Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,767 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Could be all above board.

But something the FAI should never be involved in, not to mention a denial.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0604/705872-delaney-confirm-fifa-payment-to-fai/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Delaney reminds me of Blatter, just without the carisma.

PARlance wrote: »
    Delaney reminds me of Blatter, just without the carisma.

I think this is the one John will fall on - every legend has a day.

Real interesting thing is will it be in accounts.

Already - FIFA have a different version of it - saying it was a loan.

Unless I'm going mad, wasn't this payoff public knowledge as soon as it was agreed? it was just the amount that wasn't confirmed, but everyone had the ballpark figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Quit it lads or I'll have yis redacted ok....

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Unless I'm going mad, wasn't this payoff public knowledge as soon as it was agreed? it was just the amount that wasn't confirmed, but everyone had the ballpark figure.

ok - but they were reporting today - denial at one stage.

Why was this new news today - or why was it confirmed by FAI today ?

Anyone know.

I guess it is all about, if it is in accounts.

ok - but they were reporting today - denial at one stage.

Why was this new news today - or why was it confirmed by FAI today ?

Anyone know.

I guess it is all about, if it is in accounts.

Not sure really, wasn't following the news, but I guess it has just arisen again as anything to do with Blatter will sell / get page views etc.

My understanding is that he couldn't disclose the amount. Was that the "denial"?

Re the accounts, the FAI were saying it was a once off payment so that could be classed (impossible to see) amongst all it's other revenue. If it was a loan (as Fifa seem to be saying) then you would be able to see it on the balance sheet... but FAI didn't seem to do that as they didn't see it as one.

I would love to see Delaney replaced by someone half decent but I doubt this will be his downfall. We can only hope Sepp slipped a bit of cash into his personal account.

If Fifa are saying the "loan" was to be re classed as revenue upon failing to qualify for 2014 then I suppose there could be a case that the FAI were incentivised not to qualify... that could get a bit sticky for Delaney I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0605/706238-paolo-tullio-death/

Was wondering why I haven't heard this guy on the radio in a good while, he must have been ill. He'll be missed, one of the nice guys

Seve OB wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0605/706238-paolo-tullio-death/

Was wondering why I haven't heard this guy on the radio in a good while, he must have been ill. He'll be missed, one of the nice guys

Really enjoyed watching & listening to him. A proper nice guy which isn't always the case with superb chefs and critics. He did look very poorly the last time I watched The Restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Also lost an absolute legend in rugby union former all blacks flanker Jerry Collins. Possibly one of my favourite All Black players in the last 10/15 years. Great to watch with so much charisma and personality.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have to say, as much as I dislike Delaney the press release on the RTE website re the FIFA money looks quite decent

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Have to say, as much as I dislike Delaney the press release on the RTE website re the FIFA money looks quite decent

I hate the man but he got one hell of a deal.

I agree. He is a prize knob.

However I watched the interview (looked like it was in his house) the other night and I thought he answered all the questions. Showed where it was in the accounts and showed it on the bank statements, and showed the confidentiality agreement with fifa, so it does all look above board.

I really don't know why people are gripping about this. It was a great deal for the FAI and Irish football. Let's face it, there was never any way in he'll there was going to be a rematch or a 33rd team! The ref cocked up, but that happens week in, week out and we never see concessions because if it. So the FAI had 2 choices, suck it up and do nothing or threaten legal action and hope for a settlement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I'm always proud to be irish but the fact Ireland "fans" are booing Sterling(presumably because he wants out of liverpool) is deeply mortifying

ForeRight wrote: »
    I'm always proud to be irish but the fact Ireland "fans" are booing Sterling(presumably because he wants out of liverpool) is deeply mortifying

An embarrassment!

ForeRight wrote: »

Maybe they are booing him cause he has a few kids with different women....its a catholic ireland thing!

I never thought the FAI had a hope on the whole handball thing, it was about Blatter's decision to rank the playoffs to aid France's place in the finals..

30 years ago, mcguigan v pedroza, Mr guigan singing.

Lads, if ye're on Twitter follow Jimmy Walker, he rarely tweets but some of his amateur space shots are class

CIULKT7VEAA-Hgc.jpg:large

Ah **** off Kanye

• Advertisement

Dealerz wrote: »
    Ah **** off Kanye

Watched it too.

Was at times , brilliant, rubbish, edgy, visually amazing, confusing.

Was a very very strange act for that gig.

But - I guess you could say, was some show. Even if you didn't like it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Dealerz wrote: »

The Nike one is interesting. Not new news necessarily, but ties a portion of the story of the black-souled corporate they are together nicely. No mention of golf I see. Must be managed by a different division...

I don't know what to make of the Mickelson piece. I don't think its unreasonable to believe that someone like him would have little contact with his own finances. They'd be handled by someone else normally and he'd be given regular overviews on where he stood financially. This looks like someone targeted him as a sports better and took it from there. I could be wrong. Of course, the US media will talk this to death long before we get any details...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Anyone heading to the Frames gig tomorrow in the Iveagh Gardens?

Anyone want to go? My sister and her hubby pulled out at the last minute so have 2 spare tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I'm speechless!!!!!

Cannings goal for Galway just there!!!!

Oh

My

Blesses!

I know Women's Football is fantastic now - but 4 - 0 in 15 minutes for US versus Japan (bit of a joke). A goal from 1/2 way just there was class.

In fairness we got that with Germany V Brazil this time last year in WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Big Phil M was spotted in Howth village yesterday with his entourage. A mate (politely) asked for a pic so he grabbed the camera phone and did the deed with his customary smile. Then a very quick chat about Rory and off their separate ways. Absolute gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

All the years of torture supporting ucd finally paying off. I'll get to enjoy the next two weeks also :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone else up to watch McGregor? Hon the Irish!! ðŸ€

Advertisement