Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

You need the old Euro Dance music with simple lyrics to set the tone. Think the Brits and Russians didn't get this in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

You need the old Euro Dance music with simple lyrics to set the tone. Think the Brits and Russians didn't get this in the post.

Oh they go it alright, it's just they both have a special neanderthal man layer that can't be penetrated:pac::p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Euro's question: Does anybody know how they decide where the four 3rd placed teams are placed in the draw?

It's destroying my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

the lawman wrote: »
    Euro's question: Does anybody know how they decide where the four 3rd placed teams are placed in the draw?

It's destroying my brain.

Not to worry I have it now. UEFA have a table already made up with each combination of 3rd places and who they will play if that combination comes out. Confusing but my brain can now relax and get back to thinking about which new irons I'm going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I'm not 100% but I think we play Croatia if we win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

ForeRight wrote: »
    I'm not 100% but I think we play Croatia if we win today.

Better half of the draw. Easier route to the final :D

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Better half of the draw. Easier route to the final :D

England have a tough route. They have Germany, Spain, Italy and France in their half of the draw

England have a tough route. They have Germany, Spain, Italy and France in their half of the draw

I hate Hodgson with a passion but think he is getting unfairly slaughtered for changing the team against Slovakia. Front 2 were the 2 that sorted the Welsh game. And people are always going mad about players being tired so he rests some and gets slaughtered. I thought what he did made sense and took balls....which amazed me I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Phenomenal

That was the best performance in years - now the italians were **** and their keeper was a joke.

But incredible stuff.

we genuinely deserved a result having played very well for what, about 150 minutes out of 270.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, just brilliant.
    Well deserved. Best performance since hand of Henry game.....which given our next opponents is interesting.
    Beat them and it's England. Country could grind to a halt !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Knew we would do it. Thanks Trap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

Quality god why cant we play like that all the time!!!

Class tournament for Ireland - with a fairly limited squad with a tough tough draw in every match , we got the best out of it we could.

Delighted with Brady and Hendrick. Walters was a big loss.

We still lack a core team of top level players - but it was nice to be there rather than at home.

So - hopefully we get 2 - 3 more players in next few years and FAI continue to up their game with youth structure, I know they have been poor and the game in Ireland seems self competing and confused at the best.

And you know what, we played a mix of football at times that was enjoyable to watch.

The fan thing can be a bit tiresome at times, there are loads of amazing fans out there at Euros - but you know what - fair play , you need colour, characters and escapism in life.

France were top quality second half after a terrible first half performance. Light years ahead of us.

What can you do against that.

We had a great night against Italy. I'm grateful for that eternally. Like any tournament we enter you just expect one great night of extreme joy, wonder and hope.
    We didn't get it 4 years ago we got it this year thankfully.

I love Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Pffffff, feckin frogs.

France were top quality second half after a terrible first half performance. Light years ahead of us.

What can you do against that.

We had a great night against Italy. I'm grateful for that eternally. Like any tournament we enter you just expect one great night of extreme joy, wonder and hope.
    We didn't get it 4 years ago we got it this year thankfully.

I love Ireland!

Not sure they were all that great. First goal was a free header and second was a terrible decision by Duffy who was otherwise very good which left Griezmann an open run in.

A terrible 10 mins cost us if you take the 2 goals and the sending off.
    Still a good showing overall and so much better than 4 years ago

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Not sure they were all that great. First goal was a free header and second was a terrible decision by Duffy who was otherwise very good which left Griezmann an open run in.

A terrible 10 mins cost us if you take the 2 goals and the sending off.
    Still a good showing overall and so much better than 4 years ago

Very positive and much better showing of course but in my opinion when France needed to step up they did and we barely even touched the ball when we were chasing the game.

I can get my head around that McClean fella at all. At 2-1 he had a simple task of rolling the ball across the face of the goal for a tap in for Murphy I think and he just kicked it straight at a blue jersey. It was the easiest of passes and he couldn't do it... They went straight up the on the break and the red card happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Brexit from the Euros is a lot more enjoyable than Brexit from the European Union :D

Lads, I heard a rumour that Roy Hodgson is after being appointed the new face of Iceland supermarkets. on a 2 for 1 offer

• Advertisement

Jesus - our loss to France - has a totally different perspective now.

Imagine getting knocked out of Europe twice in a matter of days. Once by Iceland and the other time by the people who shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great Britain to Little Britain, a farcial ecomedy.

All the planing, design, politics, effort, engineering.

And the pool goes green.

Amazing the little things like water chemistry that can get you in the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/09/rio-olympics-2016-green-diving-pool-alarms-spectators/

Have to say the track cycling is great fun to watch

Anyone watching the Keirin final........ Drama extraordinaire!

Seve OB wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Keirin final........ Drama extraordinaire!

Worth waiting for....... That was brilliant

• Advertisement

As Pat Hickey was otherwise engaged last night I can't help but wonder if he was able to sell on his ticket to the closing ceremony. It would have been a shame to have let it go to waste :D

Advertisement