Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just thought I'd pop this in here:

My car was stolen on Tuesday night and my Scotty Cameron Futura X with counter balance grip went with it.
    It's distinguishable by the fact that I redid the paint on the weights with nail polish because the paint had chipped off. If anyone sees it anywhere I'd be grateful for the info.

Love the way you don't mention anything about the car except its a car that had my favorite putter in it :pac:

I do browse DD and Adverts most days so i'll keep an eye out for it, Ebay probably worth a look too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Come on Ireland, there's always hope, good opening 3 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know Kenny didn't mean it - and the media are totally misrepresenting it.

But - Jesus that could ave cost them today.

I love an old whinge meself - he is right.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Of course he is, but he forgot he wasn't just at home with his supporters - the media were there too, ready to jump on any potential offence that could be taken.

Anatom wrote: »
    Of course he is, but he forgot he wasn't just at home with his supporters - the media were there too, ready to jump on any potential offence that could be taken.

Yes on Joe Duffy now - The irony - the big whinge show.

Still a massive error for a guy at that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Yes on Joe Duffy now - The irony - the big whinge show.

Still a massive error for a guy at that level.

Yeah, and Joe is only too happy to have something served up to him on a plate, especially given the week that's in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I know Kenny didn't mean it - and the media are totally misrepresenting it.

But - Jesus that could ave cost them today.

I love an old whinge meself - he is right.:D

he was talkin about you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Feck....drink...girls!

RIP Frank Kelly

Dealerz wrote:
    RIP Frank Kelly
    Feck....drink...girls!

18 years to the day Dermot Morgan died, RIP Fr. Jack and Fr. Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Slightly off topic...pretty damn impressive. Wish I had this much control of a golf ball

• Advertisement

To be honest space, some of the spots he got himself in - will look a bit like boards outing - so not so off topic.

To be honest space, some of the spots he got himself in - will look a bit like boards outing - so not so off topic.

He scrambles a lot better than we do though :D

RIP Prince... the guy was a legend. Sure, could be a bit odd at times, but listening through a good chunk of his back catalogue today & there is so much amazing stuff in there.

Biggest annoyance...never saw him live. Had tickets for the gig a few years ago that was cancelled, then was out of the country when he played Malahide.

I think the Albion just won the league......... For Leicester.

Only 3 points required now

Next up, ManU. Wouldn't it be sweet if they closed the deal at Old Trafford?

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think the Albion just won the league......... For Leicester.

Only 3 points required now

Next up, ManU. Wouldn't it be sweet if they closed the deal at Old Trafford?

Leicester could lose all 3 and still win the league - Spurs don't have an easy 7 points to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Chelsea next up for Spurs. Oh they'd enjoy beating Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Big John Daly turned 50 last week. I think he's making his debut on the Champions Tour this week.

This video is so catch. Can't stop listening to it.

"I tee the ball up...
    Using man-sized clubs...
    I hit the ball two miles...
    Like it's going out of style."

Surely one of the most controversial players off the course whilst he was definitely one of the most talented players on the course. Velvet soft hands for a guy who could hit it two miles.

I love this story about John and Tiger.
    In an interview with Golf Channel, Daly recalls a time in 2004 at the Target World Challenge when he was enjoying some adult beverages after the Wednesday pro-am. Daly was with some friends and was in the clubhouse drinking and telling stories when Woods walked into the room.

"Tiger's there in his workout clothes and I said, Tiger, come have a beer with us, man," Daly said.

Woods told Daly he couldn't because he was headed to the gym, but Daly didn't relent.

"I go, Man, you don't need to work out," Daly said. "You need to drink a little bit with us."

Woods' response may not be what you'd expect.

"(Woods) said, If I had your talent I'd be doing the same thing you're doing," Daly said. "I’m looking at him thinking, 'You're crazy, man.'"

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/time-john-daly-asked-tiger-woods-get-beer

Good story.... Not sure it's off topic though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Probably not but I don't think it warrants a new thread and there wasn't anywhere else that I could see to post it in.

• Advertisement

Have I genuinely to pay my water bill to get repaid - this is the final moment of this mess.

Have I genuinely to pay my water bill to get repaid - this is the final moment of this mess.

I got another bill yesterday!.... actually, haven't opened it yet

all the others a paid for as we are on DD. never cancelled it so must get on that now!

Not off topic but don't wanna start a new thread:

Down at the ladies Irish close in Lahinch today, fabulous weather and great golf, what more would you want!

To be up close to olivia mahaffey (no.9 a mature in world at 19yo) when she's swinging is magical...slow, smooth, deliberate and the sound and flight is amazing. One can keep dreaming of being able to hit it half as well

• Site Banned Posts: 108 ✭✭Shawn Michaels

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just thought I'd pop this in here:

My car was stolen on Tuesday night and my Scotty Cameron Futura X with counter balance grip went with it.
    It's distinguishable by the fact that I redid the paint on the weights with nail polish because the paint had chipped off. If anyone sees it anywhere I'd be grateful for the info.

My mate's car was stolen once and he'd borrowed one of my wedges. I wasn't happy!

Man Utd to make a statement at 1pm this afternoon..

Bye Bye Louis????????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The good times are back!

A plank of wood "designed" by Paul Costelloe on sale in Dunnes for €60...
    http://m.dunnesstores.com/paul-costelloe-living-wooden-board//dunnesstores/fcp-product/2236205?colour=wood

PARlance wrote: »
    The good times are back!

http://m.dunnesstores.com/paul-costelloe-living-wooden-board//dunnesstores/fcp-product/2236205?colour=wood

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

PARlance wrote: »
    The good times are back!

For what lioke?? A plank for hitting the plank that made it???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

For what lioke?? A plank for hitting the plank that made it???:pac:

Not for the plank that made it. For the plank that BROUGHT it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

TLOA72 wrote: »
    Not for the plank that made it. For the plank that BROUGHT it.

Brought it where?

Advertisement