Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

RP site.

Newbury gallop cancelled
    A sharp overnight frost at Newbury thwarted Nicky Henderson's plan to work four horses, including Simonsig and Grandouet, this morning. The work session will be delayed until 7.00am tomorrow. Temperatures at Newbury dipped to -2.5c. (12 hours ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Worked today with Simonsig. Grey horse was electric supposedly over a mile and a quarter but nothing suprising there.

Huntley wrote: »
    Worked today with Simonsig. Grey horse was electric supposedly over a mile and a quarter but nothing suprising there.
    Nothing to report on grandouet , I.e. looking well or was it all about simonsig?

Reading on racingpost the Newbury gallop didn't happen. Did you get this information from Lambourne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They went back to Lambourn and had it there after Newbury was frozen this morning.

ste2010 wrote: »
    Nothing to report on grandouet , I.e. looking well or was it all about simonsig?

Not much, David Bass was on Grandouet. 4 horses worked (Ferguson's horse was one not sure who the other animal was), Simonsig and Grandouet held up in behind, the grey eventually ran on past everything.

Everybody apart from the dog in seven barrows is of the opinion that he could have won a Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

"Simonsig is always a flashy worker here; he's breathtaking," said Henderson. "By the look of things, Grandouet probably needed this work more than the others.

"I'll probably do a little bit more with him and a few others here on Friday. It's too late by then to be having away-days to a racecourse."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Johner wrote: »
    "Simonsig is always a flashy worker here; he's breathtaking," said Henderson. "By the look of things, Grandouet probably needed this work more than the others.

"I'll probably do a little bit more with him and a few others here on Friday. It's too late by then to be having away-days to a racecourse."

I'd have thought top trainers would have the horses spot on by now. It has to be worrying him only having that one run.

It's a bit worrying that Nicky Henderson thinks Grandouet needs the work..not ideal. My doubts are raising if I will go in even further with my money. I wonder if the pressure is on with the owners to make sure he runs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Dont know how anybody could back this with confidence,all the messing about with supposed injuries and it has ran once in about 2 seaons (and got beaten) Brave men.

What do people think of Long Run?
    Sure why not just call the thread the national hunt racing thread!
    How are you feeling about grandouet given his preparation upsets? Surely have to be doubting??

ste2010 wrote: »
    Sure why not just call the thread the national hunt racing thread!
    How are you feeling about grandouet given his preparation upsets? Surely have to be doubting??

It is a joke at this stage.

Not ideal but I'll try and get a write up done tonight and will go into it in more detail.

It is a joke at this stage.

Not ideal but I'll try and get a write up done tonight and will go into it in more detail.
    I'm not going to tank into him now. Ive got a fairly significant amount on him at the moment (€2.50) :D
    Disappointed before the race has even started..all jokes aside how could they make such a stupid mistake leaving it so long to getting workout into him. Do Trainers not have such thing as contingency to think of...I'd be disappointed if I was the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads can we stay on topic, I've had to delete about three thousand posts

Not one of my better pieces to be honest but howsoever.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Champion Hurdle is without doubt the most lucrative hurdle race bar none. With 8 hurdles to jump this 2 mile ½ furlong contest epitomises the very best speed horses in the National Hunt, and I have made no effort to hide my confidence in Grandouet. This French gelding is probably my favourite horse in training as of now, partly because I believe he hasn’t fulfilled his potential. The potential class of this horse was first prevalent when he was considered a strong contender for the 2011 Triumph. After travelling powerfully throughout the race with his high cruising speed he found nothing when asked to go and win his race. That effort was reminiscent of a typical French horse, too exuberant for his own good and he faltered badly when he hitting the rising ground. Grandouets next challenge came in the juvenile at Aintree, when the horse was brought down at the last when he came rattling with a strong challenge. Connections decided to let him take his chance across the pond at Punchestown and he duly obliged beating a weak field by 9 lengths, turning over an over the top favourite in Unaccompanied. His seasonal reappearance in 2011 showed further evidence of the horses ‘greenness’, when seemingly full of running he ploughed through a hurdle and hit the deck. An easy spin around Haydock preceded that misfortune and despite running away from the field around this sharp track he struggled to race behind the bit.

The 2011 Bula provided the horse with his stiffest test to date, where he raced out of 4 year old company for the first time. Despite having filled out his gangly frame there was still reservations about Grandouet getting up the hill, he had faltered on two attempts previously. However, I had every faith that the horse had matured and he didn’t disappoint that day when given an educational ride by Barry Geraghty. He cruised around hard on the steel on that occasion and tried to pop his head out at every opportunity. A tight reign forced him to alter his style and once Barry left him out he didn’t disappoint, scorching up the hill to a resounding 4 length victory. He got 4lbs from Overturn on that occasion but it was the manner of his ability to race that made him a potential Champion Hurdler for me. It was clear he had bundles of speed but this was the first sign of the horse growing up essentially, he wasn’t the novicey French gelding who simply wanted to run as fast as he could from flag-fall.

Unfortunately for Grandouet he had some tendon damage last year and was unable to race in the Champion. I have the utmost confidence that last years contest would have provided the ideal conditions for this speedster. He is the ultimate lurcher, he tracks everything with his exceptionally high cruising speed and would no doubt have been a major player. He was still only a 5 year old however and Rock on Ruby won that race like a class horse, so much so that I think he was one of the most deserving Champion Hurdle winners I have seen in recent memory. He was able to kick off the bend and gallop all the way to the line up the hill on that occasion, a remarkable performance in my eyes. There was certainly development to come from the French beast so it may have been a blessing in disguise that he wasn’t given a hard race while still developing.

This season Grandouet reappeared to defend his Bula crown on heavy ground at Cheltenham, facing up against the current Champion Hurdler and his Triumph nemesis Zarkandar (who was in receipt of 4lbs). After stalking the leaders he was surprisingly tapped for toe for a few strides at the bottom of the hill and never looked like the winner to me. It was a magnificent effort however for his reappearance and he showed remarkable tenacity to battle on conditions that didn’t favour him. Zarkandar was a deserving winner that day, but I believe he had ideal conditions on that occasion. He has won on a quick surface before in the Triumph was but there is no doubt he was the most developed at that time. Despite being a half brother to the great Zarkava the horse is a stamina laden animal, in terms of 2 mile hurdlers at this level he just lacks that raw speed for me. He wouldn’t be able to dictate the pace like he did had it been last years Champion, the deep ground enabled him to do that in the Bula whilst making his stamina a big factor in the closing stages. His only chance of winning the Champion Hurdle for me is if he gets genuine soft ground where he can put in a similar performance. On good ground I think his lack of toe will result in him suffering, and when his stamina becomes a factor not many of the main principles will have been waiting for him. Zarkandar was comprehensively outpaced last year and despite having a much more favourable preparation this time he won’t be finding another gear that I think he lacks. On deep ground where he can dictate a slow pace he is a player, anything other than that and he has little chance in my opinion.

The defending Champion Rock on Ruby never received the adulation that he deserved for last years performance, with many expecting the superstar Hurricane Fly to dot up. Rock on Ruby has been geared towards one race this season, which is exactly the type of animal I like to have on my side. There is no point going into this contest with a horse who has already run his best this season, something which Harry Fry has been sure not to do with his stable star. His seasonal reappearance was a pleasing effort, he put Zarkandar under pressure for a couple of strides but faded badly when he had to go to the tank. He was reportedly very heavy that day and he stripped fitter next time out when running at Doncaster. He certainly looked to be a sitting duck for the ill fated Darlan on that occasion but there was no faulting his effort in winning, despite it not being one that could be associated with a Champion Hurdle winning performance. On good ground I think he is a massive danger and a worthy contender. He needs to improve on his performances this year but I have no doubt he will do that if he gets his favoured conditions.

In hindsight the 2012 race provided a proposition to Hurricane Fly that he had never faced previously. Despite having won off a quick pace before and at the course, I don’t think it complimented his ability. The sheer pace of the race meant that he couldn’t get near the leaders when they turned for home, despite finding plenty for pressure. He didn’t run a bad race that day and personally I don’t give much substance to the bad ride theory, he was held up like he was when winning it in 2011. I think the scorching pace simply ran him off his feet over conditions that were probably unfavourable. He is another who has had a more satisfying preparation this season but he looked flawless in January 2012, and Mullins himself has since said he was happy going to Cheltenham with the horse. It is widely suggested now that the horse was struggling prior to that effort earlier in the season and in hindsight he wasn’t as right as connections assumed. That seems like an after thought to me, and although his preparation has been more favourable I don’t think the Hurricane Fly of 2011 would have even won last years contest. A slowly run race shows him at his best, he finds plenty off the bridle and his turn of foot is electric enabling him to run away from the field (Exactly what he has predominantly been doing in Ireland). A faster pace negates that ability as we saw and a similar run race would see him struggle again in my opinion. On softer ground I think he is a massive player, he could change the pace of the contest in 5 strides that would leave everything else struggling through the mud.

The unusual conditions that entrenched the National Hunt season this year didn’t show any mercy for the hurdlers, and Grandouet is probably one of the market principles who has been affected most. I initially foresaw a 3 season schedule that would have been an ideal preparation, but the conditions put paid to that dream. It is clear the horse is as brittle as they come, and many have drawn direct comparisons from this season with last. However, apart from a bit of fluid in his leg the horse has never genuinely worried connections throughout this season. His lack of a prep run has no doubt been a negative, but running over bog like conditions in the Kingwell wouldn’t have been ideal either. Ultimately it boils down to confidence in the trainers decision, this season has proven to be a confusing one so while others have chosen to run their horses on the conditions others have felt the would be best suited not to. I wouldn’t question Henderson’s judgement in this regard and even if the horse doesn’t win I couldn’t definitively say whether he chose the correct option. This Friday sees him doing his final piece of fast work that connections believe he needs, and hopefully that will have him in as good as a condition as this season has allowed. The big concern for me is the ground, on good ground with a decent pace he has a huge chance. On softer ground I have my reservations, partly due to the conditions blunting his high cruising speed which is his main weapon. A re-run of last years race would be ideal but that looks a pipe dream at this stage. As long as the ground is decent and the pace isn’t sedate I have every confidence in Grandouet being a major player, with Rock on Ruby a huge danger. More than anything I hope we get a fairly run race on decent conditions, a soft ground slowly run affair would be disastrous and not becoming of how a Champion Hurdle should be.

When I first dabbled onto this site in late 2011 my very first selection was Grandouet (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056453603). My confidence has never dwindled since, he has been extremely unlucky and he will be one of the rare animals to win a Champion Hurdle at his first attempt at a Grade 1 in open company. Should he win it would be fitting that the first horse to receive one of my plaudits should be the last.

I am a Grandouet fan. However, its that lack of a recent run that is so off putting. Henderson will be required to do likewise with Bob's Worth, but I have more faith in him with that horse given Bob Worths course record and he is not as fragile. I do not believe Henderson can possibly manage to get both to win without a prep run. After reading your analysis, and the bullish update from Harry Fry on Rock on Ruby, it's time to put my colours to the mast.

Rock on Ruby for me. I just cannot back grandouet now, regardless of what he does this Friday.

I am a Grandouet fan. However, its that lack of a recent run that is so off putting. Henderson will be required to do likewise with Bob's Worth, but I have more faith in him with that horse given Bob Worths course record and he is not as fragile. I do not believe Henderson can possibly manage to get both to win without a prep run. After reading your analysis, and the bullish update from Harry Fry on Rock on Ruby, it's time to put my colours to the mast.

Rock on Ruby for me. I just cannot back grandouet now, regardless of what he does this Friday.

I wouldnt listen to what harry fry has to say,hes not going to come out and see the horse has no chance,which is my stance on him,he will not be winning back to back Champions!

He was going to be destroyed by Darlan last time,he beat country wide flame by only a few lenghts,country wide flame will be lapped in a champion hurdle,he was put in his place at aintree (over further in fairness) and grandeout and zarkandar left him for dead on his first run of the season,I doubt he was completely unfit that day like its been said because someone told me he looked great in the paddock.

SRFC wrote: »
    I wouldnt listen to what harry fry has to say,hes not going to come out and see the horse has no chance,which is my stance on him,he will not be winning back to back Champions!

He was going to be destroyed by Darlan last time,he beat country wide flame by only a few lenghts,country wide flame will be lapped in a champion hurdle,he was put in his place at aintree (over further in fairness) and grandeout and zarkandar left him for dead on his first run of the season,I doubt he was completely unfit that day like its been said because someone told me he looked great in the paddock.

There's a recent interview with Harry Fry online. He gave a very good word for that chaser (xxxxxx Batman?) who then went out & beat Rolling Aces recently. The younger, more progressive trainers tend to talk a lot straighter than those aged through years of training & briefing media. He re-affirmed that his training schedule is spot on & has gone uninter-rupted. He also stated he is stronger this year. I do believe what he says. Youn don't - thats fine by me.

On ROR, he has stated he was being aimed at 1 day all season. He was clearly unfit when beaten over CD recently, tiring before being eased down. He ran a cracker against the ill fated Darlan. Only 2 horses made it to the line. While Darlan was travelling the best, whether he would have won or found off the bridle is a little off the point. There was only one horse destroyed, unfortunately.

Aintree - correct, different distance etc.

I place a great store in 3 items going into the Festival - they are well trotted out but its no harm refocusing as you can get caught up in all sorts of clobber in the run up each year.

1. Course Form.
    2. Recent Run (40-50days).
    3. Horses can only peak for 1 time in a season.

Rock on Ruby fits all 3 & is the reigning Champ. Thats what swings it for me but I'm not going to try to convince others to back him. Just my opinions & who I'm backing. As I said, I was with Grandouet, but 1 too many doubts. Too risky a proposition going into the Championship race.

Huntley did a good write up here. While perhaps not intended, in a perverse way, it has convinced me not to back Grandouet.

I can understand your reservations. I've probably forgot an angle or two there but I do think RoR needs a decent surface and would wait to ensure he gets that. I haven't even backed Grandouet myself, I declined to take a price due to his fragility and am more than happy to wait until the day at this stage.

Why are you taking his form so literally? If he runs as he has done this season he wouldn't win a Champion, that is blatantly obvious. There is definite improvement in him should he get a sound surface, or do you think otherwise?

• Advertisement

I can understand your reservations. I've probably forgot an angle or two there but I do think RoR needs a decent surface and would wait to ensure he gets that. I haven't even backed Grandouet myself, I declined to take a price due to his fragility and am more than happy to wait until the day at this stage.

Why are you taking his form so literally? If he runs as he has done this season he wouldn't win a Champion, that is blatantly obvious. There is definite improvement in him should he get a sound surface, or do you think otherwise?

Cant have that form last season no way overturn improved so much to finish infront of him after being behind him the previous year,he was a pacemaker that season but still,binocular got too close to hurricane fly imo cant be credible form,zarkandar wasnt right,I just cant see him winning the CH back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

So we should all just listen to you and your hearsay instead? :P Exact same applies to Hurricane Fly but yet you still believe Mullins talk about him not being right last year? Why you believe Mullins and not Fry? Fry comes across already as one of the most honest trainers to me....he was on ATR a few weeks back and gave opening Batsman as his horse to back in the upcoming weekend when most trainers would play cards close to their chest, it duly won at a nice price. ALL trainers are going to talk positively about their horses...if they didn't there'd be something seriously wrong and unhappy owners.

With regards to ROR...you've clearly chosen to just ignore the fact that he needs better ground and his Cheltenham form - 12213 - which is pretty damn good. But of course why would one bother looking at horses for courses when betting! :rolleyes:

There's a recent interview with Harry Fry online. He gave a very good word for that chaser (xxxxxx Batman?) who then went out & beat Rolling Aces recently. The younger, more progressive trainers tend to talk a lot straighter than those aged through years of training & briefing media. He re-affirmed that his training schedule is spot on & has gone uninter-rupted. He also stated he is stronger this year. I do believe what he says. Youn don't - thats fine by me.

On ROR, he has stated he was being aimed at 1 day all season. He was clearly unfit when beaten over CD recently, tiring before being eased down. He ran a cracker against the ill fated Darlan. Only 2 horses made it to the line. While Darlan was travelling the best, whether he would have won or found off the bridle is a little off the point. There was only one horse destroyed, unfortunately.

Aintree - correct, different distance etc.

I place a great store in 3 items going into the Festival - they are well trotted out but its no harm refocusing as you can get caught up in all sorts of clobber in the run up each year.

1. Course Form.
    2. Recent Run (40-50days).
    3. Horses can only peak for 1 time in a season.

Rock on Ruby fits all 3 & is the reigning Champ. Thats what swings it for me but I'm not going to try to convince others to back him. Just my opinions & who I'm backing. As I said, I was with Grandouet, but 1 too many doubts. Too risky a proposition going into the Championship race.

Huntley did a good write up here. While perhaps not intended, in a perverse way, it has convinced me not to back Grandouet.

Sorry only read this now and kinda repeated your point! :P

jimjamcos wrote: »
    So we should all just listen to you and your hearsay instead? :P Exact same applies to Hurricane Fly but yet you still believe Mullins talk about him not being right last year? Why you believe Mullins and not Fry? Fry comes across already as one of the most honest trainers to me....he was on ATR a few weeks back and gave opening Batsman as his horse to back in the upcoming weekend when most trainers would play cards close to their chest, it duly won at a nice price. ALL trainers are going to talk positively about their horses...if they didn't there'd be something seriously wrong and unhappy owners.

With regards to ROR...you've clearly chosen to just ignore the fact that he needs better ground and his Cheltenham form - 12213 - which is pretty damn good. But of course why would one bother looking at horses for courses when betting! :rolleyes:

Eh if you seen hurricane flys run in punchestown you can tell he wasnt right you dont need mullins to tell you that,My mate was in the paddock he has no reason to lie he said it looked well wasnt carrying condition to his eye, ill bump your post when rock on ruby gets stuffed next week and you will look rather silly.

Cant have that form last season no way overturn improved so much to finish infront of him after being behind him the previous year,he was a pacemaker that season but still,binocular got too close to hurricane fly imo cant be credible form,zarkandar wasnt right,I just cant see him winning the CH back to back.

Binocular has only faced Hurricane Fly once at Cheltenham, last year, so you have absolutely no other form over track and ground to make the above highlighted statement. Forget any Irish form between them as Binocular has good Cheltenham form, likes the course and the usual better ground. You're using Irish form to justifying placings in a Cheltenham race, just doesn't make sense to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Binocular has only faced Hurricane Fly once at Cheltenham, last year, so you have absolutely no other form over track and ground to make the above highlighted statement. Forget any Irish form between them as Binocular has good Cheltenham form, likes the course and the usual better ground. You're using Irish form to justifying placings in a Cheltenham race, just doesn't make sense to me!

Binoculars form in Cheltenham reads 2314, this is considered by you as ''good Cheltenham form'', Hurricane Fly has course figures of 13, with the 3rd been ahead of Binocular, yet the course we are told doesn't suit him :confused:

Hurricane Fly has finished ahead of Binocular all three times they have raced, once at Cheltenham and twice on Good Ground, they are the same age and Binocular has had more races, I can't for one second see why any logical arguement could be made for Binocular finishing ahead of Hurricane Fly, am I missing something?

He may not win back to back Champions but that doesn't mean that the form from last year was worthless.

It was the fastest champion hurdle run since Brave Inca won. A blistering pace was set out front and two horses, who stay further than 2 miles and are Grade 1 animals, were best suited by it. They simply didn't stop in front, every horse in the race had the chance to go and win it. I've never been a massive fan of Binocular but the argument with him was that he would always be a different animal around Cheltenham when he got a blistering pace. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Hurricane Fly was the one who didn't improve for the fierce pace, while everything else around him did. There is an angle that Hurricane Fly may have run below his best, but that doesn't mean that the form of the race is rubbished as a result. For what it is worth I think he probably ran no more than 2 or 3 lbs below what he is capable of. His Punchestown effort was probably 7lbs off but the further demise can be attributed to his tough race in the Champion in an interrupted season.

I can accept that there is improvement in him from last years effort but not to the extent that others seem to believe. People are too quick to dismiss that effort because he looked so unbeatable before hand, the facts are that he encountered circumstances that he hadn't before and it transpired to be the formula to get him beat.

You can be sure that if he wins this year it will be a slower run affair than 2012, which looks likely at this stage.

Eh if you seen hurricane flys run in punchestown you can tell he wasnt right you dont need mullins to tell you that,My mate was in the paddock he has no reason to lie he said it looked well wasnt carrying condition to his eye, ill bump your post when rock on ruby gets stuffed next week and you will look rather silly.

Sound...I'll believe your mate over the trainer so, grand job! Thanks for such great info! You're the best! :)

Haha I couldn't give a fiddlers f#ck if you bump up anything I write. Do you honestly think that you "bumping" up a post on a medium that by it's very nature encourages the use of fake names will make me look silly?...

IF ROR is "stuffed" I'll be gutted...not because the horse lost, not because I've blown my money BUT NOOOOO because SFRC is going to make me look silly on a website! :P

As far as I know nobody on here knows me unless my auld las or neighbours dog is on here watching? Try not to make me look too silly now.... :rolleyes:

Deluded man. :D

Binoculars form in Cheltenham reads 2314, this is considered by you as ''good Cheltenham form'', Hurricane Fly has course figures of 13, with the 3rd been ahead of Binocular, yet the course we are told doesn't suit him :confused:

Hurricane Fly has finished ahead of Binocular all three times they have raced, once at Cheltenham and twice on Good Ground, they are the same age and Binocular has had more races, I can't for one second see why any logical arguement could be made for Binocular finishing ahead of Hurricane Fly, am I missing something?

It doesn't suit him...are you telling me it plays to his strengths? He beat Peddlers Cross (a stayer now apparently) and 3 other stayers in Oscar Whisky, Thousand Stars and Menorah. Do you believe that he won a strong CH with proven/natural 2m hurdlers? He won a poor a poor CH when his class got him through it.

For an inconsistent type Binocular has always improved for Cheltenham. As I've said, he has only raced HF once as Cheltenham and was only a length behind a supposedly far better horse in your opinion. Irish form is irrelevant.

You're confused as to how Binocular could finish ahead of HF this year...he has a length to find!

For what its worth I don't fancy Binocular. Do fancy Hurricane Fly as a lay if good is in ground description though. Soft ground and it's a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

It doesn't suit him...are you telling me it plays to his strengths? He beat Peddlers Cross (a stayer now apparently) and 3 other stayers in Oscar Whisky, Thousand Stars and Menorah. Do you believe that he won a strong CH with proven/natural 2m hurdlers? He won a poor a poor CH when his class got him through it.

For an inconsistent type Binocular has always improved for Cheltenham. As I've said, he has only raced HF once as Cheltenham and was only a length behind a supposedly far better horse in your opinion. Irish form is irrelevant.

You're confused as to how Binocular could finish ahead of HF this year...he has a length to find!

For what its worth I don't fancy Binocular. Do fancy Hurricane Fly as a lay if good is in ground description though. Soft ground and it's a different story.

Yes I do believe he's Champion was every bit as good as last years, infact I have little doubt and as I have pointed out before Timeform is in agreement, I know that is only an opinion aswell but there is merit to it.

How can you simply say Irish form is irrelevant, thats madness, I can only assume therefore you will only be backing English horses in all hte novice races and the Bumper?? Irish form needs to be assesed in a different light yes, but irrelevant, no.

Binocular has not always improved for Cheltenham, he was beaten by Captain Cee Bee in a Supreme when favourite and beaten by Punjabi when a shorter price than Hurricane Fly is now??

It is my opinion he has much more than a lenght to find, as Hurricane Fly did not give he's true running iin that race, also looking at the 10 horses declared I cannot see where the strong pace we had last year is going to come from, added to this the latest forecast in Cheltenham is leaning very much towards soft ground on the Tuesday, I think Huricane Fly has in excess of half a dozen lenghts over Binocular.

Of course this is all opinion and I know Im like a broken record at this stage but I strongly strongly believe Tuesday 12th March 2013 will be redemption day for the great one :D and If I am wrong I will be the first to put my hands up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement