Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nocoverart wrote: »
    Just my personal taste but if It's similar to Bennicasim with the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Dizziee Rascal and The Killers this wont interest me in the slightest. I personally don't think it will share much of that line-up though, hopefully!

Id pick a line up like Beni then something like another EP type of festival . No offence its just most of the bands that play EP would not interest me in the slightest (bar a few like Flaming Lips etc) .

Guess/hope :

Bloc Party
    The Killers
    Gaslight Anthem
    Stereophonics
    Jake Bugg
    The Strypes
    Mumford and Sons
    Editors
    The heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Id pick a line up like Beni then something like another EP type of festival . No offence its just most of the bands that play EP would not interest me in the slightest (bar a few like Flaming Lips etc) .

Guess/hope :

Bloc Party
    The Killers
    Gaslight Anthem
    Stereophonics
    Jake Bugg
    The Strypes
    Mumford and Sons
    Editors
    The heavy

I'd rather spend the weekend with a blind alcoholic dentist than sit through half of that lot, unless that's what's been played on the Dentists radio at the time :(

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the weekend with a blind alcoholic dentist than sit through half of that lot, unless that's what's been played on the Dentists radio at the time :(

That dentist sounds like a cool guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

That dentist sounds like a cool guy

Now there's an oxymoron..in my experience at least..yeah liking the look of the festival..its mostly pop indie..bats for lashes etc..but Battles & M83 on the Sunday would be a fine day out indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

so is FF goin ahead this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Rastadoyle wrote: »

Not looking great at the moment. No rumours going about and nothing mentioned from POD.

Also a few of the bands playing at Optimus Pramavera Sound (the same weekend as FF ) and could possibly play FF have announced their own headline shows in Dublin this summer or later in the year.
    I'll be very disapointed if FF is cancelled.

notnumber wrote: »
    Now there's an oxymoron..in my experience at least..yeah liking the look of the festival..its mostly pop indie..bats for lashes etc..but Battles & M83 on the Sunday would be a fine day out indeed.

Ah i wouldnt mind a good combo of different types tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

No interest in going if its not camping, Is Marley park big enough for 4 stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Do you think EP will still go ahead this year with the announcements of longitude and oxegen???? Really hope so cos oxegen does not appeal to me and am away on hols when longitude is on:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not sure if FF will go ahead or not but fairly confident it won't be in 3 cities like earlier planned. Shame really because I would of taken a trip to Galway for FF over any other festival on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    well they're booking acts anyway, so probably. usually isn't announced until end of Feb.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/02/19/the-national-cork-june-2013/#comment-1361281889-588-38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

any chance of jamie t at this,he is bringing out a new album this year!

No interest in going if its not camping, Is Marley park big enough for 4 stages?

They could fit 2 stages comfortabley(with the usual set up at gigs) there but suppose we wont know till later on if they are even gonna have 2 . Also maybe they will use more of the park aswell you will never know

Yea cant wait for Wed now to hear the line up announcement plus i have family who literally live 10mins away from Marlay Park.....Free place to stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hoping for Bloc Party.

Jake Bugg will probably play every stage every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Dammit, was going to get tickets for Beach House that weekend but this sounds interesting. Might hold out til the line-up is announced, hopefully Beach house won't sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Beach House are class live... and have grown in reputation... could well do.

Yyyeah... Maybe I'll buy the Beach House ticket... Can always sell it if Longitude starts to look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Mr.S wrote: »
    We are spoiled for choice this Summer! Forbidden Fruit / Longitude / Body & Soul / Oxegen / Electric Picnic among others.

I really fail to see how EP can actually go ahead now. I don't think the market is there to support all these festivals (plus the indie ones and all the large outdoor gigs already announced).

I don't see how Forbidden Fruit can go ahead, Longitude just seems like it's going to be too similar. Are they both run by the same people?

• Advertisement

dia squish wrote: »
    I don't see how Forbidden Fruit can go ahead, Longitude just seems like it's going to be too similar. Are they both run by the same people?

Nope FF is POD

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

I think this will literally be like a mini Electric Picnic, with lots of exposure for bands who'd usually play EP on a small stage or early in the day. Potentially going to be amazing! It'll be better than Oxegen anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Well Forbidden fruit is the first weekend of June so the lineup will be different for one, also FF will more then likely be smaller/cheaper then Longitude. And a Furious-red said, run by POD.

The organisers have said its 100% going ahead, they would have known about Longitude, they must think they can pull it off!

I can see the smaller festivals doing very well and EP selling badly this year though.

second that... EP will struggle... it could be the last. I hope it surprises us though and pulls the crowds in and make most of the 10th anniversary tag...

Confirmed it a non camping event :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Not gonna be traipsing out to Marlay Park 3 days in a row, might pick one day if any day has a standout lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I assume Marley Park still has a very early curfew, yeah? That's the one issue I had with Forbidden Fruit. Was only there for one day in 2011 and while it was good, it was still pretty much bright when I was leaving. I understand the reasoning behind it, just a shame that's how it has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I know we're talking different promoters but booking Grizzly Bear and Beach House in the Iveagh Gardens over the same weekend as Longitude seems to have lacked a bit of foresight...

Won't be in the country for Longitude so am more keen to hear about what Forbidden Fruit has to offer. Will be interesting to see how the pool of acts will be dispersed between the two city festivals and Electric Picnic.

Good tbh, out before last bus home, lots of things will be happening in town (dj sets from artists etc) then back again in the morning.

Will keep ticket costs down too.
    It will just mainly be people from Dublin going so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Assuming you live in Dublin, its hardly a trek ;)
    I always found it a chore to get back out of there from any of the marlay gigs though, regardless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ins't that the case with most Dublin gigs though? If you want to go for the 3 days try getting a group of friends and renting an apartment in the city centre when you split the costs it can work out cheap! They easily sleeps quite a few!

--

What do people think the prices will be / willing to pay?

Expecting something like €60-70 for day tickets, €90-100 for 2 day tickets and around €130 for 3 day tickets?

That sounds about right, hoping the lineup is good, as I'll have Grizzly Bear the night before also...

Advertisement