Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Mech1 wrote: »
    Im back!!!

So how much of that absolute rubbish in your original post is in a landfill now?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How many kids is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This no wraping paper needs to be reported to the authorities. Its child abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

So how much of that absolute rubbish in your original post is in a landfill now?

Who pissed on your parade?

It's a father buying gifts for his kids and being happy to be able to do so. I wish I was, but that's no reason to be pissy about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Who pissed on your parade?

It's a father buying gifts for his kids and being happy to be able to do so. I wish I was, but that's no reason to be pissy about it

Dr. Crayfish is anti buying stuff you dont need as it ultimately leads to poluting the Earth.

Or some sh1t like that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Dr. Crayfish is anti buying stuff you dont need as it ultimately leads to poluting the Earth.

Or some sh1t like that.

Yeah, now we're talkin' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

:eek: He robbed your wrapping paper! :eek:

2016 eco santa knows about the dangers of overconsumption and global warming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ah lads, I popped into After Hours to find this thread to read as it's now been an annual tradition. Do you think I could see it, remember the OP or the thread title - noooooooooooooooooooooooo. So many terrible google searches I finally came across it. So glad to see Mech1 is back.

Now to wait for the photo to see if Santa has wrapped the presents yet.
    EDIT: Where's the pic? Did someone steal the photo? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Mech1

too early yet, they are gettin older like us all!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

wakka12 wrote: »
    2016 eco santa knows about the dangers of overconsumption and global warming
    So no coal then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭soap1978

I'd love to see past pics in a row please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

There is a lot of aggression and provocation in your posts. Do you feel hard done by? Does this platform allow you to lash out guilt free? Does the fact that people simply react to your posts provide a certain satisfaction?

soap1978 wrote: »
    I'd love to see past pics in a row please

Here are some gotta find the rest.http://s962.photobucket.com/user/mech1111/slideshow/santa

He was late!

IMAG0192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Currently doing a wake night in work. Wrapped our service user's presents. Huge heap of them. He's gonna be bouncing off the bloody walls in a few hours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

That_Guy wrote: »
    Currently doing a wake night in work. Wrapped our service user's presents. Huge heap of them. He's gonna be bouncing off the bloody walls in a few hours. :pac:

Hope he enjoys it! My other half is an ID nurse currently working tonight, hope she has a quiet night but I'd love if she was here.
    When she gets in, in the morning we will open presents and a small breakfast before going back to bed for an hour or 2

TheBully wrote: »
    Hope he enjoys it! My other half is an ID nurse currently working tonight, hope she has a quiet night but I'd love if she was here.
    When she gets in, in the morning we will open presents and a small breakfast before going back to bed for an hour or 2

Getting him to bed was a bit of a struggle but sure I was like that when I was his age. He doesn't fully understand the concept of Christmas but we're making a big fuss out of him anyway whether he likes it or not.

Christmas hats and jumpers at the ready. Fry, variety cereal packs and presents a go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Smidge wrote: »
    Seriously?
    I have never come across this till about an hour ago.
    I thought everyone's pressies were wrapped?

How do you wrap a bike? Or a basketball ring I got when I was 10 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Horrified by the lack of wrapping:eek:, is nothing sacred in this world anymore? Genuinely half the magic of the morning.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Horrified by the lack of wrapping:eek:, is nothing sacred in this world anymore? Genuinely half the magic of the morning.

This is a new thing to me too. All the fun of "oh, I wonder what's in this box?' gone out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

That_Guy wrote: »
    This is a new thing to me too. All the fun of "oh, I wonder what's in this box?' gone out the window.

Probably the same people who went out striking against water charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Probably the same people who went out striking against water charges.

And merry Christmas to you to, Scrooge/ Grinch.... Geez, who pissed on your mince pies..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Everything bar 1 present is wrapped here, had to send my eldest back up to bed at 3, was amazed she fell back asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭blade1

One year Santa didn't come to me.
    My father wasn't getting paid until Christmas eve and he ended up working late and the shops were closed.
    Instead I got to play with my older brother's subbuteo set for the day.
    As I was never allowed touch my brother's stuff,It seemed to me at the time, like I was getting great deal!!!:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Already hearing the kids belting round the north inner city on mini motorbikes and quads. Here's hoping they will all still be around at tea-time. Cannot understand a parent who buys a teenager one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,493 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

In our place Santa leaves the presents on or beside the bed, unwrapped. Everything else gets wrapped.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I hate wrapped presents from Santa. Especially if everything is new and still in boxes that require a degree in engineering and/or a set of stanley knives to free. And if there are stickers to put on toys, that's half of Christmas day lost. I much prefer seeing everything all set up as if mid-play. My favourite this year was setting up my son's Star Wars figures and vehicles on a snow blanket as a mini Battle of Hoth (though I was a little sniffly putting out the miniature Princess Leia). That way as soon as the livingroom door is open it's 'BOOM' mega excitement and so funny to watch him focus on one thing, then turn back and realise what amazing toy he had walked past in his excitement and see the utter amazement as it all hits him. Super!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

blade1 wrote: »
    One year Santa didn't come to me.
    My father wasn't getting paid until Christmas eve and he ended up working late and the shops were closed.
    Instead I got to play with my older brother's subbuteo set for the day.
    As I was never allowed touch my brother's stuff,It seemed to me at the time, like I was getting great deal!!!:)
    blade1, take a trip to the Derry & Belfast forum, there are still some subbuteo fans there who posted about it recently.

Hello? anyone listening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hello? anyone listening?

Santa is on his way. ETA about 12am at our place.

Advertisement