Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

slave1 wrote: »
    Folks, phoning around for car insurance there last week and the AIG GUI rate was waaaay cheaper than the alternatives, well worth giving them a bell, I saved nearly €200
    Asked a price comparison crowd for a quote and they couldn't get anywhere near the gui rate. Person on phone thought I was pulling their leg with quote I got from aig gui.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i've never had a quote from them that was any good :(

mind you, i'll be ringing them again come january and hoping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

No affiliation with the company, but I got a decent quote from Blue for a 2 year policy - also worth a call, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

GUI AIG was also about €150 cheaper for me for the car.

Useless for home insurance though.

Kinda getting bored looking at shadows through the smog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    Kinda getting bored looking at shadows through the smog!

Yeah, was ridiculous. Didn't even see the Irish goal being scored until the lads started celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

010IJR5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great achievement for a limited enough team.

Still a weak squad - but they are playing their heart out for Ireland - so that in itself is admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I reckon we should create a new holiday - Jon Walters day.
    I love everything about that man :D

Was at U2 last night lads.

If you like their early stuff - class gig.

In fact not even a gig, more a play.

Make sure you listen to their new album if going.

Would love to go again - think I will.

• Advertisement

Was at U2 last night lads.

If you like their early stuff - class gig.

In fact not even a gig, more a play.

Make sure you listen to their new album if going.

Would love to go again - think I will.

Friday ? I owe ya

Friday ? I owe ya

Think I will go.

Only thing - think I'll be crying at that show in Dublin. :D:D

New album is very moving.

Make sure you listen to it a good bit - 3/4 songs on it are as good as anything U2 have ever done.

Think I will go.

Only thing - think I'll be crying at that show in Dublin. :D:D

New album is very moving.

Make sure you listen to it a good bit - 3/4 songs on it are as good as anything U2 have ever done.

I'm a big fan. Album is brilliant. I think even the haters who gave out about getting it free on their iTunes have even come around now.

Only thing is, they are cheap seats :( good for the wallet, bad for the show

I agree with you though, it's not your normal gig is it. I posted that over on the thread. It's definitely more a show than a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Leicester on top of the Prem.

No, not even Nostradamus got that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just left Ikea and am now in liffey valley, what have I done to deserve this torture!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Just left Ikea and am now in liffey valley, what have I done to deserve this torture!!!

It's not as if you even played golf yesterday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It's not as if you even played golf yesterday!

Rub it in even more thanks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Anyone else wondering what in the name of god is going on in the premier league. Its ****ing hilarious.

Chelsea loosing there marbles after winning last year. Liverpool seeming to come into form only to be ****e again immediately. City trying there best to throw it away. Arsenal being Arsenal. United playing absolutely woeful stuff. Leicester being Barcelona. Watford surprising also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Tell me about it and I'm a Liverpool supporter for my sins. Although I thing its great I would love to see Leicester win the league that would just be amazing....

benny79 wrote: »
    Tell me about it and I'm a Liverpool supporter for my sins. Although I thing its great I would love to see Leicester win the league that would just be amazing....

I'd rather see Liverpool win it :(

But at this stage i think i'll sertte for a few winning results before the season is out.

Interesting to see if Klippity Klopp goes shopping in January. I know they've lost a few silly games and other poor draws, but there is still something about this guy. I have a strong feeling that he is going to be the man to really get Liverpool back in contention

• Advertisement

I definitely agree with you there!! He's the only Manager in a very long time that I'm excited about!! He just oozes positively! Although I dont think he will be splashing the cash over Jan.. As seemly he has repeatly said he wont be and he wants to give the players till the end of the season to prove themselves..

Which I think is fair enough but definitely think we need a quality keeper asap..I also think this is one of the greatest chances of winning the league as its been so inconsistent, If any team could get a bit of form going...I can actually see Leicester winning it!!

benny79 wrote: »
    I definitely agree with you there!! He's the only Manager in a very long time that I'm excited about!! He just oozes positively! Although I dont think he will be splashing the cash over Jan.. As seemly he has repeatly said he wont be and he wants to give the players till the end of the season to prove themselves..

Which I think is fair enough but definitely think we need a quality keeper asap..I also think this is one of the greatest chances of winning the league as its been so inconsistent, If any team could get a bit of form going...I can actually see Leicester winning it!!

We definitely did suffer new manager overperformance . He should get things right over next 2 to 3 seasons.

The basic problems for Liverpool have not changed because of a new manager.

They lack top level quality in every part of the pitch.

They have been paying big money for mid level pros and are mid level. Anyone they get that is above mid level, leaves. Very difficult situation.

We are also blinded by the odd brilliance of Coutinho and Firmino . Sturridge is not really a liverpool player at this stage, Benteke is a good target man who may get you 15 to 20 a year , not exactly a top striker. Lallana should be at Southampton, an average player but a regular at liverpool sums up our problmes, he has 5 goals for liverpool , yes 5 .

At the end of the day - they have scored only 20 goals (top teams 30) , conceded 22 (top teams 15) .

The numbers in football rarely lie - they are scoring too little and conceding too much :D
    They are buying players not playing at top clubs, not scoring enough and not good enough.

They are not alone, but the money being spent on very average teams is unreal
    I don't like to pick out united - but United have the same sort of problems , with a better goalkeeper and way better squad.

What Leicester have done is bizarre, but shows how poor some of these 15 to 20 million pound per players squads/players are like.

Yeah but most players nowadays are over priced... Just the way its gone unfortunately.. Sure €50 mil doesn't even get you a world class player now.

Pulled out an old chord book from 2003 , flash from the past.

David Gray
    Cast
    The Verve
    Bell x1
    Blur
    Oasis
    Radiohead

Was banging away at this one, you can sometimes forget how bloody good they were - but not exactly christmas like.

Good tune

My eldest is going mad for U2 these days.... God knows why!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Off topic fail....but I think it highlights inability of some golf club management to manage

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/golf-club-is-ordered-to-pay-former-worker-24k-after-unfair-dismissal-case-34312787.html

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Happy Christmas ladies and gents. Hope santa brings ye all the gifts and point 1 ' s ye were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Make mine a -0.1. A sure it's Christmas, make it a double. Seein' as we're out, any one on for a session - see how many -.1's ya can handle?

Happy Christmas everone!

Ok watching U2 in Paris.

It is so ridiculous on so many levels.

But, if you dream, take a chance, let it go - you never know. .

No matter what anyone thinks of them, Jesus , it is past any brilliant imagination anyone we ever knew had.

They are basically doing what the dreamers dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Ok watching U2 in Paris.It is so ridiculous on so many levels.But, if you dream, take a chance, let it go - you never know. No matter what anyone thinks of them, Jesus , it is past any brilliant imagination anyone we ever knew had.They are basically doing what the dreamers dream.

How many have u had today fix ?? One too many by the sounds of it :)

Advertisement