Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ah come on, a tool set, in post Celtic Tiger Ireland? That's about as thoughtful as giving the young lad a Spinning Jenny or a Commodore 64.

its a singing/talking tool set

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Smidge wrote: »
    In fairness OP, my kids presents look a bit miserable in comparison to what's under your tree. They didn't ask for much and got what they asked for, but still, feeling a bit guilty now:(

My son got lots, but they're all nerf guns. Smyths had a sale on them, I feel cheap :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mech1 wrote: »
    While I was cooking this happened:D

I like the bottom left presents. Working out while playing Far Cry. How bad;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

In fairness OP, my kids presents look a bit miserable in comparison to what's under your tree. They didn't ask for much and got what they asked for, but still, feeling a bit guilty now:(

Dont trust me its not about how much u get or what it is at that age. More excitement more then anything. Jesus i wish i could go back to those simple times when i knew nothing and just took life for what it was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

samina wrote: »
    Mine too.

Your pic makes me sad. I miss the days of lots of toys now it's tiny things that cost a bomb and look pretty misrrable under the tree.

Buy a really tiny tree next year, it'll make smaller presents look massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got one of those parking garages when I was ickle. For a long time it was the centre of my matchbox car universe. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

You still have a little one "waiting"?
    Tenacious, are they?:D

No, I'm the one waiting. He's the one too stressed over not being asleep in time for Santa arriving which might mean Santa won't stop to sleep. Vicious circle. Time for a double hot whisky for the pet. He needs to learn early that alcohol can solve most problems. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Mech1

Dont feel guilty, sometimes things are better sometimes worse, its all swings and roundabouts.

I bet your kids will be just as happy as mine in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Dont feel guilty, sometimes things are better sometimes worse, its all swings and roundabouts.

I bet your kids will be just as happy as mine in the morning.
    Mine won't. Still awake and messing, be like a bag of cats in the morning. Hopefully the pressies will keep them subdued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Oh to be a child again. Most magical night of the year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Oh to be a child again. Most magical night of the year :(
    Totally. I used to feel sick with excitement waiting for santy and the night used to draaaag forever.I remember me and my sis one time trying to find the key for the sitting room door at all hours. Fun times.Our pressies were never wrapped either...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭e04bf0c8

While I was cooking this happened:D
    putting the tree in front of the drinks cabinet is just an awful idea. but apart from that looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Santa doesn't wrap presents, William Shatner made it weird for Fat Old White Men with beards to Rap.;)

e04bf0c8 wrote: »
    putting the tree in front of the drinks cabinet is just an awful idea. but apart from that looks great!

My drinks are in the "drinks fridge" in the kitchen, thats just the less often used drink area:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Since when did Santa not wrap presents?!! :eek:

The unwrapping was the best part!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

i asked the wife if she is looking forward to taking her new present for a spin today. her face lit up.
    i cant wait to see her face when she unwraps her new washing machine

Watch her face when she puts it on 2000rpm and looks at you, an obsolete appliance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nice one OP, you're after just reminding me I forgot to polish off the snack my son left out for Santa and Rudolph earlier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Santa arrived here about a half hour ago for my little shiny new grandson :D

I passed on our tradition of reading his momma and her brother "The night before Christmas" and he went off to sleep :)

He's a month old. I cant ever remember being so emotional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Since when did Santa not wrap presents?!! :eek:

The unwrapping was the best part!

Presents to/from others = Wrapped
    Santa presents = Unwrapped

In our house at least :p

Sad to think this is probably the last year in our house where Santa exists, boo

Op here, just warming up, but charge your cam batteries Be ready to renew the thread,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

This thread had me confused as all hell until I noticed the dates of the posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Op here, just warming up, but charge your cam batteries Be ready to renew the thread,

Hope you bought that child their "2nd Scooter" - and didn't just mislead them last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Wrap them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Did someone turn on the treadmill before the rest of the stuff was moved!?!?!? :pac:

He done it again!
    IMG_0854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

He done it again!
    IMG_0854.jpg

Yay! He brought you a fireplace this year. The room wasn't complete without it!

This is a brilliant thread.

Mods, please don't close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Santy must be getting special deals on those treadmills, two in two years!

Does Santy know which version of Call of Duty is the latest one?? :O

Thats last years pic your looking at, new cod is in a sack.

• Advertisement

Santy must be getting special deals on those treadmills, two in two years!

its too heavy to be moving about, thats where its used.

Advertisement