Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I would much prefer he got another run into him, will be happy if he makes it at this stage. I'm going to take some of that 8s with Ladbrokes tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Misses his intended racecourse gallop this weekend. Expected to gallop next weekend now instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Wouldnt back it at 8/1 to line up never mind win the ch at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Misses his intended racecourse gallop this weekend. Expected to gallop next weekend now instead

Any reason why Richard

Any reason why Richard

Not ready apparently

• Advertisement

Would be worried that we haven't seen him or Bob's Worth if I'd backed them

Would be worried that we haven't seen him or Bob's Worth if I'd backed them

Worried he won't line up, or worried about fitness?

ft9 wrote: »
    Worried he won't line up, or worried about fitness?

About lining up. When a horse misses a few engagements, especially with Henderson, it would concern me, even if he is giving reassurances.

About lining up. When a horse misses a few engagements, especially with Henderson, it would concern me, even if he is giving reassurances.

Yeah I know where you're coming from. From reading the reports on his injury it did not sound serious (in relation to Grandouet). I think he said at the time of the Kingwell had it been the Champion Hurdle he would have ran.

I couldn't leave the 8/1 that became available behind. I played small stakes due to it being Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Filling in the leg is nothing serious. It is simply a bit of fluid, and happens in plenty of yards that the public wouldn't hear about because it is so minuscule.

I don't think it is ideal that Grandouet didn't have a prep, but I wouldn't think it was ideal to send him to the Scottish border for a mediocre race or to run in the Kingwell on the conditions either.

The horse is obviously fragile so skipping Kempton this week for a gallop isn't a big deal either, patience is key.

One horse I would be worried about as a backer is Bob's Worth, his trachea wasn't clean supposedly so some respiratory problem there.

• Advertisement

Whatever the problem is with Bobs Worth, he's solid as a rock on betfair, loves Cheltenham and had no problem winning 1st time up in the Hennessy.

None of the above apply to Grandouet. He's never won 1st time out, suspicions that Cheltenham may not suit him all that well and the fact he will have had only one run since December 11. I think you telling yourself what you want to hear.

Grandouet isn't best suited by Cheltenham, but the same can be said of Sprinter Sacre and Hurricane Fly. Horses do not need to be suited by Cheltenham to win races there.

I don't need to convince myself about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Ok. To sum up, he was fine to run a champion hurdle last Saturday but not fine to run a racecourse gallop today. Am I reading this correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Huntley wrote: »
    Grandouet isn't best suited by Cheltenham, but the same can be said of Sprinter Sacre and Hurricane Fly. Horses do not need to be suited by Cheltenham to win races there.

I don't need to convince myself about anything.

That is very much an unproven theory at this stage.

mdwexford wrote: »
    That is very much an unproven theory at this stage.

If Sprinter Sacre ran his next ten races at Cheltenham and won them all I still wouldn't think the course suits his qualities best. He is a flashy french type that will always relish a flat track as his cruising speed is so good, I'm not sure can one definitively prove that as of now but the profile of the horse tells its own story.

Anyway, Henderson is very sweet on Binocular after his recent work. Also seemed to let slip that the horse was lame last year after the Champion. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Also seemed to let slip that the horse was lame last year after the Champion. Make of it what you will.
    Where did you hear this Huntley?

ste2010 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this Huntley?

He did a media outing yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

If Sprinter Sacre ran his next ten races at Cheltenham and won them all I still wouldn't think the course suits his qualities best. He is a flashy french type that will always relish a flat track as his cruising speed is so good, I'm not sure can one definitively prove that as of now but the profile of the horse tells its own story.

Anyway, Henderson is very sweet on Binocular after his recent work. Also seemed to let slip that the horse was lame last year after the Champion. Make of it what you will.

I know what you mean the same as it probably didnt see Kauto Star at his very best but he still won two Gold Cups.

To date though he has had three good performances there with his last run probably a lifetime best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Chemical nicky at it again tells us a year later he was lame WAC

Urbansea will need a change of jocks when he reads that.

This gives me great encouragement, what NH said in relation to Grandouet recently...
    Despite having to miss his weekend engagement, Henderson is upbeat about Grandouet's Cheltenham chance, adding: "He is fit and well and, dare I say, fancied."

• Advertisement

I don't know what it is but Nicky Henderson reminds me of the Harry redknap of horse racing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

ste2010 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is but Nicky Henderson reminds me of the Harry redknap of horse racing

haha great call! Not unalike him, also loves the camera and biggin up his 'top top horses'. Not to mention he would sell his granny to Tesco's if it meant a quick buck! A real 'Wheeler an Dealer' is Nicky !! :pac:

Missed his last bit of serious work today, supposedly aiming for tomorrow. Will do a write up this week about the Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Any updates on Grandoeuts work, fancy this horse big time for the Champion Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Any updates on Grandoeuts work, fancy this horse big time for the Champion Hurdle.

Usual ****e for Henderson.. giving little away. Apparently before Darlan's (RIP) impressive runs Grandouet was yards main hope and I know Mick Fitz has him done from early doors (always a good sign). Any interview I've seen with Henderson lately he's been boasting about Binocular really impressing him when asked about CH so hard to judge his confidence. The better the ground the more I fancy Grandouet and ROR over HF and Zarkander. I'd even give a squeak to Cinders and Ashes ew over two market leaders if quick ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Usual ****e for Henderson.. giving little away. Apparently before Darlan's (RIP) impressive runs Grandouet was yards main hope and I know Mick Fitz has him done from early doors (always a good sign). Any interview I've seen with Henderson lately he's been boasting about Binocular really impressing him when asked about CH so hard to judge his confidence. The better the ground the more I fancy Grandouet and ROR over HF and Zarkander. I'd even give a squeak to Cinders and Ashes ew over two market leaders if quick ground.

Yeah the more it drys out the more confident i'd get about Grandouet. Can't believe the way NH is hyping up Binocular, no chance does he have, none at all imo.

Missed his last bit of serious work today, supposedly aiming for tomorrow. Will do a write up this week about the Champion.
    What was the reason he missed today's workout?

Frozen ground.

Frozen ground.
    In sedgefield?? There was racing there today

• Advertisement

I heard something on atr. 2 were meant to run. Thought it was frozen ground - maybe I misheard. If it was sedgefield where the gallop was meant to be then it definitely wasn't frozen ground. Maybe I mis-heard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement