Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourire Conspiracy Theory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Or, the incredibly obvious alternative, it creates a two-tier financial structure, where some transactions are cashless and electronic and the rest at lower level are based on barter and trade with the development of some sort of value-structure for various alternative commodities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Or, the incredibly obvious alternative, it creates a two-tier financial structure, where some transactions are cashless and electronic and the rest at lower level are based on barter and trade with the development of some sort of value-structure for various alternative commodities.
    That however isn't quite as Philip K. Dick as the conspiracy theorists would like it to be though. :)

Madam_X wrote: »
    That however isn't quite as Philip K. Dick as the conspiracy theorists would like it to be though. :)

Yeah, but sadly, when there's a much more obvious and less doomsday answer than "end of illegal goods/human sex economy/big brother is watching your ebay auctions" ten seconds thought away, I just can't help but make the leap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Laurel Canyon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Yeah, but sadly, when there's a much more obvious and less doomsday answer than "end of illegal goods/human sex economy/big brother is watching your ebay auctions" ten seconds thought away, I just can't help but make the leap...

Because government and big business always rally around fairness and equality, especially when it means less profit and power in their hands...sure if there is one thing that history has thought us it's that.

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »
    Because government and big business always rally around fairness and equality, especially when it means less profit and power in their hands...sure if there is one thing that history has thought us it's that.

And because government policies are always 100% effective and properly enforced with total vigour by all parties. Nobody ever finds a work-around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The only one I consider in any way plausible is the moon landing being staged.
    That is the most disproven one.

Imagine the propaganda coup for the Russians...

Especially after Joderll Bank released the first moon pictures ahead of them.

The Russians were probably taking a closer look at the moon landings
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manchester/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8150000/8150469.stm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Grade inflation.

I'm convinced that state exams are getting easier. Especially in Uni's that have lots of fee paying students that would quit if they failed early in the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I was wondering have any conspiracies ever been proven so that all these other conspiracies might be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I heard from an ex MI5 employee (not exactly sure what his job was) that princess Di was killed because she was pregnant with Dodis child and the establishment didn't want the future king having a Muslim brother.

• Advertisement

We could do a load of backhander / jobs for the boys ones but the liable laws here preclude it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

That Martin McGuinness was a MI5 agent and helped bring down the IRA from the inside while being on the Army Council.

Is that why IRA efficiency increased 800% prior to negotiations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Dancor wrote: »
    I heard from an ex MI5 employee

It's great when you get one of those ex MI5 employees blabbing after a few beers. They can't keep their mouths shut at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Biggins wrote: »
    There's two that I come across occasionally.

One: about the buried Alaska pyramid that USA is keeping secret

Search ''Powerplant at Giza'' After watching those videos you'd have to say to yourself there's no fuhken way........

http://www.gizapower.com/Articles.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I don't believe in any conspiracy theories out there, because they sound crazy and usually the people that have told me about them have been quite vunerable, not stupid, but fairly gullible.

One person I know thinks he's living in an episode of the X Files, he thinks the US Government are reading texts on his phone and truly believes in the New World Order and all that jazz. I just have no time for that kind of sh1te.

I think conspiracy theories are started by people who want to feel important by thinking that they know something nobody else knows but there's no real, legitimate proof out there to back any of them up.....because if there was proof, they wouldn't still be called conspiracy theories....they'd be called facts :)

spankysue wrote: »
    I don't believe in any conspiracy theories out there, because they sound crazy and usually the people that have told me about them have been quite vunerable, not stupid, but fairly gullible.

One person I know thinks he's living in an episode of the X Files, he thinks the US Government are reading texts on his phone and truly believes in the New World Order and all that jazz. I just have no time for that kind of sh1te.

I think conspiracy theories are started by people who want to feel important by thinking that they know something nobody else knows but there's no real, legitimate proof out there to back any of them up.....because if there was proof, they wouldn't still be called conspiracy theories....they'd be called facts :)

Not believing there are conspiracies to cheat, lie, defraud and manipulate people in general is mental. Everything from what exactly is going into your mince meat to secret government deals and surveillance are questionable and relevant.
    Surveillance is a huge sector in the US. It has absolutely exploded as an industry post 9-11 and continues to do so pretty exponentially.
    Gullible people will buy into them and all the lizard people crap and that's how authorities except people to react to craziness. Disbelief and disinterest, and it works.
    I wouldn't put much thought into the utterly ridiculous but there are a lot of political and business conspiracies that function as part of every day life all over the world.. I'm sure there are some pretty out there thing too. You don't need to read too much about the likes of the CIA before you start getting a seriously unhinged vibe.

Border-Rat wrote: »
    Is that why IRA efficiency increased 800% prior to negotiations?
    800%, 800 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcjJ8cNVzmc

Fluoridation of the Irish Water Supply - Mass Medication of a Dangerous toxin.

(+ every toothpaste has it but no, its a mind control serum.. keeps us all from protesting)

Not believing there are conspiracies to cheat, lie, defraud and manipulate people in general is mental. Everything from what exactly is going into your mince meat to secret government deals and surveillance are questionable and relevant.
    Surveillance is a huge sector in the US. It has absolutely exploded as an industry post 9-11 and continues to do so pretty exponentially.
    Gullible people will buy into them and all the lizard people crap and that's how authorities except people to react to craziness. Disbelief and disinterest, and it works.
    I wouldn't put much thought into the utterly ridiculous but there are a lot of political and business conspiracies that function as part of every day life all over the world.. I'm sure there are some pretty out there thing too. You don't need to read too much about the likes of the CIA before you start getting a seriously unhinged vibe.

I never said I don't believe in golden handshakes ;)

Secret government deals etc probably do happen, it's more the crazy stuff that I have no belief in, the moon landing one especially annoys me.

As for the US government surveillance, maybe it does happen, to someone who's actually living in the States though, not some randomer in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Malibu Sunshine

The Supressed Technology theory is one Ive always believed in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories#Suppression_of_technologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Secret government deals etc probably do happen, it's more the crazy stuff that I have no belief in, the moon landing one especially annoys me.

As for the US government surveillance, maybe it does happen, to someone who's actually living in the States though, not some randomer in Ireland.

Should read the T&Cs on some smartphone apps. Seriously, we've had foreign intelligence services monitoring calls since the late eighties in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yeh we should question things for sure, but the really wacky stuff is another plain entirely.

squod wrote: »
    Should read the T&Cs on some smartphone apps. Seriously, we've had foreign intelligence services monitoring calls since the late eighties in Ireland.

So if we've seriously had this then, surely you have proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

The most widely accepted scenario with regard to JFK is that it was a CIA hit. Not too much of a conspiracy about it, the more you read.
    There was an Irish guy who found some evidence with regards to Robert Kennedy's death. I might even have read about it on here. I'll see if there's a vid to find.. here we are.
    BBC's newsnight did a special on it. Well worth a watch. It implicates the agents involved with JFKs death also.

I watched a show last night that said the Mob killed JFK and they had an ex prisoner on who claimed to know all about it and that Lee harvey oswald was meant to hqve been killed by police so the Mob got to him before he could talk!!

It was on discovery science and was very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

It's great when you get one of those ex MI5 employees blabbing after a few beers. They can't keep their mouths shut at all.

****er was sober at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

My top 3 conspiracy theories would be:

9/11: did a plane hit the pentagon, were the towers demolished from within, was it an excuse to start a war for oil?? So many questions

Nazi ufos: hitler was working on special flying projects but after the war the us took many of the scientists to work for them and two years ago ww2 ended Roswell happened and so the craze!!

Jesus! With evidence of new bibles etc who was he really?

I'm not talking about a bit of bribery, I'm talking about conspiracies.
    Research the surveillance industry if you like, instead of outright denying it. You've not got a whole lot of facts. Google is your friend.
    Yeh we should question things for sure, but the really wacky stuff is another plain entirely.

Wacky stuff isn't a great definition. Everyone will draw that line somewhere else. Lizard people and stuff is more than wacky imo. Total other kettle of fish.

I'm not talking about a bit of bribery, I'm talking about conspiracies.
    Research the surveillance industry if you like, instead of outright denying it. You've not got a whole lot of facts. Google is your friend.

I just honestly think it makes no sense for any foreign government to be spying on your average person here, not saying the US government isn't spying on their own citizens, but why would they be getting out of spying on anyone here? It's an utterly ridiculous notion imo, makes no sense, and if something doesn't make sense, it usually means it's not true.

I just honestly think it makes no sense for any foreign government to be spying on your average person here, not saying the US government isn't spying on their own citizens, but why would they be getting out of spying on anyone here? It's an utterly ridiculous notion imo, makes no sense, and if something doesn't make sense, it usually means it's not true.

I'm guessing you haven't looked much up on this yet. I'm not looking to convince you. It happens.
    A lot of it isn't the government themselves. Private organizations contracted to government do most, and do it globally. It's a gigantic sector. It's an international community we live in. The world hasn't been inward looking for a long time. It doesn't mean someone reads all of your messages, it means they are monitored for phrases and words, and they're processed. It means a lens can be turned on you, not that one is constantly on you. Anti-terrorism is the phraseology, but the criteria is open to abuse.
    It's the world we live in. Flying robotic drones blow up people based on this stuff.

It's easy to sound like a nut when you start talking about this stuff but it's all very real. It won't ever effect most people so they won't ever know or care but it's insidious at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Operation Northwoods was a fairly diabolical plan. It never came to pass but it just shows the mindsets of some of those involved with espionage and intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
    The plan called for U.S. personnel to disguise themselves as agents of the Cuban government and to engage in terrorist attacks on the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay. It also called for terrorist attacks within the United States that would be conducted by pro-U.S. forces disguising themselves as Cuban agents.

One of the most fascinating aspects of Operation Northwoods involved the proposed hijacking of an American passenger plane. The JCS proposed that a real plane containing American passengers would be hijacked by friendly forces disguised as Cuban agents. The plane would drop down off the radar screen and be replaced by a pilotless aircraft, which would crash, purportedly killing all the passengers. Under the plan, the real passenger plane would be secretly flown back to the United States

Another one is NSSM 200, a security study overseen by Henry Kissinger which suggested using food (or the lack of it) as a weapon and means to further the US agenda.

Kissenger btw is still involved in groups such as Bilderberg and the Trilateral Commission.. but make of that what you will! He's a truly reprehensible scumbag in my own opinion. His involvement in globalist groups, I'm sure; doesn't help to convince people that they're benevolent.

Advertisement