Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm now a daddy. Had a baby girl on tuesday. I've already bought her her first starter set! However what's left of my game is sure to end from this point forward ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

benny79 wrote: »
    Yeah but most players nowadays are over priced... Just the way its gone unfortunately.. Sure €50 mil doesn't even get you a world class player now.

Mahrez and Vardy say hi!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm now a daddy. Had a baby girl on tuesday. I've already bought her her first starter set! However what's left of my game is sure to end from this point forward ;)

Don't be soft I took up golf when I had my first 5 years ago. Everyone needs an escape for sanity reasons. High expectations with the starter set tho my girls couldn't hit a ball till they were at least 3 months ha ha...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Congrats

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Congrats guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Congratulations and all the best wishes for you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Life without boards is underrated.

Jaysus lads, thought I had a life until boards went down :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

god the amount of work you get done!! May ask for a pay rise....:D

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, thought I had a life until boards went down :(

boards going down on me :(

look at the bright side though, at least something is going down on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    boards going down on me :(

look at the bright side though, at least something is going down on me :D

:eek:

Lads - is it just me or i the place still in bits.

Slow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:eek:

Lads - is it just me or i the place still in bits.

Slow ?

It appears they've programmed in some sort of a preamble to check to make sure your browser is not applying a ddos attack. Probably a temporary thing until it's all 100% again

It appears they've programmed in some sort of a preamble to check to make sure your browser is not applying a ddos attack. Probably a temporary thing until it's all 100% again

Its painfully slow, I give up. I can't play golf because all the courses are closed and I can't feckin talk about golf either! I'm away to buy a ferret.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Its painfully slow, I give up. I can't play golf because all the courses are closed and I can't feckin talk about golf either! I'm away to buy a ferret.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret-legging? :pac:

Dr.Rieux wrote: »

I like it and not weather dependant. :)

Ok, so with all the hype, myself and the missus watched Making a Murderer.
    We had heard how addictive it was supposed to be and set ourselves up for long nights of watching episode after episode.

We watched episode one and while we found it interesting, it just didn't grab us. It took us a week to watch, so we were not exactly gripped by it like the rest of the nation/world appears to have been. We really only watched till the end cause of Magnus Magnusson (we started so we finished) :)

As a documentary, it was way way way way to long. 3 episodes would have been more than enough. And there was no punch line at the end! I thought we were going to find out that either he was innocent again and released, only to find out that all this hatred towards him had "Made him into a Murderer" and he goes out and hunts down Lenk and co and wipes them out!

But in actual fact, about half way through episode 2, I had visions of the Blair Witch Project and I came to the conclusion that it is a hoax. After making it all the way to the end, I still believe it is a hoax. I actually laughed out loud when I seen the excused Juror sticking his oar in so much and as for the new girlfriend at the end!!!!!! Give me a break.

But then again, this is America we are looking at, so I stand to be corrected :eek:

Spoiler alert!

Think you need to be aware that it's a documentary, it's not a blockbuster Hollywood movie were everything is solved in the end. What you see in the documentary actually happened in real life.

I know this carry on goes on in Ireland but it's alot more prevalent in the US. The injustice shown towards this man was criminal. He had 22 people people who confirmed his alibi for the original rape in 1985, yet without a shred of evidence he was sentenced to 35 years in jail.

The whole case was bizarre from start to finish. I enjoyed it, watched it all in 3 days over Xmas. For me it outlined that if your poor in the US you're guilty until proven innocent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Spoiler alert!

Think you need to be aware that it's a documentary, it's not a blockbuster Hollywood movie were everything is solved in the end. What you see in the documentary actually happened in real life.

I know this carry on goes on in Ireland but it's alot more prevalent in the US. The injustice shown towards this man was criminal. He had 22 people people who confirmed his alibi for the original rape in 1985, yet without a shred of evidence he was sentenced to 35 years in jail.

The whole case was bizarre from start to finish. I enjoyed it, watched it all in 3 days over Xmas. For me it outlined that if your poor in the US you're guilty until proven innocent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

yea but I just don't believe it. Forget about the case(s) and all the shenanigans that went on. I'm talking about the footage (amount of it and the quality), the back stories, no names given for any of those journalists sitting in the courtroom, the interviews given by the lawyers, showing a 15 year old girl being interrogated on the witness stand like that :eek: I find it all a bit to far fetched. When the verdict was announced. You could of heard a pin drop, not a whimper of sadness, not a yelp of joy, not a sound at all. really?

I tried googling it. Now it was only a quick google admittedly, but I couldn't find any actual media reports, its all just about the documentary and all recent stuff. Except for one single page I found (that could have been mocked up) there was nothing from back in the day.

Oh yea, and I did say as a documentary, if it was real, it just went on way to long.

• Advertisement

Well I guarantee you Seve that it is actually real and did happen. Look on YouTube for news reports that were on TV at the time. It's not a setup. The man is still in jail as is the disabled kid.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Well I guarantee you Seve that it is actually real and did happen. Look on YouTube for news reports that were on TV at the time. It's not a setup. The man is still in jail as is the disabled kid.

America What!

In that case he could well be guilty as F......
    We were only shown one side of the story. Probably videoed by one of the family. Actually, would have to have been videoed by one of them because nobody would spend that long making a documentary, so in depth. always there in the sitting room when phone calls were being made. and there is another thing, talk about freedom of information, they seem to have no bounds as to access to all those calls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I found something a bit off with the brother the whole way through that thing. And also noticed that in the video clips they showed of the girl before she died, that she says something along the lines of...

"I love my mother, I love my father, I love my sister, I love my family", and no specific mention of the brother at all.

That and the fact that supposedly the ex boyfriend was never questioned at all.

It is infuriating to watch & think that it can actually have happened. How it could be possible to compound that many F' ups & for it not to come out.

The lawyer Dean Strang (sp?) was on Ray D'Arcy at the weekend, and despite Ray's appalling interview, one strong point he made was...someone who is guilty basically always eventually gives something away, but theres never been ever a slight slip in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Hey guys. Is there a thread here like the one for pole forked greens except for courses that are using mats due to weather conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Hey guys. Is there a thread here like the one for pole forked greens except for courses that are using mats due to weather conditions?

Off topic fail.

FYI clubs don't decide to use fairway mats at the drop of a hat, e.g. current bad weather, they decide well in advance and it's has to do with the growing season, also it's usually top links courses only that employ this form of turf protection.

me nerves are shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Off topic fail.

FYI clubs don't decide to use fairway mats at the drop of a hat, e.g. current bad weather, they decide well in advance and it's has to do with the growing season, also it's usually top links courses only that employ this form of turf protection.

Glad to hear I'm playing on a top links :D

We're using them, and generally do each winter as part of the course maintenance strategy. The way it's been explained is that damage to the course at this time of the year takes a long time to 'heal' so a few weeks of mats means the course is in better shape coming into spring which makes for better golf through to autumn early winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

_DMac_ wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98168555

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just thought I'd pop this in here:

My car was stolen on Tuesday night and my Scotty Cameron Futura X with counter balance grip went with it.
    It's distinguishable by the fact that I redid the paint on the weights with nail polish because the paint had chipped off. If anyone sees it anywhere I'd be grateful for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just thought I'd pop this in here:

My car was stolen on Tuesday night and my Scotty Cameron Futura X with counter balance grip went with it.
    It's distinguishable by the fact that I redid the paint on the weights with nail polish because the paint had chipped off. If anyone sees it anywhere I'd be grateful for the info.

Advertisement