Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

GreeBo wrote: »
    off topic fail!

I put this in here - because this golf tournament is not golf - Bill Murray:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I put this in here - because this golf tournament is not golf - Bill Murray:eek:

erm...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

so lads, are we gonna turn over the English today or no?

Baby BOD born - great for him - not for us.

But a baby girl comes first - what a stroy starting.

England by 10+

Baby girl Sadie -

left camp at 8 back at 11 , not too bad if that is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Any weird animal stories?
    Yesterday picked my sons missing cat from 17 miles away...
    It seems it warmed itself too long under next doors car.

Cheap cat then legged it off away without paying a fare!

Sky-diving hamsters, anyone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

very bad day for Irish Rugby, getting beaten and several important players injured. Tough times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

charlieIRL wrote: »
    very bad day for Irish Rugby, getting beaten and several important players injured. Tough times ahead.

It's amazing how one bad day in international rugby can have such an effect on the medium to long term outlook of a team!

Last week we were potential grand slam winners!
    This week, Kidney is on his last legs and a lot of players are only half the men they were last week.

Not criticizing anyone for making such judgement, it's the nature of the beast, I'd say it's some beast to be involved with...
    We were a converted try away from being red hot favourites for the 6 nations.
    This morning, Irish rugby is in turmoil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

but on that one day the team has lost 4 or 5 of its top players which weakens the team overall.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    but on that one day the team has lost 4 or 5 of its top players which weakens the team overall.

Oh ya, I wasn't having a go at all and wasn't really talking specifically about Ireland or the injury crisis.
    I was referring International rugby in general....the pressure of it all....how quickly a manager, coach, team can be viewed in a different light.

France were hot favorites before Italy, 160 mins of rugby later, they're in dire straights.
    There are not many sports out there that afford such little margin for error in such a short period of time.

Very unlucky with the injuries yesterday, at least we're playing Scotland on a Sunday. It still amazes me every time they mention the fact that Euan Murray won't play with them on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Does anyone think the new Indo website is crap ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Arsenium wrote: »
    Does anyone think the new Indo website is crap ???

Couldn't agree more. Way too busy. Much preferred the older one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056884191

lads i have started a golf betting log that might be of interest to some hopefully the link above works but if not it is located in the challenges section of the gambling forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Course etiquette

http://youtu.be/yubjFGgcbjo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Every time I log in there are almost as many, if not more, guests viewing the board as there are members.

Come on Guests - create an account and come in and say hi.

link_2007 wrote: »
    Every time I log in there are almost as many, if not more, guests viewing the board as there are members.

Come on Guests - create an account and come in and say hi.

But they're hardly coming on the golf forum to look at the off topic thread ;):D

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    But they're hardly coming on the golf forum to look at the off topic thread ;):D

Touché

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ah, another added to my ignore list :D

The Off The Ball lads are jumping ship I see.
    Better not affect the G*** weekly podcast

• Advertisement

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    The Off The Ball lads are jumping ship I see.
    Better not affect the G*** weekly podcast

I'm sick , loved the line up of the show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Are the same guys on Sunday evenings? Not a big radio fan these days

Are the same guys on Sunday evenings? Not a big radio fan these days

Nope, but they're cut from the same cloth.
    Ger Gilroy is weekends.
    He started Off The Ball with Eoin McDevitt... Probably a decade or so ago.
    He moved on and Mc Devitt stayed and was joined by Ken Early, Ciaran Murphy and a few more.

It was a cracking show.

Apparently there was a fall out between management and the team over bringing the show from 7pm to 6pm.

RTE will have the cheque books out

Ah I see. Twitter seems to love then anyway so I'm sure they won't be jobless for long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ah I see. Twitter seems to love then anyway so I'm sure they won't be jobless for long

Thats a cracking show. Can't believe Newstalk will let them walk out the door. Not much out there for them though......2FM maybe?

ssbob wrote: »
    Thats a cracking show. Can't believe Newstalk will let them walk out the door. Not much out there for them though......2FM maybe?

Their options are fairly limited alright, it would be unlikely that they would be welcomed in any of O'Brien's other stations.

Pretty much over to the national broadcaster then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Just saw Roy keanes thoughts on nani being sent off. Hmm irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

scrubber72 wrote: »

He is an attention seeking idiot. Constantly trying to get himself into the headlines.
    Loved him so much in the past but he is an absolute Plonker these days and has been shown up to be the shocking manager he is.

scrubber72 wrote: »

From watching other Man Utd matches with him presenting, he seems to have an obvious dislike for Nani. If it was any number of other players, we would have been saying it was a poor decision.

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    He is an attention seeking idiot. Constantly trying to get himself into the headlines.
    Loved him so much in the past but he is an absolute Plonker these days and has been shown up to be the shocking manager he is.

I was always one of his biggest backers over the years.
    Last night was the straw that broke the camels back, can't defend him in the slightest anymore.

The irony of it all indeed.

Sitting in studio with Southgate... I wonder if this crossed their minds
    article-2224131-00070E3000000258-357_468x315.jpg

Advertisement