Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most expensive drink you've drank?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,600 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Got a round in a night club Las Vegas in the summer, 7 drinks they where 3bud light ,1 redbull, 3 yagers, it came to 97 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Got a round in a night club Las Vegas in the summer, 7 drinks they where 3bud light ,1 redbull, 3 yagers, it came to 97 dollars
    That's why I always get the rounds in at the blackjack table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's why I always get the rounds in at the blackjack table.

i lost $300 waiting on a free bottle of bud at the blackjack table in the Luxor :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The most expensive spirit I've drank with probably the weirdest description ever:

Del Maguey Pechuga Mezcal £20.00
    Santa Catarina Minas, Mexico
    It sounds a bit Voodoo, but this extremely fine Mezcal is made with the help of a dead chicken. In a tiny Zapotec-speaking village they distil local Agave using a centuries old technique. On the third distillation they throw in wild mountain apples and plums, plantains, pineapples and a few almonds. They then suspend a raw chicken (legs and thighs removed) in the atmosphere of the still. The vapour passes over the chicken, dehydrating and darkening it as it goes, before condensing into a crystal clear liquid. At the end the chicken’s shrivelled remains are immediately transferred to the family shrine. Due to the use of wild local fruits with a very short season, production is extremely limited. This is a rare chance to try one of the most unusual, interesting and complex spirits around with smoke, fudge, spice, fruit, salt and a definite savouriness (chicken?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

The other half and I had cocktails in the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Cartlton in Paris last year.

2 cocktails and a plate of 4 sliders came to €75. Was outstanding though.

sliders?

champagne bottle for 120 quid.Buck fast tastes better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

dont understand this, been there many times and its about the same price as dublin everywhere i go

Oslo is double the price of Dublin for nearly everything.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Confab wrote: »
    Not the most expensive but the best, €50 for 6 x 330ml bottles of Westvletern XII.

Best beer in the world, literally.

AND two fancy glasses to enjoy it from. (Not share, cos it's too nice to share)

Had a bottle of Flying Dogs Kujo imperial coffee stout in a pub in Dublin, cost €9 but was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Definitely in Ibiza. Standard order in Amnesia/Space being 1 vodka, 1 red bull, 1 200ml bottle of water. €32.

Bought my Dad a bottle of Bushmills Millenium Malt for €200 for Christmas 2007. He won't open it, be interesting to see if it accumulates in value much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I paid €35 for 5 bottles of Miller in a bog standard pub in Kristansand in Norway once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

The 3 or 4 pints I had before I proposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Had a bottle of Flying Dogs Kujo imperial coffee stout in a pub in Dublin, cost €9 but was amazing.

Haha! What a name

They have bottles of Tactical Nuclear Penguin for €60 in The Twist Pepper on Abbey Street. It's 32%.

Brew Dog have another better called End of History that is 55% and is bottled in the stuffed dead bodies of small animals.

There was only 12 ever produced and they retail at around €850 each.

Here's a photo

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

wedding toast

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Anyone wrote: »
    It is a lovely city, but prior to afformentioned pissup, I went to the HardRock cafe, burger+fries and a beer....€35.

Near the end we were drinking some mad **** cocktails in a tiki bar(dont ask), they must have been 25-30 euro each.

I don't know what you were complaining about you at least were in Oslo.
    6 odd years ago was over on West coast and ended up going up north of Bergen and ended up in what must be the country and western capital of Norway, a small town called Stryn and at the end of yet another fjord.
    Anyway a goodfellas plain pizza, a bottle of bud and a glass of red vinegar in a bar cost €35 plus we had to watch Norwegian pop idol.

Swore I would go back in a fully stocked motorhome.

Beautiful scenery mind. :D
    nadey wrote: »
    My debs a few years back my boyfriend went to the bar for 2 vodka redbulls 35euro

Ehhh that was high because of the rohypnol ?

BTW one of biggest rip offs ever seen was 50 odd euro for bottle of Paddy and bottle of orange juice in a nightclub in Pau in France.
    I couldn't even pawn it off on some of the local lads who thought they were 50 centimes.
    BTW a friend chasing a local girl was the one that bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My most expensive drink would have been a pint of Heinikin which cost me over e100 at Brandons Bar in Ennis. My Push bike got nicked from outside when I was having it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anyone tempted to try this

expensive and lethal to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

pint of guinness in gogartys... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was in an upmarket joint in Paris and payed 20 euro plus for a single vodka. I was also buying for my girlfriend, so I breaking a fifty everytime I went to the bar. The beer was 10euro a bottle. The funny thing is we started off the night drinking 3euro bottles of wine in a quaint little side street bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WalterX

My girlfriend and I shared a €300 bottle of wine on holiday in Italy last year, so that was probably it.

A few months ago I received a bottle Sam Adams Utopias as a gift. It's a beer which is worth about $150 US.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

14€ for a cocktail in 06....
    or
    6 Pound Sterling for a Pint in London in October...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

A glass of Dom Perignon, i used to work in Ron Blacks (pub on Dawson St Dublin), some rich american family were having an engagement party... long story short, they had ordered 20 bottles of Dom, myself and the other bar man kept half a bottle:eek: and drank it at the end of the night. It was unbelievably good, (at €190 a bottle it would bloody well want to be!). I felt like a proper posh c*nt.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

neil_hosey wrote: »
    pint of guinness in gogartys... :eek::eek::eek:

4 jager + 2 red bulls over 30 quid in Fitzsimons. Templebar really is a tourist trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

£150 for a cocktail at a club in London. It was big though and lasted ages. Served in what looked to be a fishbowl. We only had one each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Probably a €8 for an appletini, which is lovely btw, and around €14 for a double frosties, kola kubes and Smirnoff ice, which is equally lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

In a strip club with a mate in Romania surrounded by 3 wh*res, the girls asked us to buy them a cocktail and being Romania we thought how expensive could it be, we ordered a bottle of heiniken each, got the bill and its was for over 100e, it was 25e a cocktail and 20 quid a bottle of beer. After that we were skint and had to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

2 bottles Heineken, 4 glasses wine 75 euro Dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

My brother buys loads of weird things for the bar. He bought a bottle of alcohol with a cobra in it, that cost a couple of hundred.

Cobra beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

paid 10.60 for a double JD a few years back in templebar,
    bought a hip flask after that experience

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I once pay €4.30 for a pint of Smithwicks. SMITHWICKS!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Bottle of Bollinger for 80 quid. Was well worth the money!:)

Advertisement