Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Well how's things kiers?

LhwHnFE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ForeRight wrote: »
    Well how's things kiers?

LhwHnFE.jpg

The premier league is shocking this year. I don't think even the most hardcore united fans would give them a chance of winning though?

Come back to me after yer next 4 games and I might apologise.

I'll also leave this right here.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/sep/15/psv-v-manchester-united-champions-league-live

Average European teams still beating ye.

kiers47 wrote: »
    The premier league is shocking this year. I don't think even the most hardcore united fans would give them a chance of winning though?

Come back to me after yer next 4 games and I might apologise.

I'll also leave this right here.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/sep/15/psv-v-manchester-united-champions-league-live

Average European teams still beating ye.

Why would Utd not have a chance at winning a trophy if everyone is so poor?

It was only 10 days ago the talk was of city being world beaters and going the season unbeaten yet now utd are top of the league. I don't expect them to be there end of the season don't get me wrong but you writing them off from winning anything this year a couple of weeks into the season was way off the mark.

Why would Utd not have a chance at winning a trophy if everyone is so poor?

It was only 10 days ago the talk was of city being world beaters and going the season unbeaten yet now utd are top of the league. I don't expect them to be there end of the season don't get me wrong but you writing them off from winning anything this year a couple of weeks into the season was way off the mark.

Haha.
    I think you saying they were going to win trophies before a ball was kicked was way off the mark. But hindsight is great.

Don't think United have the squad to cope with all competitions to contain this premier league form. But just my opinion. Best of luck to ye!

Haha.
    I think you saying they were going to win trophies before a ball was kicked was way off the mark. But hindsight is great.

Don't think United have the squad to cope with all competitions to contain this premier league form. But just my opinion. Best of luck to ye!

dont worry kiers.... I will be reverting back here regularly ;)

• Advertisement

dont worry kiers.... I will be reverting back here regularly ;)

That sounds slightly sad but If that's what you need to do to get you through the year feel free. I'll be glad I helped ;)

That sounds slightly sad but If that's what you need to do to get you through the year feel free. I'll be glad I helped ;)

I wouldn't have bothered if you didn't pounce on my post after 2 weeks of the season but you did so I will be reverting ;)

I wouldn't have bothered if you didn't pounce on my post after 2 weeks of the season but you did so I will be reverting ;)

Good man. Revert till your little hearts content.

Good man. Revert till your little hearts content.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

City on top - 'What a team'. 'They could win this by 20 points you know'. 'Give them the trophy hahaha'.

United on top - 'Standard of the league is shocking'. 'Worst teams in the league for years'. 'Lucky'.

Not sure how long United will be there but it feels nice to have the old bitterness back.

Please bite ABU's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

First post in le golf sub forum....

Drive for show and putt for dough.

Shotttt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10010580/calls-for-regulation-of-esports

I know we all like our computers around here... but for god sake, to think of playing computer games as a sport!!!!!!!!

What about the guy who compares it to golf.....:eek:

And oh my god, the drug infestation is really ruining their sport, they need to regulate it quickly!

As for the weirdos who go to these events to meet their heros who they watch playing video games online :rolleyes:

Seve OB wrote: »
    As for the weirdos who go to these events to meet their heros who they watch playing video games online :rolleyes:

The use of the term 'weirdos' here annoys me. I'm sure you didn't mean it in a nasty way but it comes across pretty badly, in my opinion of course.

I'd imagine Seve meant losers and not weirdos.

I'd imagine Seve meant losers and not weirdos.

Yeah and pretty much the same comment would apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

I reckon that in the next 10 years the biggest league in the world will be in the USA.The money generated there will create a Man United US,Liverpool US etc.The clubs are already US owned and the next step isn't too far away,friendlies are already being played over there and even though players are retiring there it won't be long before the youngsters will be attracted over there.
    Anyone agree or am I losing my marbles?

downwesht wrote: »
    I reckon that in the next 10 years the biggest league in the world will be in the USA.The money generated there will create a Man United US,Liverpool US etc.The clubs are already US owned and the next step isn't too far away,friendlies are already being played over there and even though players are retiring there it won't be long before the youngsters will be attracted over there.
    Anyone agree or am I losing my marbles?

There was a similar train of thought 20+ years ago when they had the World Cup. Never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

the lawman wrote: »
    Yeah and pretty much the same comment would apply.

Have to agree here. Each to their own. Plenty would see spending a day on a large field watching lads flaking a small white ball around as weird.

Unbelievable Jeff :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Come on Ireland!! Beat the world champions 1-0 at home :)

• Advertisement

YGpCA5Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jesus - I picked a good one to go to,.

I hugged a friend in a way I haven't hugged sine Pool's last European Cup.

Delighted for Long - deserves it.

Was thinking (and was confirmed) 2001 was last time we had a a result at that level,

Germans looked like a team qualified - but **** it,

Atmosphere for last 1/2 hour must be best ever there.

Problem with modern stadia is the comfort - there is more than just sport going on - A drink , a burger, chips - it is all progress in theory - but a perfect example where theory doesn't work.

A great moment, when an English lad, came out into a rather large corporate section, and shouted "come on you posh ***** - get behind your team".

All the kerfuffle in the news this week has nearly sent Billy over the edge :D

21785939224_9300a2a5b6_o.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got a present today, off the inventors father!!
    Looking forward to getting it fitted to a putter to try out.

charlieIRL wrote: »

C:confused:

C:confused:

Did you look at the photo? P2 Putter grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They're nice, a bit like the old ping grip.

Paddy (and a few on the smaller tours) used it for a while at one stage.

Did you look at the photo? P2 Putter grip.

Only top half of photo is coming up for me and all I can see us a telephone wire!

I thought you were going to hang your putter....... :D

Only top half of photo is coming up for me and all I can see us a telephone wire!

I thought you were going to hang your putter....... :D

I might yet!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Folks, phoning around for car insurance there last week and the AIG GUI rate was waaaay cheaper than the alternatives, well worth giving them a bell, I saved nearly €200

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement