Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hello? anyone listening?

It’ll be Santa’s first visit here.

Looking forward to seeing the nippers face of complete confusion wondering why he’s getting stuff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Currently in Turkey https://www.noradsanta.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Well according to the google santa tracker he is currently heading into Finland, but still has to go up and down europe and africa a few times before finally arriving here :D best get to bed quick jic :p

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.santatracker&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Loving this thread! Can't believe there's so many non wrappers, weirdos!!!!

Santa will be arriving here at around 11pm, there's great excitement this year. The 7 year old asked for a surprise from Santa and the 2 year old just knows she's getting presents in the morning. I'm more excited than them!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have a believer in the house he is wired

He has been running in and out of the garden sprinkling reindeer food all day

I would love to step back into the comfort of the innocent magic he is feeling tonight just for a few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I was only thinking about this thread this morning. I think this is my favourite thread to subscribe to. It certainly was an eye opener to find that Santa doesn't wrap presents in all the houses.

Merry Christmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Mrs Slug is upstairs filling the stockings, we wrapped everything earlier, we did 1 year where we didn't wrap anything and it just didn't feel right.

She is however wrapping my gift in a black bag.

I've got my sister in law a collage photoframe and filled each frame with a suggestivee photo of me (wife has been daring me to do it for years)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

In my house you asked Santa for a present so what would be the point in wrapping a present when the receiver knew what it was. All surprise presents were received from the parents and wrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My mother never wrapped the presents. In fact she always forgot to remove the price stickers. My older sister noticed this, and that the price tag had the name of the local toy shop on it.

"Why would Santy get our presents there? His elfs make them?"

Our father told us that the elfs were on strike, it was the 1980s, so Santy had to use other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Just found this thread.
    Eldest just gone, she's nearly 6 and wired. Reindeer food out on the lawn, homemade brown bread, a choc from the roses and a drink laid out. And the usual carrot.

Heading back out to the lawn later with a length of timber to create tracks!!

No wrapping here or in either of our home places!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Youngest just gone to bed, next 2 getting worried that they havent been sent up yet!

Oh and my other one, the eldest, will be helping with the setup this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

The one time the staire decides to squeak and groan when I'm trying to get their presents down from the attic right outside their door!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This is Halloween on Christmas so many zombies about tonight, I've got my rocket launcher at the ready can't wait to rob santa when he flies by later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

He's just passed through lagos, time for those that need to be in bed to get in there...

:D

Some previous years

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzh8ZuD

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

5 year old is very, very nearly asleep. I was starting to give up hope but his breathing is finally changing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

According to met Eireann he'll be hitting the north coast about midnight, moving down the west coast and then down around to Dublin.

Maybe MT Cranium can give us a more scientific update :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

He's just been here, I'm too excited to sleep now. Kids are going to be up at 8.30 which isn't too bad.

Merry Christmas boardsies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

OK so I’m going full wrap this year. Except the bike - that’ll take me ages. But the rest is being wrapped - bike helmet, fifa 18 (partly for dad as well :) ) and a chewbacca onesie. Last year with santa in my place. Going to miss it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I like seeing this thread pop up every year.

Only 4pm here so a good while yet until santa arrives. 6 year old isn't too excited yet but I'm sure that will have changed by bedtime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Jaysus, that OP.
    5 years ago.
    The recession hit us all hard

Sorry, we got setup then a bit tipsy and got slightly more interested in other things. Photos taken but gotta be censored first.

Later.

Is anyone awake still?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Mech1 wrote: »
    Is anyone awake still?

Celebrating polish Christmas at the in-laws and then making the drive home to celebrate our day tomo. Will get home around 11, crack open a can wait for santy to arrive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

https://santatracker.google.com/intl/en/tracker.html

This is GREAT !!
    The boys are loving this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

For God sake, why would you not wrap the presents? Part of the magic of the morning of Christmas Day is the surprise involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

DS86DS wrote: »
    For God sake, why would you not wrap the presents? Part of the magic of the morning of Christmas Day is the surprise involved.

In my day, presents from the family got wrapped and put under the tree as and when they were ready. Nothing like seeing that pile getting bigger and bigger as Advent wore on. The magic of Christmas morning was knowing that you could leap out of bed and go downstairs and there'd be a different pile of presents waiting. :cool:

Advertisement