting out of spying on anyone here? It's an utterly ridiculous notion imo, makes no sense, and if something doesn't make sense, it usually means it's not true.

If you read a blog such as Techdirt for example, you start to get a picture of just how much the citizens of the United States and probably others are being spied on. Here are some examples:

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/?tag=cia
    http://www.techdirt.com/blog/?tag=spying

One from Germany.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Daniel O'Donnell is Margo's son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Daniel O'Donnell is Margo's son

Everyone knows Daniel is Jim Morrison in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

squod wrote: »

Jim Morrison was a pawn of the CIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Boombastic wrote: »
    Jim Morrison was a pawn of the CIA.

What a job. In your face tax paying americans. He spent your money breaking laws, getting high and shaggin' burds. Then took early retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

9/11 was an inside job.

Because holding that belief is a strong litmus test for how gullible a person can be.

That is a bit harsh. Plenty of questions to be answered on that one to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

squod wrote: »

"Hello, I love you, won't you make me some tea?"

kingoffifa wrote: »
    That is a bit harsh. Plenty of questions to be answered on that one to be fair.
    The big one is how did the American public let this happen
    According to an analysis by the budget expert Linda Bilmes and the economist Joseph Stiglitz, in the ten years since 9/11, the combined direct and indirect costs of the U.S. response to the murder of almost 3,000 of its citizens have totaled more than $3 trillion. A study by the Urban Institute, a nonpartisan think tank, estimated that during an overlapping period, from 2000 to 2006, 137,000 Americans died prematurely because they lacked health insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

The big one is how did the American public let this happen

No conspiracy there - this guy would be at the root of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

There is some good ones about the Lockerbie bombings .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Coca Cola is mass produced to rule the world

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The burger/bun one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

doddly wrote: »
    That the FIFA game is scripted

It is! What other possible reason is there for me losing games?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Smidge wrote: »
    Coca Cola is mass produced to rule the world

A local Sinn Fein politician once told me that Coca-Cola was funding international terrorism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

No one mentioned my favourite: Chemtrails. The idea that those airliners flying overhead leaving vapour trails are actually spraying us with something for some reason. It's proably the least plausible conspiracy theory ever but that doesn't stop them. When I commented on a youtube video which supposedly shows an Air France plane spraying Wexford. What have the French got against us? It got scary pretty quickly. I was accused of being part of the conspiracy. (If only:D) I was beginning to worry he might turn up on my doorstep.

But then again maybe he has a point. How else do we explain people like Run to da hills and others on this thread?:cool: Look to the skies!

More seriously it has been recently suggested that people who believe in conspiracy theories tend to have elevated dopamine levels. Makes a lot of sense. But then again, how did their dopamine level get raised. Must be something in the water!

The reality is that most conspiracy theories fall apart after five minutes with Google. As for the moon landings, if they were faked. Why did they fake so many? One would have done the job. That's the biggest flaw in that conspiracy theory unless you count the fact that someone recently took pictures of the landing site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Channel 200 (controversial tv) on Sky has some mental ideas, if you ever need to feel normal turn that channel on for about 10 mins.

I love film related Conspiracy Theories.
    Or in other words ones that are only a bit of fun and which do not take over your life.

My favourite being that Decker in Blade Runner was a replicant himself.

And even though it was removed for this very reason, I like to pretend that the footage during the end credits of Apocalypse Now was the air strike being called in.

• Advertisement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/heart-drug-makes-people-less-racist-study_n_1328122.html
    Researchers in Britain have found that a common drug called propranolol does in fact change the hearts of those who take it. While effectively lowering blood pressure in heart disease patients, the medication was found to lower "implicit" racist attitudes as well.
    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00213-012-2657-5
    Our results indicate that β-adrenoceptors play a role in the expression of implicit racial attitudes suggesting that noradrenaline-related emotional mechanisms may mediate negative racial bias.

They'll be adding it to teh water next

Advertisement