Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

spare a thought to the 'santa' I saw desperately pumping up tyres on a little pink tricycle outside the local petrol station at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

All Done.

IMG_1213.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Can you adopt me? I'll take the wine and PS4 please ;)

some stuff on the right of picture didnt get in the shot, one stocking missing for example.

4 kids, 2 of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Mech1 wrote: »
    All Done.

IMG_1213.jpg

Sweet. Who got the fridge and dishwasher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

He's been and gone here too. This year my oldest really wanted the Lego Simpsons house but we couldn't afford it. Got a missed call from my brother earlier and rang him back. He went out and got it but said it's to be a Santa present. Tears were flowing after he told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No he hasn't we're holding him hostage in our kitchen.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

KKkitty wrote: »
    He's been and gone here too. This year my oldest really wanted the Lego Simpsons house but we couldn't afford it. Got a missed call from my brother earlier and rang him back. He went out and got it but said it's to be a Santa present. Tears were flowing after he told me.

:) That's Christmas at it's best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Santa's still waiting here.......until herself goes to sleep. I needed an early night after doing the dog on the beer last night :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

dmc17 wrote: »
    :) That's Christmas at it's best :)

It really is. My brother and I rarely speak or see each other. He's a bit introverted at the best of times while I'm not. The old saying actions speak louder than words is so true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Santa currently working his way up the West Coast as we speak, according to Google Santa Tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Fair play to ye in getting everything in and placed so well. Whenever I have kids, I'm positive I'll cause such a racket, falling over everything when getting the pressies in. I'm so clumsy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

All Done.

IMG_1213.jpg

I feel like I'm watching your kids grow up. Judging by the gifts of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Did last minute present shopping for the wife and kids today - have to admit, things were looking pretty dodgy when I stopped in to the bookies and blew a bit of the Christmas budget on a few long shots, but there was plenty left to crowd the bottom of our Christmas tree. It's always nice to have an excuse to spoil them and let them know how much they mean to you. I can't wait for tomorrow morning now, the joy and wonder in their faces is always the single most rewarding experience every year. Only parents will understand that one I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/ZuSnrmC.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

how come santa brings so few gifts to your son was he naughty

Did last minute present shopping for the wife and kids today - have to admit, things were looking pretty dodgy when I stopped in to the bookies and blew a bit of the Christmas budget on a few long shots, but there was plenty left to crowd the bottom of our Christmas tree. It's always nice to have an excuse to spoil them and let them know how much they mean to you. I can't wait for tomorrow morning now, the joy and wonder in their faces is always the single most rewarding experience every year. Only parents will understand that one I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/ZuSnrmC.jpg

That bottle looks like it's been drank from you cheap skate bollox!

braddun wrote: »
    how come santa brings so few gifts to your son was he naughty

expensive not naughty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thanks to this thread I have now remembered to do the stockings for my sons. They are 17 and 20 but Santa still leaves them a stocking full of goodies as well as the gifts from me under the tree.

On the wrapping of Santa presents, ours were never wrapped. Separate bundles sitting on sofas/armchairs. Presents from our parents and other people were wrapped.

You didn't want the delay of taking paper off to see what you got!

Aw am so excited for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to you all and if you have wee ones, I hope they have a magical day. Life can be tough so sprinkle magic where you can. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Witchie wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I have now remembered to do the stockings for my sons. They are 17 and 20 but Santa still leaves them a stocking full of goodies as well as the gifts from me under the tree.

My mum Santa did that until I was 29. :)

Santa Pursuit in progress!!!

follow link in my sig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

While I was cooking this happened:D
    Have a happy christmas! :)

Looks like Santy is very generous in your house. You have to be very good :p

Enjoy.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Im not joking here, US police chasing santa, listen in here= http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Im not joking here, US police chasing santa, listen in here= http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

He must be African American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I'm shocked at how common it is for presents to be unwrapped. Our presents from santa were always wrapped in plain brown paper with a giant sock full of unwrapped goodies. I can't imagine ever doing it differently if I get kids of my own. There was Santas presents and everything else. If it was brown paper it had come from the north pole as far as we were concerned. :D

The nephew gets his presents unwrapped as that was the way his mam grew up but it just seems to be over so quick and lacks that suspense and 'ohh I know/wonder what this is' buzz.

Hours we'd be sorting and opening presents. Do you go for the big heavy brown box or the small weird shaped package that rattles? N64 game size packages were the best :pac:

I think he got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

He must be African American.

In that case...R.I.P Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dmc17 wrote: »
    Sweet. Who got the fridge and dishwasher?

The wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I got my nephew an Argentinian away strip from the World Cup 2014, Messi is his idol so I had Messi and number ten put on the strip, he loves it. My sister was telling that he had a row with her and his dad, they were going for a walk and wanted him to wear warm clothing, he outright refused to take off his strip which touched me, but mam and dad knew what was best.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I got my nephew an Argentinian away strip from the World Cup 2014, Messi is his idol so I had Messi and number ten put on the strip, he loves it. My sister was telling that he had a row with her and his dad, they were going for a walk and wanted him to wear warm clothing, he outright refused to take off his strip which touched me, but mam and dad knew what was best.

They're clearly threatened by you and are trying to undermine you in front of the child.

Advertisement