Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most expensive drink you've drank?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I payed €15 for a Jager Bomb in some Nite Club in Dublin. It's was when I had a job so I didn't really care about the price so I guess it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Once had a glass of red wine that cost £60 per bottle, so would estimate my glass probably worth a £10 alone.

It was very nice I must admit, and you definitely noticed the difference between that and Blossom Hill 2 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Davyhal wrote: »
    Mine would be a €150 bottle of Champagne I won at a work party one year.... ended up drinking it straight from the bottle at a house party at 5am. Was fairly polluted, but I do remember it being very very nice alright.

Apart from that, I'd say €18.00 for a long island iced tea in a cocktail bar. Can't remember if it was Cork or Dublin.

Jesus you could have at least ordered a good cocktail. Long Island ice tea's should remain the drink of college girls. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

Glass of Midleton for about €14. Enjoy it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Paid about €17 for a pint of lager in Moscow. It was my round and there were 10 of us :(
    About €30 for a Singapore Sling in Raffles in Singapore
    and €9.20 for a bottle of beer in Nice.

Was in a Restaurant in Manchester that I used to go to quite a lot, had my parents with me and asked the manager (manager was a friend of a friend) to make a fuss over them, when be had finished out meal the came over to us with a bottle of wine that someone had ordered and had only one glass of it. He asked if he could join us to finish the bottle. Asked us what we thought of it, said it was nice, to which he replied "yeah definitely not worth £900". And that is without a doubt the most expensive drink I will ever have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

A glass of Heineken in 1999 for a girl I went out on a 1st date with

2012 and still wrecking me bleeding head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Bought my Dad a bottle of Bushmills Millenium Malt for €200 for Christmas 2007. He won't open it, be interesting to see if it accumulates in value much.

There were 365 casks sold, each marginally different. Many went to small groups of friends, so I'm afraid there's no shortage of this whiskey, and you can commonly get bottles in the €150 range. Little likelihood of it accruing further value. Tell your dad to crack it open and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

cristal champagne at sisters wedding,it tasted of piss so ended up dumping the tin of knock off redbull had been drinking into it,made it much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I never had it but the story is still passable. Fitzsimmons in Dublin used to Advertise a drink called "The Fitzsimmons special" or something like that. It was King Louis VIII brandy mixed with Don Perignon Champagne as I recall and cost 100 Irish Punts at the time.

At this time I was doing work placement for my course in CIT which was 25 weeks long so I put 4quid in a box every week for the entire time with the plan of blowing the result on a celebratory drink on the last Friday.

I got as far as the bar and bottled it (no pun) and just bought all my mates beer for awhile on the 100quid instead and never got the drink I had saved up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Jesus you could have at least ordered a good cocktail. Long Island ice tea's should remain the drink of college girls. Disgusting.

Good cocktail..bit of an oxymoron there.

Most expensive would be a drink I call 'skittles' - double southern comfort, bottle of smirnoff ice, dash of blackcurrant. Delicious but costs at least 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

80quid
    in bulgaria ( which is normaly and still is , a very very poor and cheap country ) the place wasnt even top notch
    paid for the bottle of wine , tasted like ****e and she came over and said that will be 203 leabh (dont know how to pronounce their currency)

i got sick in me mouth

the bottle cost 160 of their currency , was indeed the most expensive and worse drink ive ever tasted in me life , i couldnt make a fuss over it because the place is mafia run , and it only shocked 16leabh on the menu but it was 160..... ****hole

the dinner cost 6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Frynge wrote: »
    I drank in Singapore.
    flanno_7hi wrote: »
    have spent £10 on a cocktail in chester (an il presidente, was all booze and gets ya fairly whacked) on a night out and £50 quid on a bottle of champagne at the races. Would rather a pint most of the time though.
    My gfs grandad bought a bottle of these one night http://www.brewdog.com/product/sink-the-bismarck said it tasted like ****e

Both of the above had a sinapore sling in raffles hotel 24 notes it was nice but feic it.

Thankfully I did not buy the sink the bismarck but felt I could share the ships fate after it officially the worst thiing I have ever drank EVER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Raekwon wrote: »
    Oslo is double the price of Dublin for nearly everything.

See here

yes and so are the average wages;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    A glass of Dom Perignon, i used to work in Ron Blacks (pub on Dawson St Dublin), some rich american family were having an engagement party... long story short, they had ordered 20 bottles of Dom, myself and the other bar man kept half a bottle:eek: and drank it at the end of the night. It was unbelievably good, (at €190 a bottle it would bloody well want to be!). I felt like a proper posh c*nt.;)

Similar story with a £2800 bottle of wine. Apparently Andy Warhol designed the label.

Also paid €30 for 2 pints of Heineken in Paris in 2005..nearly puked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

TonyM. wrote: »
    I paid 24.00 euros for two glasses of gin in Malta this year.

Where was this?

Advertisement